Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Old Nov 11, 11, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
Signed up via link.
Shut down via SM.
Received the letter yesterday welcoming me to pay over time program.

Oh well
How long has it been since you signed up via link? It takes a few days to post, so if you only recently signed up, you could still get automated credit...
Old Nov 11, 11, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by andysiz View Post
How long has it been since you signed up via link? It takes a few days to post, so if you only recently signed up, you could still get automated credit...
Signed up via the link on Oct 27 so I'm sure it's a bit late. No worries though. Better luck next time!
Old Nov 11, 11, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by akcae View Post
I signed up via the link provided elsewhere on this forum sometime ago. When no points posted, I contacted AMEX via secure message and got shot down with the same argument. However, if it's targeted, how was I able to register? And how is the link publicly available? I'm pushing back -- got a second response that they're "researching" this, whatever that means. I'll post an update when I get a response.
Well, not sure if it's poor form to quote myself, but 5000 points mysteriously showed up in my account yesterday. Still no SM or letter on resolution of "research" but I'm a happy cardholder (again ).

Now, wonder if this will work for my brand-new BGR card....
Old Nov 12, 11, 2:47 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
still

waiting to get my 5k..i'm not feeling that it will be likely
Old Nov 12, 11, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by andysiz View Post
How long has it been since you signed up via link? It takes a few days to post
Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
Signed up via the link on Oct 27 so I'm sure it's a bit late.
Originally Posted by bitachu View Post
waiting to get my 5k..i'm not feeling that it will be likely
I'm not at all sure that the wait is necessarily just a few days. My points appeared when my statement closed; it seems coincidental that this was, in my case, 3 days after I signed up.

Same for the rest of you who got the points?
Old Nov 12, 11, 1:45 pm

Got in on the platinum card that keeps on giving.
Old Nov 13, 11, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
just got a 10k offer

Dear patriots68,
It's nice to have flexibility when it comes to paying for large purchases — especially during the holiday season. As a select Card member, you're invited to enroll in the Extended Payment Option, a special feature of your Platinum Card® from American Express.
Reasons to Enroll:

• The flexibility to pay over time on eligible purchases of $100 or more.¹
• Each month, you can pay your balance in full, the minimum due, or any amount in between — it's up to you.
• Enroll with no fee.
• If you carry a balance, only pay interest on purchases that are eligible for payment over time.
When it comes to holiday shopping, use the Card that offers benefits, protections, and now the payment flexibility that American Express can provide. Enroll today and get 10,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points.²
To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® First program at the time of enrollment in this feature. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards First account is permitted, and bonus points will be credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 10,000 points per account. Bonus ID 6650. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards First program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-297-1300 for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Offer expires December 31, 2011. If your enrollment in the Extended Payment Option feature is approved after this date, you will not be eligible for bonus points offer.
Old Nov 13, 11, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by patriots68 View Post
Dear patriots68,
It's nice to have flexibility when it comes to paying for large purchases — especially during the holiday season. As a select Card member, you're invited to enroll in the Extended Payment Option, a special feature of your Platinum Card® from American Express.
Reasons to Enroll:

• The flexibility to pay over time on eligible purchases of $100 or more.¹
• Each month, you can pay your balance in full, the minimum due, or any amount in between — it's up to you.
• Enroll with no fee.
• If you carry a balance, only pay interest on purchases that are eligible for payment over time.
When it comes to holiday shopping, use the Card that offers benefits, protections, and now the payment flexibility that American Express can provide. Enroll today and get 10,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points.²
To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® First program at the time of enrollment in this feature. Only one bonus offer per Membership Rewards First account is permitted, and bonus points will be credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Maximum 10,000 points per account. Bonus ID 6650. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards First program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-297-1300 for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Offer expires December 31, 2011. If your enrollment in the Extended Payment Option feature is approved after this date, you will not be eligible for bonus points offer.
Got the same offer! 10,000 bonus MR for enrolling. Great!!!!! Love my platinum card....it just keeps paying for itself year after year. Amex treats their customers right
Old Nov 13, 11, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by jammanxc View Post
Got the same offer! 10,000 bonus MR for enrolling. Great!!!!! Love my platinum card....it just keeps paying for itself year after year. Amex treats their customers right
Nice to see this offer going out. Are you receiving the offer via email or snail mail? Got to start watching my junk boxes.
Old Nov 13, 11, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by longleaf View Post
Nice to see this offer going out. Are you receiving the offer via email or snail mail? Got to start watching my junk boxes.
got it via email last week i tried for the 5k via secure message and got rejecting saying I wasn't targeted
Old Nov 18, 11, 12:22 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire, A3 Gold, Alaska Air, UA, Virgin Atlantic, SPG, Hyatt
I wanted the 5,000 miles and applied and was rejected online. I called up and the rep told me he could offer me 10,000 miles and we handled it by phone. Only my Plat card was eligible, not my Business Gold.
Old Nov 18, 11, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Put in for the 5K bonus online for my wife's Plat card a couple weeks ago. It was accepted. My Gold Biz card was rejected. The 5K points for my wife's card just posted. Do I call to bump the bonus?
Old Nov 19, 11, 2:50 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
So signed up online.. Got the mailer about it.. But still no points
Old Jan 18, 12, 10:06 pm

5000 pts for signing up pay over time

Has anyone tried applying online for the AMEX pay over time using the link. It doesn't mention anything about calling CSR for a bonus Id. Also, is the 5000 pts bonus for one AMEX type card only or can I apply for PRG and Platinum for total of 10k points

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...RCRD&srcCd=NH4
Old Jan 18, 12, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Has anyone tried applying online for the AMEX pay over time using the link. It doesn't mention anything about calling CSR for a bonus Id. Also, is the 5000 pts bonus for one AMEX type card only or can I apply for PRG and Platinum for total of 10k points

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...RCRD&srcCd=NH4
worked for me, when should I receive the 5k points after i enroll in it?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: