Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2006-2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2006-2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you can ask FHR reps about what upgrades are in the contract for a specific property.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:51 am

I was told that the upgrades don't apply to the atrium or penthouse suites at that hotel. However, the person I spoke to took my confirmation number (booked directly through the hotel), and said she'd try and modify the reservation (that way I'd at least get the FHR benefits). Unfortunately, she never called me back.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by lmz00
I was told that the upgrades don't apply to the atrium or penthouse suites at that hotel. However, the person I spoke to took my confirmation number (booked directly through the hotel), and said she'd try and modify the reservation (that way I'd at least get the FHR benefits). Unfortunately, she never called me back.
Just keep in mind that you must book via Platinum Travel in order to receive FHR benefits.

Last edited by TAHKUCT; Oct 23, 2008 at 5:20 pm Reason: Fixed typo
Old Sep 18, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
I was also told (in the case of significant difference in FHR rates and direct hotel rates) to book directly and to ask Amex to call the hotel and take over the booking. I did this once and although Amex confirmed the hotel insisted it not to be an FHR booking.
My email from Amex showed all amenities and hotel confirmation number so they gave in - but it was an effort on my part.
Not to be repeated for this specific hotel.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA gold, SPG Plat,
When you receive breakfast credits and lunch credits...

Is that everyday of your stay or just the first one?

4 night stay in chicago with breakfast and lunch credit.
Don't know what to expect?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by newlin99

Generally, breakfast every day, lunch once during your stay.

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Just keep in mind that you must boo via Platinum Travel in order to receive FHR benefits.
BOOOOOOO!!!
Old Sep 19, 2008, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by newlin99

4 night stay in chicago with breakfast and lunch credit.
Don't know what to expect?
Continental breackfast and late check-out are standard amenities at all FHR properties. Then you will get a customized special amenity and at some properties it can be a lunch for 2.

Check out your specific property at www.americanexpress.com/fhr or your FHR brochure.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:42 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Anyone have any FHR experiences with the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Québec City? I'm looking at a 2 nights stay there in January and would appreciate any information.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Just keep in mind that you must boo via Platinum Travel in order to receive FHR benefits.
Is this some sort of special Halloween rate?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by clover
Is this some sort of special Halloween rate?
At least we can have some fun Fixed typo.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:59 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
Fairmont Hotels

We did not stay in the Chateau, but did stay in the Fairmont MacDonald in Edmonton and the Fairmont Lake Louis this past July. The Amex rate was about the same as their on-line rates.

The Macdonald did not seem to know much about the program but after prodding the gal at check-in we did get moved over to the river view side of the property in a fairly nice room. The breakfasts were buffet style and included in the FHR package. The one free meal for two we were able to use late at night more for the servers lack of knowledge of the program than for any other reason.

The Lake Louise property is very beautiful, and we were given a lake view room in the newest section. Again breakfast included and lunch for two to be used at selected venues on the property. Late check out also provided.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: dl pm, *wood gold, amex plat, marriott silver
Ritz : New Orleans

Spent two nights this past weekend. Nice location right on Canal Street. Eventhough I guess I technically booked a king room I had FHR put it in the notes that we needed two beds. When we checked in the apologized but said they only had one king bed rooms left. The desk clerk said he would check with his manager to see if they could give us a second room as a courtesy but my father said a rollaway would be fine. The second night the moved us in to a big room with Two king beds.
In terms of FHR benefits that didnt explain it at first but I confirmed with them it was the late checkout, breakfast for 2 each morning and one lunch. We used the breakfasts but and they were comped at checkout but one morning my father ordered orange juice mimosa which was considered alcoholic so they could not comp it. We didnt have time for lunch but they let us order a few things to go and packed it for us.
Overall nice experience nothing crazy but everything we were entitled to plus the rate was only 199 a night.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:24 pm

THEhotel at Mandalay Bay

No upgrade available at check-in (Friday night) - but front desk clerk immediately mentioned the FHR program and fetched the envelopes. He mentioned that complimentary internet access was also provided as a benefit - bonus!

Breakfast vouchers were used at The Cafe without a problem.

$100 spa credit, deducted at checkout.

4pm checkout was already set up, and no knocks from housekeeping at all! However the room key had stopped working when we tried it around 3:30pm.

Overall a good stay, all staff were pleasant and the room was comfortable. Very pleased about the free internet.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 10:37 pm

Carmel Valley Ranch Resort

Stayed there last weekend on the FHR rate. Booked a one-bedroom suite, got upgraded to a much nicer one - double upgrade I think. At checkin we were told it was one of six of their renovated rooms. Fireplace in each room, very comfortable, full sofa/ lounging area and dining table. We'd stayed there twice before the renovation and now it has a more modern look, which I like but doesn't fit the area. It used to have more of a rustic, lodge feel.

One free breakfast in the restaurant (they charged us for the tip), one free lunch in the clubhouse (they charged us for the alcohol and the tip) and a bottle of wine as a welcome amenity.

One of my favorite things about this hotel is the room service. The food that comes from room service has consistently been among the best I have ever had, even before the renovation and chef-named restaurant. Simple but always perfectly prepared.

For the golfers, we booked the first twilight round at 1 pm. When we reserved, he told us to get there at 12, hit a few balls and maybe we'd get out early. We were on the first tee before 1230 and finished 18 before dark.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:58 am
ljn

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold
Bellagio - Las vegas

Bellgio Las Vegas 29th Oct - 1 night stay
2nd time staying here this year on FHR rate and again all benefits were received.

Had booked Salone suite & got upgraded to lakeview salone suite (in spa tower)
2 Breakfast vouchers worth $20 each
$100 spa credit or $85 (I think) lunch at Sensi
4pm check out - offered and used.

Again upon checkin I was given an envelope with welcome note & all vouchers & check in staff talked me through all benefits.

When booking amex had mentioned to the hotel this trip was to celebrate a special occassion & a box of chocolate truffle were delivered to the room along with a congrats note from the hotel - Nice touch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.