Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2006-2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2006-2012

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
And even when you book through Amex you don't automatically get FHR. The hotels have a limited number of FHR rooms and for special events there are no FHR rooms. I have an upcoming stay at the FS SIN and even though it is an FHR hotel, they have no FHR rooms available during my stay.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Four Season Provence:

Upgrade from Premier Executive Suite (the best standard room) to a Deluxe One-Bed Villa. Suite was Euro 500, villa was c Euro 800.

FHR rate is Euro 45 per night lower than the B&B rate on the FS website, and include Euro 80 of spa credit.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Bulgari Hotel Milano

We booked a room at the Bulgari Hotel in Milano (Italy) through CTS and got a confirmed upgrade to a Deluxe room with free breakfast. The Centurion amenity was a free lunch which was a "a la carte" lunch excluding beverages.
We did not get upgraded at check-in but the CTS was an overall good value.

We paid Euro 560/night for a deluxe room with breakfast, one free lunch, late check-out and a departure gift (a 10 cc eau de parfum bulgary perfume). The rack rate for a superior room (cheapest room without breakfast) was 560...

Staff was nice and helpful and the hotel is perfect for those who like contemporary properties...
Old May 8, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
bump...
Old May 8, 2006, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chewton Glen, Hampshire, UK

No room upgrade, but saved GBP 40 per night on the web rate, free breakfast was worth GBP 40 per day for a couple, and we got a free lunch for 2 as the amenity (value GBP 24.50 per person). Repaid my annual Plat fee in one 3-night stay!
Old May 9, 2006, 9:15 am
yep

Programs: PC Plat RA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Experiences with FHR

Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort (North Miami Beach, FL)
(was a Mandarian Oriental property without branding before)

booked standard room - got a junior suite with small kitchenette
amenities:
- spa credit $100
- buffet breakfast (as usual)
- a teddy bear for my 2 year old
- fruit basket / water

Has anyone experiences with the following resorts:
- Four Seasons Jackson Hole, WY (2 night stay in June, $225/n)
- Four Seasons Boston, MA (4 night stay in June, $425/n)
- Villas at Grand Cypress, FL (8 night stay in June/July, $161/n)
I booked the cheapest room available at each property.
I am specially interested in the Villas because I booked a standard Club Suite Villa which is basically a big room with no kitchen. The next room category will be a one bedroom apartment and I count on it

yep
Old May 10, 2006, 4:48 pm

Ones I recall:

FS Boston: Upgraded to Park View Room; Amenity - Free Lunch
MO NYC: Upgraded room category (higher floor); Amenity - Free Lunch
Shutters on the Beach (Sta Monica): Upgraded to full ocean view room; Amenity - Spa or Gift Shop Credit
Casa Del Mar (Sta Monica): Upgraded to ocean view (diagonal); Amenity - Spa or Gift Shop Credit
Il Palazzo at the Bauer (Venice): Upgraded to direct view of Grand Canal; Amenity - Free Lunch
RC Phoenix: Upgrade to view room (of mountains); Amenity - Free Lunch
Kea Lani (Maui): Upgraded from partial ocean view to full ocean view (but far away from ocean); Amenity - Free Lunch
Bellagio: Upgraded to "mini suite" actually a large corner room; Amenity - Spa Credit (didn't use)

Also - the breakfast at each place was either continental breakfast or equal credit to regular breakfast. At every place I was happy with this Except: Kea Lani - the continental breakfast was about $20 on the menu, but the credit was only $10. I felt that at this hotel the offer was an attempt to get you in for the full buffet. We hate buffets. I wanted to order off the menu and felt the interpretation of the FHR benefit at this property was disingenuous.
Old May 10, 2006, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MO KUL
Last stay I was upgraded to a very nice executive park suite but no Club. This time I didn't get a suite, but I got a nice Club room on the Club floor. But nothing about FHR free breakfasts. That doesn't really matter since I have the Club breakfast, but still. Check in was handled very poorly. This is a nice hotel, but probably the worst MO in the chain.
Old May 11, 2006, 4:56 pm

Recently returned from visit to Las Vegas with wife. Stayed at RC Lake Las Vegas. Received upgrade from "resort view" category room to a deluxe "lake view" room with balcony. Enjoyed the $100 spa credit and received a generous $38 allowance toward breakfast. Then, moved to the Bellagio, where we received a very nice, large room on the "suites" (key access) level of the new spa tower. Amenity was no longer the fruit basket; instead, it was a $25 coupon to use in the spa store. Breakfast was rather cheap IMHO; only allowed a continental breakfast at a few locations. Nice room but relatively chintzy allowances.
Old May 17, 2006, 3:19 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
MO KUL
Last stay I was upgraded to a very nice executive park suite but no Club. This time I didn't get a suite, but I got a nice Club room on the Club floor. But nothing about FHR free breakfasts. That doesn't really matter since I have the Club breakfast, but still. Check in was handled very poorly. This is a nice hotel, but probably the worst MO in the chain.
Yikes, I'n staying there tomorrow! What do you mean "probably the worst MO in the chain...?". The Manila MO is pretty awful, unlike the Shangri-La which is excellent.
Old May 17, 2006, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by razflyer
Yikes, I'n staying there tomorrow! What do you mean "probably the worst MO in the chain...?". The Manila MO is pretty awful, unlike the Shangri-La which is excellent.
I haven't tried the Manila MO yet. The KL MO has a great location and it is a nice hotel. It's just not as nice as SIN, BKK, HKG, etc. Take special care with check-in and make sure it is all correct. They are 0-2 with me with really lousy service at check in.
Old May 19, 2006, 9:41 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
The KL MO has a great location and it is a nice hotel. It's just not as nice as SIN, BKK, HKG, etc. Take special care with check-in and make sure it is all correct. They are 0-2 with me with really lousy service at check in.
I'm at the MO KL and it's been great, from the excellent check-in at the Club lounge through to the FHR benefits:
- upgrade to large Club room with a perfect view of Petronas Towers
- lounge access
- breakfast
- afternoon tea
- 5 items of dry cleaning per day
- personalised notepaper, note from GM, free gift (nice shoe bag)

...all for 850MYR (about £150) for 2 nights under the Centurion 2-1 MO benefit. The service has been excellent throughout.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:17 am

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
Hilton Hawaiian Village Alii Tower

Just came back from a 3 night stay. As usual I booked the least expensive room through PTS ($223/night Alii garden view) and as usual was upgraded to a full ocean view on the 7th floor overlooking the Fort Derussy Park and with a full sand/water view. I also received lunch for 2 at the Rainbow Lanai, continental breakfast buffet daily and was offered a 4pm late check-out but didn't need it. This is one of FHRs best deals.
Old May 28, 2006, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ritz Carlton Berlin

Paid same as the internet room-only rate for a junior suite. Free breakfast is worth Euro 56 for a couple, the free lunch amenity is worth Euro 60 for a couple (the brasserie is quite cheap!). Got 4pm check-out but no upgrade - hotel is showing full online, though.
Old May 30, 2006, 7:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Abassador Gold, Fly BMI,Starwood Gold, Hilton Honours
FHR Upgrades

Four Seasons Sydney:

Booked standard room, on arrival got upgraded to suite on the top floor. Free continental breakfast, and $100 spa credit. Spa credit was of no use as slots for massage only seamed to be available during certain times during the daytime, and evening slots were non existant

The George Christchurch:

Booked standard room, on arrival upgraded to suite, free continental breakfast, no ammenity. Nice hotel but very noisy.

Venitian Las Vegas:

Booked Piazza suite, no upgrade offered as hotel was full! Complimentary breakfast and free entry to spa club. We were however on the club floor(not sure if it was a room perk or upgrade), but you could have breakfast in the room at no cost at any time of the day which was fantastic..trust me you wont get to bed before 4am. complimentary afternoon tea served between 1pm-4pm. Complimentary drinks and canopes between 5pm-7pm. Also soft drinks plus water free in club lounge.

Amazing hotel..worth the money plus some!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.