Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a US citizen apply for a UK credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by captainflyer
Has anyone reserved a OneWorld rtw before with BA before in the US? AA was no help and told me that i would have to pay the US price (over $1000 USD higher than UK fare) if i wanted to pay in US.

So you think if the reservation was made in UK then it would be a different story? I'll give it a shot.

Thanks
As a relative newcomer to FT, you may not have studied the OneWorld forum which contains full details on booking RTW tickets. There are plenty of places a LOT cheaper than the UK that can ticket these, most of which are only a short budget plane ride away from the UK.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 7:18 am

UK/EU-based TA should do better than having to open a bank account without residency. You can open a bank account in UK (not illegal in USA as long as you declare it on your Tax Return but may be iffy under UK law) but it is a major pain. Putting a line of credit on top is stretching it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.