FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/778875-bonus-points-enroll-extended-payment-option-usa.html)

Thunderroad Dec 28, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks!

medichill Dec 28, 2013 6:12 pm

thunderroad, I took the offer. I don't think I'll ever use it, but you never know, and 10K is 10K. :)

antonius66 Dec 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I recently received it also and jumped all over it because I had been hoping I would receive it. I would never use it but it was an easy 10000 points.

rambo Dec 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Recently some one posted about this in another thread. I was never targeted but I called AMEX and they offered it to me (for my PRG). 10K posted within a few days. Good deal, 10K MR points for a few minutes of work.

Originally Posted by antonius66 (Post 22043132)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I recently received it also and jumped all over it because I had been hoping I would receive it. I would never use it but it was an easy 10000 points.

yoyo Dec 29, 2013 5:43 am

anyone got approved for extended payments on newly opened cards (say one/two week old)?

mcheng Jan 6, 2014 4:05 pm

I have a Personal card and a Business American express card. Each one I received an email to sign up for the Extended Payment Option and receive a bonus 10,000 membership reward points.

I signed up for the personal and received the points 1 week later. I signed up the for Business card and have not received anything now for 3 weeks. Is the bonus only eligible one time per person or can I get it for both the personal and business card?

dhuey Jan 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Just got the 10,000 MR bonus offer on my Platinum card. Easy points.

RhubarbPie Jan 13, 2014 9:15 am

My husband and I both got the 10K offer. I signed up a few days ago, chatted with CS last night to see if they could speed up the posting of the points. Was told to call MR CS this morning to have them do that, but when I logged in this morning the 10K was already there. My husband signed up this morning, and I'll have him do the same to get the points credited faster.

rambo Jan 13, 2014 11:41 am

I logged into my PRG account online and saw this message.

"Want more time to pay? The Extended Payment Option gives you the flexibility to pay for eligible purchases of $100 or more over time. There's no fee to enroll and you can earn 10,000 Membership RewardsŪ points. Terms Apply. Enroll Now "

I had recently signed up for it and already got the 10K bonus (I still tried to click enroll now link and the system told me that I am already enrolled). Please logon to your account and see if you get this on your account home page. If you do, it's 10K easy MR points.

RhubarbPie Jan 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by RhubarbPie (Post 22145049)
My husband and I both got the 10K offer. I signed up a few days ago, chatted with CS last night to see if they could speed up the posting of the points. Was told to call MR CS this morning to have them do that, but when I logged in this morning the 10K was already there. My husband signed up this morning, and I'll have him do the same to get the points credited faster.

Quick update: my husband chatted with CS and was able to actually get the points credited while he was chatting. Quickest and easiest 20K points ever. Both my email and my husbands email from Amex offering this promo ended up in our spam folder. So check your spam.

dhuey Jan 15, 2014 11:22 am

10,000 bonus MR points posted today, two days after I accepted the offer. Thanks, AmEx! I'm never going to use the extended payment option, but I will use those points.

kingrat Mar 3, 2014 11:11 am

Plat Extended Pay 10K points

I buddy at work got an offer for 10k miles for signing up for extended pay.. he did it and got the points but have never used it for extended pay..

I looked and found several old responses about no hard pulls..

has anyone recently seen they don't do a hard pull for this?

3Point Mar 3, 2014 7:19 pm

I got the targeted offer by email yesterday evening. This was a no-brainer for the 10K points, and I accepted immediately. They did ask for a statement of my annual income, which seemed reasonable for this offer.

UA Fan Mar 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Good to see the points have posted quickly. Has anyone had it take 6-8 weeks? I ask as my step-dad got this offer but just got charged the annual fee and is planning on cancelling.

UA Fan Mar 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Well this is odd. I just logged back into the account and cannot find the offer that was displayed very boldly before. Looked at the all the offers he had and did not find it there either. Anyway to get this?