Authorized user with no SSN?

Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by best
Any info if you would like to add new AU who is non US citizen and does not have SS#?
I also have a question...what about Barclay cards? (ie. Barclays Arrival+)
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:18 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wildchartermage
...what about Barclay cards? (ie. Barclays Arrival+)
Ask here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l-credits.html
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by best
Any info if you would like to add new AU who is non US citizen and does not have SS#?
They'll ask for green card number or foreign driver license number. As you can see, American Express really tries to make your life harder.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Did this today with my non US-resident spouse...did it over the online support chat...they asked for her SSN I said I had none...they took her non-US driver license # as an identifier and that's all...should have the card in 7-10 says.

Cheers.

-J.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:53 pm

I just activated an amex SPG business card for an employee that does not have a ssn by using my own ssn, over the automated activation line. Card is working fine.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:48 am

Applied for the platinum card in June, added my mom as an AU on my account AT THE TIME of the app. I skipped over the part where they asked for SSN. Card came with mine and works fine. They sent me an email two days ago like please add your AU's SSN. I ignored. I pay in full (clearly) no need to report that to someone else's credit report.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:13 am

Runaround of the new Amex Employee Card rule?

Has anyone found a runaround of the new Amex Employee Card rule about being required to submit the new cardmembers social security number and birthdate when calling in for activation? Of course I tried to activate online but it said I must call. It's not that I cannot give the SS # of my employees, I/they would just rather not.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:15 pm

Yes

Yes, I was able to add a person with no SS via chat room yesterday.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:30 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by SDBK
... required to submit the new cardmembers social security number and birthdate when calling in for activation?
Originally Posted by nessie972
Yes, I was able to add a person with no SS via chat room yesterday.
Welcome to Flyertalk. I believe SDBY asking about activating the cards without providing a Social Security number, rather than requesting them.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:08 pm

Request for SSN of AU

I keep getting letters and emails about providing the SSN for an AU on a business card. I have not provided it since I can not see any advantage to giving it to them. I do not want the AU to be listed on any credit report that other banks would see or in AMEX's decisions to approve the AU for any future cards as the primary applicant.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to providing/not providing the SSN?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is part of most financial institution's standard AML and risk management procedures.

It's not a question of advantage/disadvantage, but rather whether Amex and then other financial institutions evaluate your business and then you as worth the AML risk. If not, maybe they revoke the AU, shut down the business card, or other relationships with you and file a SAR.

The lack of the SSN alone isn't going to stop Amex and the credit reporting agencies from matching the AU for future decisions, but it increases the error rate and that's why the SSN is important.

Not sure you're helping yourself or the AU.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
If you are choosing NOT to provide any and all information that Amex requires to keep the card open, you might as well just cut it up and apply for another card of your liking.

T&C's, I Am sure states that you will comply with all of their requests for information and updates as requested by them.

If that is a challenge for you, then give it back and not worry about providing that info...

Good luck with any decision you choose to make about this.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:27 pm

If your AU has stiffed amex in the past I would hesitate providing a SSN. In the past that was a deal breaker.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:34 am
mia

Originally Posted by mileshound
... I do not want the AU to be listed on any credit report that other banks would see ...
American Express does not report business cards to consumer credit bureaus, except in the event of default.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:33 pm

I'm curious about those of you who added AU's over chat: Did they ask for DoB on your AUs?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.