Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by asar
They changed the rules in Mexico too. You can only use it with a departing flight.
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
That's a good thing, because their lounge in Terminal 2 has lines going down the stairs, and of course Centurion members have their own line, so they go first. I can't imagine folks landing in MEX having access to these lounges now. Aeromexico's lounge is always pretty full too even upstairs in the afternoon/evenings.
Thank you both for the info. That's a bummer. Too bad I'm only a lowly Platinum card member and not a Centurion card holder that would get me into the lounge regardless.

And to Global Adventurer , yes, I do agree. I think overcrowding at lounges is definitely a bad thing. While it would be nice to have access upon arrival, the lounges should be a relatively tranquil place where members don't have to wait long or be denied access due to high capacity. In my opinion (strictly from observation and without data behind it), I think that a significant number of people used the lounges after landing to hang out at the bar and get wasted. I've seen it at the MIA lounge and IAH lounges with people who were way too loud and obnoxious after too many drinks. This is why we can't (always) have nice things.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:49 am
Suspended

That's a good thing, because their lounge in Terminal 2 has lines going down the stairs, and of course Centurion members have their own line, so they go first. I can't imagine folks landing in MEX having access to these lounges now. Aeromexico's lounge is always pretty full too even upstairs in the afternoon/evenings.
The whole MEX airport is overcrowded and space is scarce, with dirty walls, temporary boarded dividers, taped wires...etc. It is not a nice place to spend any more time there than absolutely required. I can not imagine myself wanting to go a lounge there and spend time there on arrival. Unless the immigration line is extremely long, but they don't allow anybody to hang around after you deplane anyway.

Last edited by Mama; Sep 22, 2021 at 3:47 am
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Mama
The whole MEX airport is overcrowded and space is scarce, with dirty walls, temporary boarded dividers, taped wires...etc. It is not a nice place to spend any more time there than absolutely required. I can not imagine myself wanting to go a lounge there and spend time there on arrival. Unless the immigration line is extremely long, but they don't allow anybody to hang around after you deplane anyway.
All the lounges I've been to in Mexico City Airport are absolutely fine, and very clean. Have you ever looked at LAX airport? They've been remodeling that airport and still looks like crap compared to many other airports around the US. But, when I go to LAX I only go to Delta lounge which is always nice and clean. I don't base a lounge on how the airport looks. Mexico City airport was in the process of being moved, and the president decided to leave it as is, so they're trying to renovate and renew it while it's still under operation. Regardless, the restaurants, bars and lounges are absolutely fine.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by 1999driver
Thank you both for the info. That's a bummer. Too bad I'm only a lowly Platinum card member and not a Centurion card holder that would get me into the lounge regardless.

And to Global Adventurer , yes, I do agree. I think overcrowding at lounges is definitely a bad thing. While it would be nice to have access upon arrival, the lounges should be a relatively tranquil place where members don't have to wait long or be denied access due to high capacity. In my opinion (strictly from observation and without data behind it), I think that a significant number of people used the lounges after landing to hang out at the bar and get wasted. I've seen it at the MIA lounge and IAH lounges with people who were way too loud and obnoxious after too many drinks. This is why we can't (always) have nice things.
Amex lounges have a time limit of 3 hours I believe also. So, do many other lounges around the world to keep the crowding down and people from having their own little get-together parties.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 1999driver
While it would be nice to have access upon arrival, the lounges should be a relatively tranquil place where members don't have to wait long or be denied access due to high capacity.
Totally, but there's a few tranquil spots in the airport. La Mansión, in T1 and T2, is a good steakhouse and keenly priced by US standards. Also try the restaurants at the Hilton in International Arrivals of T1 or the NH at T2.

But I agree that with the airport so close to the city, I almost always just want to head straight home!!

Re. Centurion Lounge crowding, I was very happy to walk straight in at T1 Intl Departures pre-security last Wednesday at 10am. It's hit and miss these days!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:40 pm

Re. Centurion Lounge crowding, I was very happy to walk straight in at T1 Intl Departures pre-security last Wednesday at 10am. It's hit and miss these days!
Wow! you were lucky! I'll be in T1 in 2 months, maybe I should try it too
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:18 pm

Totally, but there's a few tranquil spots in the airport. La Mansión, in T1 and T2, is a good steakhouse and keenly priced by US standards. Also try the restaurants at the Hilton in International Arrivals of T1 or the NH at T2.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't know that the NH Hotel was connected to the terminal. The first time I stayed at a NH hotel was in CDMX Centro Historico. Their breakfast was pretty good. Reasonably priced and with a much better selection than the junk we get at most US hotels of the same level.

