Credit limit is in the process of being lowered???

Old Feb 23, 2007, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air Chairman's Preffered/Hertz President's Circle
Credit limit is in the process of being lowered???

My brother tried to check in to a hotel today in New York, his card was declined. When I called American Express the customer service representative in India advised me the credit limit was in the process of being lowered. She then advised me I needed to speak to another department regarding this, she provided me with the phone number and transferred me.

Another customer service representative picked up and advised me the same information, but it was "impossible" for her to provide with any details as she had no idea what the reasons why the credit limit was being lowered and she did not want to give me any "false" information.

When logging into my account my credit limit and my available credit limit are the same. My brother was able to check in using his American Express Gold Card......I have never heard of this happening. He has never had any late payments with any of his creditors or bad history with any of them at that.

He had not used his Platinum Optima card in a very long time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have no idea what to expect?????
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by vmrfsps
My brother tried to check in to a hotel today in New York, his card was declined. When I called American Express the customer service representative in India advised me the credit limit was in the process of being lowered. She then advised me I needed to speak to another department regarding this, she provided me with the phone number and transferred me.

Another customer service representative picked up and advised me the same information, but it was "impossible" for her to provide with any details as she had no idea what the reasons why the credit limit was being lowered and she did not want to give me any "false" information.

When logging into my account my credit limit and my available credit limit are the same. My brother was able to check in using his American Express Gold Card......I have never heard of this happening. He has never had any late payments with any of his creditors or bad history with any of them at that.

He had not used his Platinum Optima card in a very long time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have no idea what to expect?????
Maybe the dreaded Financial Review? I have no idea how that works or how one is notified, but it sounds like it could be a possible explanation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.