Wiki Posts
Search

Plat Fee Question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2007, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, F9 Summit
Plat Fee Question

I just was approved for a Plat Personal card. I have a rather specific request for the concierge and if they are able to complete it I would keep the card. My question is, if I activate the card and then cancel it after only a month (or less) will I still have the whole fee or will they pro-rate it?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 8:25 pm

Programs: Amex Personal PLT, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by APFPilot1985
I just was approved for a Plat Personal card. I have a rather specific request for the concierge and if they are able to complete it I would keep the card. My question is, if I activate the card and then cancel it after only a month (or less) will I still have the whole fee or will they pro-rate it?

Not sure, but if they do prorate, not a big loss really.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:03 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
They used to prorate, but the last time I've the need for prorating was a long time ago when I moved from gold to plat. Things might have changed though. I'd suggest calling customer service just to make sure
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: dl pm, *wood gold, amex plat, marriott silver
I was told they do prorate on a monthly basis and you can keep the sign up MR's as long as you charge and pay for something. I actually planned on signing up for the card getting 25,000 and cancelling I had heard to get into the airport lounges you just need to show the card so I figured even after cancelling the card would still show an experiation date 4 or 5 yaers away. by the way so far every location has swiped my card and I am curious how they would react if the card was coming up as cancelled. Anyways I still have the card and have been finding ways to make up my annual fee through the benefits.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 2:58 pm

They pro-rate it
Old Jan 4, 2008, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can probably get a good idea of whether they'd do what you want by poking around some of the other AmEx concierge threads here, or just asking us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.