If you try it, be sure to let us know how it goes!
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I really like the MEX T1 domestic club vs. the one in T2. The breakfast menu is the same, but its a much warmer/homier feeling space. The staff are great too, they keep bringing me margaritas. I wasn't going to have another one, but they just brought it without asking. The red chilaquiles and fruit for breakfast were pretty good. Think I like the red ones here more than the green.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:06 am
Suspended

T1 and T2 at MEX are totally seperate.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I really like the MEX T1 domestic club vs. the one in T2. The breakfast menu is the same, but its a much warmer/homier feeling space. The staff are great too, they keep bringing me margaritas. I wasn't going to have another one, but they just brought it without asking. The red chilaquiles and fruit for breakfast were pretty good. Think I like the red ones here more than the green.
I routinely fly either AeroMexico or Delta and always use T2 and only been to the Centurion lounge there. However, next month will be my first flight out of T2, so I'll definitely be checking out the amex lounge there too. The other one isn't really up to my liking, and most time I just go to Salon Premiere lounge.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:00 am

Will be flying out of T2 next month on the Sunday of Our Lady of Guadalupe Day around 2-230p. Is that day/time likely to be slammed at the lounge? At what point would people say "this line is too long" at the Centurion and make their way to the AeroMexico Salon Prem Int or Heineken Lounge?

(essentially, how much better is the Cent that you would wait in line for it over no line at the other lounges?)
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Will be flying out of T2 next month on the Sunday of Our Lady of Guadalupe Day around 2-230p. Is that day/time likely to be slammed at the lounge? At what point would people say "this line is too long" at the Centurion and make their way to the AeroMexico Salon Prem Int or Heineken Lounge?

(essentially, how much better is the Cent that you would wait in line for it over no line at the other lounges?)
I haven't been to the Heineken lounge in terminal 2, but I have visited both the Centurion and AeroMexico lounges. I would say the hot food is better at the Centurion lounge since they serve it restaurant style. The options of what you get complimentary are limited, but it was still good.

The AeroMexico lounge had a larger selection of drinks and snacks and felt more spacious. The coffee options are also better since they have an actual coffee bar. This is based on my visit in August 2019, so I have no idea how it is now with COVID restrictions.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair

It's always slammed and during that day I'm sure no exception. It's just not very comfortable there as it seems to be a lounge now (since covid), that you go in eat and leave. Everything is rush rush rush. I don't go there anymore. I just go to Aeromexico's lounge. Good luck.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Lucky??? I have been there 3 times in the last two months, and the Centurion Lounge in T1 post security has always been half full. Amazing service, great complimentary 3 course meals with perfect portions. Plus the amazing Booz, makes it a no brainer. Always traveling USA-MEX-PVR with a stop at MEX for a couple days and then at PVR for a couple days too; and MEX Centurion Lounge at T1 (sorry for the guys that fly out of T2 ) is amazing and never full during peek times. And they also have one pre TSA !!!
So worth every penny of my USA Platinum Card grandfathered @ $550 a year vs the $1,000 USD they charge my Mexican friends LOL, plus all the perks that offset that annual fee in the USA, which Mexicans do not enjoy.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by carlitos
Lucky??? I have been there 3 times in the last two months, and the Centurion Lounge in T1 post security has always been half full. Amazing service, great complimentary 3 course meals with perfect portions. Plus the amazing Booz, makes it a no brainer. Always traveling USA-MEX-PVR with a stop at MEX for a couple days and then at PVR for a couple days too; and MEX Centurion Lounge at T1 (sorry for the guys that fly out of T2 ) is amazing and never full during peek times. And they also have one pre TSA !!!
So worth every penny of my USA Platinum Card grandfathered @ $550 a year vs the $1,000 USD they charge my Mexican friends LOL, plus all the perks that offset that annual fee in the USA, which Mexicans do not enjoy.
This weekend will be my first time in Terminal 1. Can't wait until I check out the centurion lounge there. Yes, T2 sucks☹️
imnotalawyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.