Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Old Aug 13, 10, 9:32 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Worldwide
Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver
Posts: 401
Anyone have the Bonus Code or the email available for review?
angel.x.martinez is offline  
Old Aug 24, 10, 11:11 am
  #17  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 41,191
You may need to login to your account to see this page which illustrates how your statement changes if you enroll in a pay over time plan:

https://home.americanexpress.com/hom...t/openloc.html
mia is offline  
Old Aug 25, 10, 9:41 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SAN
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, American Air, National Car
Posts: 1,085
I'm not sure what AMEX's motivation is on these offers , either the suspect you might be putting large purchases on V/MC to get some paydown relief vs. cash flow , and they'd like to capture that spend

and/or this allows them to categorize your monthly spend in a way that allows them to package into short-term security , and want your FICO score to up the risk score on the package
4aks is offline  
Old Aug 25, 10, 10:20 am
  #19  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 41,191
Originally Posted by 4aks View Post
... this allows them to categorize your monthly spend in a way that allows them to package into short-term security...
As a matter of interest, in 1992 American Express evidently securitized charge card receiveables...

http://hbr.org/product/lehman-brothe...293121-PDF-ENG
mia is offline  
Old Aug 25, 10, 10:25 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PHX
Posts: 620
Originally Posted by 4aks View Post
I'm not sure what AMEX's motivation is on these offers , either the suspect you might be putting large purchases on V/MC to get some paydown relief vs. cash flow , and they'd like to capture that spend
Could they determine that by doing soft-pulls on credit reports?
Okto is offline  
Old Oct 29, 10, 11:42 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 290
Enroll in PayOverTime for Premier Gold and get 5K MR

After logging in to my AMEX account, one window shows that "enroll in pay over time for large purchase and get 5K MR points". It seems it's for the Premier Gold card.

"To be eligible to get bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of enrollment in these features. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards account is permitted, and bonus points will be
credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 5,000 points per account. Bonus ID 4555. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXPEARN
(297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. To get bonus points related to this offer you must enroll by December 31, 2010."

But I don't know how to get a direct link for it.
chespeak2002 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 10, 1:01 am
  #22  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA | IAD | BWI | BOS | OSL
Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Posts: 1,388
Originally Posted by chespeak2002 View Post
After logging in to my AMEX account, one window shows that "enroll in pay over time for large purchase and get 5K MR points". It seems it's for the Premier Gold card.

"To be eligible to get bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of enrollment in these features. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards account is permitted, and bonus points will be
credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 5,000 points per account. Bonus ID 4555. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXPEARN
(297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. To get bonus points related to this offer you must enroll by December 31, 2010."

But I don't know how to get a direct link for it.
5K for you!!! Wow! I got offered a measly 1.5k bonus pts to enroll. I always pay off 7-15 days early and often overpay what's due...
krpjr is offline  
Old Oct 31, 10, 5:37 pm
  #23  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA | IAD | BWI | BOS | OSL
Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Posts: 1,388
Extended Pay Opt

Is it worth enrolling in the extended pay option for the bonus points? I don't need extended pay as I always pay off ahead of time. How will my AMEX profile look for future offers if they see I signed up for "extended pay."
krpjr is offline  
Old Oct 31, 10, 5:44 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: WAS (DCA, IAD, BWI)
Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Posts: 1,314
Originally Posted by krpjr View Post
Is it worth enrolling in the extended pay option for the bonus points? I don't need extended pay as I always pay off ahead of time. How will my AMEX profile look for future offers if they see I signed up for "extended pay."
What bonus points? Do you have a link of promo #?
MayorMcKnife is offline  
Old Oct 31, 10, 6:02 pm
  #25  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA | IAD | BWI | BOS | OSL
Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Posts: 1,388
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife View Post
What bonus points? Do you have a link of promo #?
There is no link because it's targeted to certain people. However, there is another forum member who received the same promo to enroll in "pay over time" on their Gold card, except they got offered 5K MR pts and I only was offered 1.5k MR pts.

krpjr is offline  
Old Oct 31, 10, 6:05 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IND
Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Posts: 538
Originally Posted by krpjr View Post
Is it worth enrolling in the extended pay option for the bonus points? I don't need extended pay as I always pay off ahead of time. How will my AMEX profile look for future offers if they see I signed up for "extended pay."
I signed up for the extended pay option about two years ago. Got 5000 points and still never used it once. Yes, its worth it.
millere2 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 10, 6:24 pm
  #27  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA | IAD | BWI | BOS | OSL
Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Posts: 1,388
Originally Posted by millere2 View Post
I signed up for the extended pay option about two years ago. Got 5000 points and still never used it once. Yes, its worth it.
Wish I was under the provision of AMEX marketing to receive 5K MR :-\.
krpjr is offline  
Old Nov 1, 10, 7:21 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz, SPG, Fairmont
Posts: 20
Is this only offered on that Gold Card, or is there a similar opportunity with the Platinum? Like most others with the Plat card, I pay off on time, but life does bring with it those unexpected issues. . . any one know about Plat?
JML1975 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 10, 7:44 am
  #29  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 41,191
Originally Posted by JML1975 View Post
...is there a similar opportunity with the Platinum?
American Express offers various pay-over-time features on all USA-issued charge cards, regardless of color (Green, Gold, Platinum, Centurion). However, this doesn't mean that there is a bonus offer available to all cardholders. Likewise, if your card is issued in Canada the details and offers may be totally different.
mia is offline  
Old Dec 18, 10, 1:25 pm
  #30  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: BOI or anywhere a good IPA is served!!
Programs: Too many to list
Posts: 10,419
Where did these 1500 MR pts. come from?

1500 MR appeared in my acct. on 12/1 and I don't know where they came from. It says "Earned: Premier Rewards Gold Card xxxxxxxx". But I haven't charged more than $350 over the last two months. Maybe a "bonus" of some sort? I've had the card since April. Any clue?

TIA
philemer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: