Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2006-2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2006-2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2009, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@ skylofts, thanks chimoe125 ^ >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
510 rates from now through march.

bummer, only 4 days of $750 for 2BR - 1/26 > 1/29. hope someone can use it.

(510/700 were old lows, but its only been 600/900 recently on calendar.)

(virtuoso/FHR = 15% discount.)
Old Jan 20, 2009, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Stayed at three Taj hotels (Rambagh, Lake and Umaid) in India. FHR rates were cheaper than any online and got me upgrade to suites at all the hotels, breakfast, late check-out and lunch/dinner at two of them and 20% of the Spa at the third. Made the trip very pleasant! Indeed at one of them when I originally reserved they found a room for me even though online said the hotel was full that day. They also lowered the quoted rate when I got there.

Imperial in Delhi and ITC Maurya got upgraded to suites, bottle of bubbly (Imperial only), breakfast included (even though room only rate at ITC) and late check-outs.

Oberoi in Agra didnt upgrade but gave late checkout and lunch/dinner. Hotel is over-rated to be honest. Extortionate, but you pay for the view and proximity to the Taj Mahal. Not even close to as good as the other hotels.

UK PTS booked.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:39 pm

Programs: dl pm, *wood gold, amex plat, marriott silver
Skylofts @ MGM

Just returned a few days ago and we had a great FHR experience. I would not normally stay here on my own but we had 5 guys on a bachelor party. I spoke with the hotel a few times before reserving through FHR and luckily everything worked out. Stayed three nights Sun-Wed. We booked a one bedroom at $595 a night we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom for the entire stay. They also let us check in early 10 am on sunday so we could watch the football games. They give you an invitation that explains all your benefits. I tried to use them all but skipped the free limo ride back to the airport.
All in all the card paid for it self on this trip.
Two bedroom would have been about $500 per night extra plus breakfast for two every morning was another $50 a day and $100 to the spa I didnt have time to get a massage but they let me use he $100 in the spa shop so I bought a nice robe and some face gels or whatever they are. All totaled thats basically like 1600+ in benefits for three nights.

P.S. I also used the concierge for club lists they were very nice and put me on vip lists for all palms clubs which is what i asked for. My name wasnt on the list when I got there but i showed him the card and the comped my 4 friends and I. The admission was $40 a person so that was a nice perk, clubs weren't great so we probably stayed ten minutes in each which have been a bummer if we shelled out the $200. Any other skylofts questions feel free to PM me.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:39 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Mandarin Oriental Prague.

H & I (both Cent holders) booked premier room with confirmed upgrade to Junior Suite- were upgraded to Oriental Suite with 2 free nights.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by damon88
Mandarin Oriental Prague.

H & I (both Cent holders) booked premier room with confirmed upgrade to Junior Suite- were upgraded to Oriental Suite with 2 free nights.
I did the MO Prague in 2008 and got similar treatment. Great hotel.

More recently I did both the MO's in Thailand and got the free Centurion nights and all the benefits. I even swung a 1am extra upgrade in Bangkok necessitating the staff to come in and do a late night turn down service. Which they performed perfectly and with humble grace. I love the Oriental Bangkok!
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:02 pm

MO Singapore

Booked Harbour view upgraded to Club Harbour View. Great view.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP1M, Marriott LTT, DL Gld, UA Slvr, HH Gld
Ritz Carlton Denver (last weekend)

Upgrade from standard room (booked through PTS at same rate as hotels.com) to (giant) one bedroom suite, breakfast, late check out + $85 food credit (useful at Elways stakehouse at the hotel)
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:24 pm

Case Study: Booking the Elbow Beach, MO Bermuda

Booked this through CTS. Helpful rep at Amex.

I looked online and found rates at this hotel for $195 for the cheapest room - a steal for Bermuda. The island is basically paying $100 per room per night at local hotels as part of a special 400th-anniversary deal.

