Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
here's the full footnote for number 1
Good luck!
thanks
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
I responded to the 10k offer on my PRG account that I learned of via The Points Guy's post in early April. I sent a secured message a few weeks ago and received the response that they had to investigate. When I got home last night I had a letter stating they'd applied them to my account.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
I responded to the 10k offer on my PRG account that I learned of via The Points Guy's post in early April. I sent a secured message a few weeks ago and received the response that they had to investigate. When I got home last night I had a letter stating they'd applied them to my account.

This is almost exactly what happened with me. Responded to 10k offer on my PRG in April. Called about 2 weeks ago and the phone rep said someone would investigate. Got a nice voicemail message today saying they had put 10k in my account.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:24 am

According to this thread, I applied for the points in early April, and just received the bonus today.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Mine takes almost 8 weeks to post.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Amazing...early last year, signed up my AMEX PLAT, promptly got 10K.
This year, signed up my GOLD Open as soon as I found out that it was eligible, that was ~2 weeks ago, last week got a letter in mail to confirm sign up and today saw on my MR balance the 5K credit!

Once again thanks AMEX!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Amazing...early last year, signed up my AMEX PLAT, promptly got 10K.
This year, signed up my GOLD Open as soon as I found out that it was eligible, that was ~2 weeks ago, last week got a letter in mail to confirm sign up and today saw on my MR balance the 5K credit!

Once again thanks AMEX!
ha of course it should be the other way round. they should be thanking all us. their significantly reduced funding costs on revolving credit lines are worth much, much more than the 5-10k points they give us in return
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:46 pm

Is there any insight as to why some people are eligible and others not? My mom and I were able to sign up no problem, but it's not working for my dad, and I've been trying every few days for months!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Bonus 5K points for my wife and my PRG's posted 2 days ago (took nearly 7-8 weeks). Wishing we had done the 10K link now Only the PRG's were eligible last time, not the Gold Biz. Saw a link on FW today that works for the Gold Biz on both our accounts. Another free 5K each!

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...RCRD&srcCd=2PY
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As an update, I got 10k after calling in about the whereabouts of the missing points on my PRG card. They also gave me an extra 1k at the time.

Then last week another 10k hit my account. So they double credited me, or maybe credited both my PRG and platinum, I'm not sure. But I got 21,000 points out of the deal.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Same as previous poster.

Early July contact they manually adjusted 10k after an investigation then last week I was surprised by an additional 10k for the same offer. Thank you MR.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Bonus 5K points for my wife and my PRG's posted 2 days ago (took nearly 7-8 weeks). Wishing we had done the 10K link now Only the PRG's were eligible last time, not the Gold Biz. Saw a link on FW today that works for the Gold Biz on both our accounts. Another free 5K each!

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...RCRD&srcCd=2PY
^ Thanks! Been looking for a link to enroll my BGR.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by akcae
^ Thanks! Been looking for a link to enroll my BGR.
Uh big time wow, our 5K points per account have already posted. Less than 2 weeks! This is compared to the 7-8 that it took for the personal accounts.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:13 am

Thanks. Just enrolled my business platinum. I think it was ineligible before.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
signed up for extended payments months ago(I think ending of 2011)...5K points never came...figured I wasn't targeted and I lost out..closed my PRG back in May...yesterday I got a letter saying sorry the 5k points never came due to error..here is 50$...so not bad in my mind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.