FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/778875-bonus-points-enroll-extended-payment-option-usa.html)

angel.x.martinez Aug 13, 10 10:32 pm

Anyone have the Bonus Code or the email available for review?

mia Aug 24, 10 12:11 pm

You may need to login to your account to see this page which illustrates how your statement changes if you enroll in a pay over time plan:

https://home.americanexpress.com/hom...t/openloc.html

4aks Aug 25, 10 10:41 am

I'm not sure what AMEX's motivation is on these offers , either the suspect you might be putting large purchases on V/MC to get some paydown relief vs. cash flow , and they'd like to capture that spend

and/or this allows them to categorize your monthly spend in a way that allows them to package into short-term security , and want your FICO score to up the risk score on the package

mia Aug 25, 10 11:20 am


Originally Posted by 4aks (Post 14544155)
... this allows them to categorize your monthly spend in a way that allows them to package into short-term security...

As a matter of interest, in 1992 American Express evidently securitized charge card receiveables...

http://hbr.org/product/lehman-brothe...293121-PDF-ENG

Okto Aug 25, 10 11:25 am


Originally Posted by 4aks (Post 14544155)
I'm not sure what AMEX's motivation is on these offers , either the suspect you might be putting large purchases on V/MC to get some paydown relief vs. cash flow , and they'd like to capture that spend

Could they determine that by doing soft-pulls on credit reports?

chespeak2002 Oct 30, 10 12:42 am

Enroll in PayOverTime for Premier Gold and get 5K MR
 
After logging in to my AMEX account, one window shows that "enroll in pay over time for large purchase and get 5K MR points". It seems it's for the Premier Gold card.

"To be eligible to get bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of enrollment in these features. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards account is permitted, and bonus points will be
credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 5,000 points per account. Bonus ID 4555. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXPEARN
(297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. To get bonus points related to this offer you must enroll by December 31, 2010."

But I don't know how to get a direct link for it.

krpjr Oct 31, 10 2:01 am


Originally Posted by chespeak2002 (Post 15041050)
After logging in to my AMEX account, one window shows that "enroll in pay over time for large purchase and get 5K MR points". It seems it's for the Premier Gold card.

"To be eligible to get bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of enrollment in these features. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards account is permitted, and bonus points will be
credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 5,000 points per account. Bonus ID 4555. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXPEARN
(297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. To get bonus points related to this offer you must enroll by December 31, 2010."

But I don't know how to get a direct link for it.

5K for you!!! Wow! I got offered a measly 1.5k bonus pts to enroll. I always pay off 7-15 days early and often overpay what's due...

krpjr Oct 31, 10 6:37 pm

Extended Pay Opt
 
Is it worth enrolling in the extended pay option for the bonus points? I don't need extended pay as I always pay off ahead of time. How will my AMEX profile look for future offers if they see I signed up for "extended pay."

MayorMcKnife Oct 31, 10 6:44 pm


Originally Posted by krpjr (Post 15049155)
Is it worth enrolling in the extended pay option for the bonus points? I don't need extended pay as I always pay off ahead of time. How will my AMEX profile look for future offers if they see I signed up for "extended pay."

What bonus points? Do you have a link of promo #?

krpjr Oct 31, 10 7:02 pm


Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife (Post 15049188)
What bonus points? Do you have a link of promo #?

There is no link because it's targeted to certain people. However, there is another forum member who received the same promo to enroll in "pay over time" on their Gold card, except they got offered 5K MR pts and I only was offered 1.5k MR pts.

http://i52.tinypic.com/33onwi1.png

millere2 Oct 31, 10 7:05 pm


Originally Posted by krpjr (Post 15049155)
Is it worth enrolling in the extended pay option for the bonus points? I don't need extended pay as I always pay off ahead of time. How will my AMEX profile look for future offers if they see I signed up for "extended pay."

I signed up for the extended pay option about two years ago. Got 5000 points and still never used it once. Yes, its worth it.

krpjr Oct 31, 10 7:24 pm


Originally Posted by millere2 (Post 15049318)
I signed up for the extended pay option about two years ago. Got 5000 points and still never used it once. Yes, its worth it.

Wish I was under the provision of AMEX marketing to receive 5K MR :-\.

JML1975 Nov 1, 10 8:21 am

Is this only offered on that Gold Card, or is there a similar opportunity with the Platinum? Like most others with the Plat card, I pay off on time, but life does bring with it those unexpected issues. . . any one know about Plat?

mia Nov 1, 10 8:44 am


Originally Posted by JML1975 (Post 15051542)
...is there a similar opportunity with the Platinum?

American Express offers various pay-over-time features on all USA-issued charge cards, regardless of color (Green, Gold, Platinum, Centurion). However, this doesn't mean that there is a bonus offer available to all cardholders. Likewise, if your card is issued in Canada the details and offers may be totally different.

philemer Dec 18, 10 2:25 pm

Where did these 1500 MR pts. come from?
 
1500 MR appeared in my acct. on 12/1 and I don't know where they came from. It says "Earned: Premier Rewards Gold Card xxxxxxxx". But I haven't charged more than $350 over the last two months. Maybe a "bonus" of some sort? I've had the card since April. Any clue?

TIA


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:18 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.