Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

FF programs to which you can transfer MR points within 24 hours? (ie. Delta Skymiles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FF programs to which you can transfer MR points within 24 hours? (ie. Delta Skymiles)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2007, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

FTers,

Does anybody know any FF programs other than Delta Skymiles to which transfers from MR take place within 24 hours? With Delta it virtually instant.

I often end up booking award tickets via Delta only because I can transfer my points there quickly if I find availability. I'm wondering which other airlines it would also be reasonable to check.

Thanks
Ron
Old May 26, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
CO and Aeroplan also transfer instantly and I've actually done the transfer while on the phone with the respective airline making reward reservations.

As far as airlines that definetly do not transfer immediately, ANA is the only one that I am sure will not, even for Centurion-linked cards. I tried to have AMEX push the transfer through and they refused.
Old May 26, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
VS also appears pretty much instantly - about 5 minutes after you click the button on the website.
Old May 26, 2007, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what are the times like for NH and SQ?
Old May 26, 2007, 3:01 pm

Hawaiian transfers from MR are instantaneous.
Old May 30, 2007, 4:24 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
My experience is the same-

Delta , Virgin and Hawaiian are almost instantaneous.

Air France is the tough one. They won't hold a reservation until the miles are in your account and it takes several days at best.

I have no idea why.
Old May 30, 2007, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they dont want to deal with people who have to transfer miles first, i can KIND of understand, but i would think it would be smarter to just restrict hotel/etc people and green/gold cardholders and not plat/cent cardholders.
Old May 30, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
they dont want to deal with people who have to transfer miles first, i can KIND of understand, but i would think it would be smarter to just restrict hotel/etc people and green/gold cardholders and not plat/cent cardholders.
Right, they should do all that they can to discourage the riffraff (non-"plat/cent cardholders") who pay extra for the privilege of accumulating MR points.
Old May 30, 2007, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice job mischaracterizing my comment.

centurion are very few in number compared to open groups, and represent a demographic that AF would want as clients.
Old May 30, 2007, 8:24 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
Air France is the tough one. They won't hold a reservation until the miles are in your account and it takes several days at best....I have no idea why.
If you mean you have no idea why they will not hold a reservation, it does make sense to me that a airline would prefer to keep award seats open for their own flyers rather than set them aside for "partner" members, but it also seems that American Express (or Diners Club in their case) should have some influence.

On the offchance you mean why the transfer is not instantaneous I point out that Flying Blue recently joined the USA version of Membership Rewards and IT takes time.
Old May 30, 2007, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they dont even let you search availability mia

hmm hopefully youre right about speed improving

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.