Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Old Feb 23, 12, 4:06 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by contactcr View Post

http://www.americanexpress.com/payovertimeMR1

Shows 5k bonus and here are the T&C's:

Took me right to the enrollment bonus landing page and then the enroll now button worked fine for my PRG. No idea if the 5k MR points will post this way or not but be sure to take a screenshot, don't see how they can deny it.
I signe dup for the payovertime promotion a few months ago, though a similar 5,000 MR points link. However, I haven't received my points yet- thanks to the OP for starting the thread and reminding me to send a secure message following up.

I confirm that there is no requirement to use the payovertime feature, so it doesn't cost you anything. However, I did use it my first month, because the bill is presented differently- when you have payovertime, it shows both the amount you owe, and a smaller amount (~50%) in the "amount to pay" box. I accidently paid only the amount to pay, so incurred a grand total of $2 in interest!

Just a warning for those who sign up, but have heftier charges- check your bill carefully.

I will do a follow up post on the resolution to my secure message.

Friendly
Old Feb 23, 12, 6:45 am

Everytime i try to do it, (on plat or prg) says unable to approve this request, any idea why?
Old Feb 23, 12, 6:56 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by onefasteuro View Post
Everytime i try to do it, (on plat or prg) says unable to approve this request, any idea why?
Not sure how they are targeting this one, but its not an easy ride. Amex sent me a letter formally addressing the offer for my PRG acct, I signed up, and the points did not post. Rounds of SM with screen shots and explaining Amex contacted me on this (letter) not the other way around, and they still wouldnt honor. Needed to go to twitter team, and then they agreed I should have had the bonus all along.

It was only available on the PRG card, does not come up avail for the Platinum for me.

...Just saying, expect headaches with this one....
Old Feb 23, 12, 7:48 am

Programs: Several dozen
Oh, ye of little faith!

The good cardinals at AMEX can quote scripture from the good book (of terms and conditions) - "We reserve the right to add to and/or change the Membership Rewards program (“program”) Terms & Conditions at any time."

That is how the cardinals (of The Spanish Inquisition) can deny anything they want or persecute anyone they want at any time. What? You never heard of the cardinal rule?

Originally Posted by contactcr View Post
No idea if the 5k MR points will post this way or not but be sure to take a screenshot, don't see how they can deny it.
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet View Post
I signe dup for the payovertime promotion a few months ago, though a similar 5,000 MR points link. However, I haven't received my points yet- thanks to the OP for starting the thread and reminding me to send a secure message following up.

I confirm that there is no requirement to use the payovertime feature, so it doesn't cost you anything. However, I did use it my first month, because the bill is presented differently- when you have payovertime, it shows both the amount you owe, and a smaller amount (~50%) in the "amount to pay" box. I accidently paid only the amount to pay, so incurred a grand total of $2 in interest!

Just a warning for those who sign up, but have heftier charges- check your bill carefully.

I will do a follow up post on the resolution to my secure message.

Friendly
Thanks for the heads up, wonder how it shows up on the mobile app. I use that to pay my bill the majority of the time.
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy View Post
Oh, ye of little faith!

The good cardinals at AMEX can quote scripture from the good book (of terms and conditions) - "We reserve the right to add to and/or change the Membership Rewards program (“program”) Terms & Conditions at any time."

That is how the cardinals (of The Spanish Inquisition) can deny anything they want or persecute anyone they want at any time. What? You never heard of the cardinal rule?
True, I guess I should have said "If you are an Orthodox FT Negotiator willing to bring your keyboard and telephone into battle with you then you may be able to defeat the evil AMEX monarchy"
Old Feb 27, 12, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Update to my earlier post- signed up a few months ago and never got the points. Was reminded of the offer by the OP, sent in an SM a few days ago, and my 5,000 points posted today.

I didn't have to send in any screenshots, so less painful than some posters. But if you are going to take advantage of this offer, be prepared to follow up.

Friendly
Old Feb 27, 12, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Did this last year and worked perfectly- I pay off each month, thanks for the extra points!
Old Feb 28, 12, 1:38 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread started by vdostoi1 has been merged with established thread on this recurring offer. Thanks to 84fiero for providing the link.
Old Mar 21, 12, 4:31 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Persistents pays off

I only opened my Gold Premier Rewards card last year and I tried to sign up in the earlier part of the year. Link would never accept me and always required me to call in. Tried many links and many times. So I put it aside and figured these extra points would be possible for me. I was told that I wasn't allowed to have this feature on my account until my card was at least a year old. Funny thing happened. A few months after requesting this feature, I receive an offer in the mail to add this feature to my account. The offer said nothing about the bonus points though. So I went online and tried the link again. It work this time! Months go by, I've almost forgot about it......except I keep good record which remind me to collect on my points deals. So now 3 months later, I call and inquire that i have not receive the points promised for this offer. They can't find any info on this offer on my account but the rep starts a research request into the situation. I also, send a very nice detailed letter to AMEX (with link included). The points post in about 2 weeks from the time I took both actions. I also got a letter in the mail confirming the points they posted to my account.
Anyway, I love AMEX and I feel like they are very good to you (most of the time). You need to do your homework and be persistent. If one rep says no, call again. Email again and again. Your results can always change.
Thanks for this thread. Hope many will also be successful at receiving these points. It's a nice bonus!
Old Apr 8, 12, 2:33 pm

Got an e-mail offer for this today. Figured I might as well accept, though I am sure I will never take advantage of it. Any down side, other than making your bill slightly more difficult to read? Would it be possible to enroll for 6 months or a year and then ask them to un-enroll you without losing the points?
Old Apr 9, 12, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
I just used this link to enroll my Amex Plat:

http://tinyurl.com/cme973n

The offer is for 10,000 MR points. Hopefully my points go through!
Old Apr 9, 12, 5:00 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
I tried today to get a 5k bump on the Mar 29 Plat approval before diving in on 6 other Amex cards.

Prompt (as always) SM response:

Response (A.....) 04/09/2012 05:09 PM
Dear xxx,

I have checked our records but was unable to locate the promotion which you are referring to.

In order to assist you appropriately regarding this matter, I would request you to please provide us with more details about the promotion mentioned in your email.

You may provide us with a promotion identification number or any other details. Please be advised that the Promotional Offer Identification Number (POID) is an alpha numeric number made up of 4 digits of letters and numbers, a hyphen, and then another 4 digits that appears above your name on the mailing.

For example, the Offer Identification Number will appear as A508-0001

The Offer Identification Number will be displayed on the mailer just above the addresses name.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

A.....
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
Old Apr 10, 12, 8:10 am

Thanks for the link. Just enrolled my Plat. Crossing fingers!
Old Apr 10, 12, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kaipoman View Post
Thanks for the link. Just enrolled my Plat. Crossing fingers!
Ditto on the thanks! ^
I'm merely Gold and it appeared to accept my card. Now waiting for points to post . . .

Search this Thread
Search Engine: