FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   New transfer partners: Flying Blue and SQ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/609693-new-transfer-partners-flying-blue-sq.html)

mikeinseattle Oct 5, 2006 11:09 pm

New transfer partners: Flying Blue and SQ?

www.membershiprewards.com list these two airlines as 1000 point redemption, typically reserved for transfer partners. Has anyone heard rumours of these 2 carriers joining membership rewards as transfer partners?

Mike

Brobbel Oct 6, 2006 12:06 am

Originally Posted by mikeinseattle
www.membershiprewards.com list these two airlines as 1000 point redemption, typically reserved for transfer partners. Has anyone heard rumours of these 2 carriers joining membership rewards as transfer partners?

Mike

In Europe FB was already transfer partner for quite some time.

Kagehitokiri Oct 6, 2006 12:31 am

They are new for USA. We still need OW. :(

kuroneko Oct 6, 2006 3:29 pm

I don't see it..

I'm not seeing that on the website. The only thing that comes up for me at that website are Air France companion ticket redemptions, no 1000 point transfer awards--something that has been available for a while now. :confused: Where are y'all getting this info?

Otherwise, it'd be great if it were true. ^

Kagehitokiri Oct 6, 2006 3:32 pm

well, they WERE there, now they are not..

i hope that they ARE being added and for some reason they were put on the website early, so they just took them off for the moment, and will have some kind of public announcement or something soon..

Brobbel Oct 6, 2006 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
They are new for USA. We still need OW. :(

You''re right, but I mean that they are already partners in some countries, so it should be easy for them to extend that.

Kagehitokiri Oct 6, 2006 10:15 pm

they haven't... there must be contract issues.

chuckb Oct 10, 2006 3:29 pm

I would just like to see them keep the ones they got. Was sorry to see US Air go away......

Kagehitokiri Oct 10, 2006 7:46 pm

Yeah, after seeing NH's extensive partner list, I'm happy with the current state of MR

PimpNumOne Oct 10, 2006 9:14 pm

SQ? Does anyone see SQ as a AmEx transfer partner for USA members?

Kagehitokiri Oct 10, 2006 10:56 pm

it DID appear on the website when OP was made.

it is now GONE.

no idea why.

PimpNumOne Oct 11, 2006 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
it DID appear on the website when OP was made.

it is now GONE.

no idea why.

Hmm. Thats odd. Would be kick arse to use MR point with SQ directly...

mia Dec 2, 2006 12:58 am

I now see Flying Blue listed as a Membership Rewards (USA) mileage transfer partner on MembershipRewards.com, but not SQ. Flying Blue is not an exclusive partner for Membersip Rewards First, the program is also listed for a Rewards Plus Gold account.

Kagehitokiri Dec 2, 2006 12:59 am

let's hope it stays and SQ follows!

JohnAx Dec 2, 2006 11:10 am

Originally Posted by PimpNumOne (Post 6515275)
Hmm. Thats odd. Would be kick arse to use MR point with SQ directly...

What's the disadvantage of gettting there via Delta?