CTS said that they weren't showing that rate. Eventually, I found out that to get the free night at the MO, you had to book at least a premier garden view ($379) or premiere ocean view ($399). I booked the ocean view - looks beautiful on the website, and the better rooms have been recently renovated. I'll review after my trip.

So it was basically a bottom tier room for $390 for two nights, with no FHR, or a much higher-tier room for $399 for two nights (with the free night) and the FHR benefits. No brainer. I had hoped to get two nights in the cheapest room for $195, but that doesn't seem to be the way these things work...

FHR benefits include upgrade if available (not offered at confirmation), cont breakfast each day and one lunch. Also butler service. I like the idea but have no idea what I'd want from a butler.

I've seen online that this place is a step below other MOs, but I've never stayed at one and am looking forward to it anyway. I will compare to the Wynn Tower Suites in LV, my last true luxury hotel.

As a side note, the person at the hotel to whom the CTS rep spoke originally said that a 4 night stay (3 paid + 1 free) was required for the free night. I knew that wasn't true - the CTS rep eventually figured that out and called back; the next person to answer at the hotel seemed to know the deal a bit better. I've found that you really need to KNOW YOUR BENEFITS if you a) want to get them when they're supposed to be offered and b) don't want to have to get AmEx to make the hotel adjust your bill later.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by buffcoat
FHR benefits include upgrade if available (not offered at confirmation)
At all MOs, for Centurions the upgrade is at time of booking, for Plats it's on availability.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by razflyer
At all MOs, for Centurions the upgrade is at time of booking, for Plats it's on availability.

I didn't get this - should I call back in?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by buffcoat
I didn't get this - should I call back in?
If you have a Centurion Card, your upgrade should be offered at the time of booking. However, it is based on availability.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Ritz-Carlton Tokyo

I recently returned from a wonderful 2-night stay at the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo. I had booked the lowest room category, and at check-in I was upgraded to a room on the Club Level with Club access. Being able to enjoy some of their five daily food presentations was definitely a highlight of the stay. I was also given 2 coupons a day for the full breakfast buffet in the western hotel restaurant (normally Y3950 per person+service charge). The additional Plat FHR amenity was a US$100 hotel credit to be used at any of the restaurants or the spa, which was automatically applied to my folio before check-out. I did request a late check-out at check-in, but was told that in that case they would be unable to accommodate my requested room type (king bed). Pleased enough with the upgrade, I declined.

Overall, a fantastic property- the rooms, the views and the service were all excellent. Also nice that the FHR benefits from this stay alone covered my Plat fee for this year.

Last edited by dw; Feb 1, 2009 at 4:19 pm
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Equinox - Manchester Village, VT

Had a minor upgrade from a base room to "Deluxe" however that was probably due to my SPG Platinum status. Was told there were no available suites.

Breakfast was buffet, held in Marsh Tavern. I believe we could have ordered off the menu if we wanted. Tip was included. Also, important to note that breakfast is usually in the Colonade, but it was closed that particular day.

Special amenity was lunch, held in Marsh Tavern. It was unlimited (aside from alcohol), tip was included. Our lunch for 2 was about $80, so that was a nice deal.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Enchantment Resort (Sedona, Arizona)

I just returned from a 2-night stay.
* Reserved a regular room and was upgraded to a junior suite.
* Received vouchers for breakfast, which could be used eith in their restaurants or via room service. Vouchers also covered tax & tip (up to $20 per person).
* The ($85) food/beverage credit was posted upon checkout. The $85 credit also covered tax & tip.
* 4pm checkout offered while checking in (and taken advantage of).

All in all, the hotel handled the FHR program quite well.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Clift Hotel, San Francisco

Clift Hotel, San Francisco. Stayed January 31 for 1 night.

Was upgraded from a standard room to a deluxe room, given a $100 food/beverage credit to be used at their restaurant Asia De Cuba, or for usage at their bar, The Redwood Room, was given a 4PM late checkout, and coupons for a daily continental breakfast for two. No complaints, a wonderful stay and offered everything that I was supposed to receive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.