Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Either user or staff error in that case. As well documented in this thread, Platinum card holders get a limited selection of stuff for free. I think the menu might have an * next to the stuff that's for free, I don't remember. They should always tell you verbally what the menu del dia is for Plats, which has always been the case in my far too numerous visits over the years. I suppose I'm somewhat of a glutton for punishment that I fly Mexican Delta as much as I do.

All the drinks are free, which I've never quite understood, along side the paid food concept. The T1 lounge is usually pretty crowded. It's small and T1 itself is a mess with the never ending construction, there's really no good place to wait for your flight aside from the lounges.
Yeah, it wasn't well explained - I read that certain members got vouchers when you entered but I wasn't given anything. I had no idea and have never been charged for a meal at a lounge so it was all a bit odd and not a good experience
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Correct. There is a link to the menu in THIS post:
Yeah, this is the menu we got...though its not entirely clear if the menu item is free for all people in party? Or just the Platinum card holder? Either way, the lounge was not very comfortable and was pretty crowded. We got comfy chairs, some beers and a free meal at the Lounge 19 around the corner
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
You don't get a voucher. You just get a bill with zeroes for all the food and are allowed to order starter, main and dessert for each person in your party if you entered using a standard Platinum Amex. The drinks are free for all people in the lounge, except for certain upgrades (e.g., champagne). The included wines are the best I've ever had at a lounge, I'm partial to the albariño.
@jamesinclair - no more Gold card access since 2019 I'm afraid. The cards allowed are:
- Vanilla Amex Plat issued anywhere
- Centurion (gets its own mini room and all the food is free)
- Amex Aeromexico Platinum charge card (gets no food but free drinks)
Statman and jamesinclair like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:56 am

I'll be at Mexico City T2 next week and just checked the menu that was posted earlier (https://www.americanexpress.com/mx/b...u/mexico-city/). It now states: "All dishes are complimentary for The Centurion Card® from American Express and The Platinum Card® American Express." That seems to have changed. Can anyone confirm? And are there better lounges than the Centurion in T2? Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by omxfl
I'll be at Mexico City T2 next week and just checked the menu that was posted earlier (https://www.americanexpress.com/mx/b...u/mexico-city/). It now states: "All dishes are complimentary for The Centurion Card® from American Express and The Platinum Card® American Express." That seems to have changed. Can anyone confirm? And are there better lounges than the Centurion in T2? Thanks!
I think it depends on the traveler. I don't like any of the Amex lounges at MEX airport. Some people rave about them. I personally like Aeromexico's lounge. It's just my preference. I like the fact you can easily grab snacks and beer and don't have to order anything. They have upstairs and downstairs and at least it's open ventilation and not inside a stuffy room. T1 Amex is even worse feels like a dungeon. I don't go to lounges based on food choices. I go based on comfort because I'm there at least 3 hours most times. Anyway, hope you get other suggestions.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:57 am

I'm currently in the T2 Centurion lounge. Menu is here:
https://www.americanexpress.com/mx/b...h/mexico-city/
Food and drinks are free to US Platinum card holders and above. There was no queue whatsoever to get in around 11:30am.
Seating is over two levels and doesn't feel stuffy.
But we had to ask to find it as there is no signage anywhere in the terminal. It's on the way to gates 58/59?+. If you look up to your right you'll see it.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
I was there last week and was told that we needed to pay for food and only drinks were free. Left and went back to the United Club, which was empty and had the usual fare plus much better service.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
I was there last week and was told that we needed to pay for food and only drinks were free. Left and went back to the United Club, which was empty and had the usual fare plus much better service.
I've been told that but they have a small set meal for Amex Plat members. They don't always make that clear. I personally don't like Amex lounges.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
Wow, this a first for me, as I am a very heavy user of the MEX Centurion Lounges with my US Personal Platinum card. Always have I had a $0 bill to sign where I usually put a $200 pesos bill for amazing service/tip. It has been 1 month since my last visit, but planning to use it next week for a visit to the city while returning on Untied to IAH.

I have even had the server ask me if I want a second round of complimentary "Tacos de Arrachera", which are insane!!! Adding to that, the open bar is a no brainer, even if it feels cramped in the T1 airside Centurion Lounge. Just can't beat the food and beverage of the Centurion with any other Priority Pass Lounge at MEX.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 12:01 pm

Have an overnight layover in MEX. Staying in the T2 hotel and hoping to use the T2 Cent on arrival (dinner) and departure (breakfast).
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Centurion Member Lounge Mexico City Airport Terminal 1 International Departures

Locating this lounge is not helped by the widely published but ultimately useless directions "between gate 8 and F1, beside Flap's restaurant".

As I write, it's located landside, directly opposite the Santander bank, between Departures Hall G and the Urban Corner restaurant, on the same level as departures. If you're looking directly at Santander, it's right behind you.

I happen to be staying at the nearly adjacent Hilton Hotel (a dismal dungeon, but that's another story), maybe 100 yards away but two floors up, and have a flight departing today at 22:00, but have about 14 hours to kill.

As a Centurion member (as opposed to Platinum), you're allowed to use the lounge all day, as long as it's on the same day as your boarding card: this is useful to know if you have a later flight but have been kicked out of your hotel at around midday. (I booked the Hilton for an extra night not knowing about this all day feature available to Centurion members).

ISTBC, but believe there's a four hour restriction for other users: the exact terms of the limitation may have been lost in translation when I asked the question!

Had I realised how close the lounge is to the Hilton, I wouldn't have bothered with the McDonalds I endured at 5am this morning.

It's open from 0500 until 2300. Having copious amounts of tie on my hands, I briefly went in for a nose at 08:00, and was directed to the left side, which is the Centurion member lounge: it's completely separated from the other lounge(s) to the right.

There are no prices on the menus, so I guess F&B are all gratis in the Centurion member lounge at any rate: I'd be a bit miffed it wasn't TBH.

It has a clubby feel, but there was nobody else in there when I just wondered in. There are no outside views.

A quick look next door at the other lounge showed it to be only at about 5%-10% capacity.

On first impressions, it looks to be one of the better Centurion member spaces, with multiple seating options, although of note is that there's no seating at the bar. Other spaces like at LHR T3 or HKG aren't particularly inviting.

I didn't stay more than five minutes, just to stake out the joint for future reference later on in the day & to take some pics. I'll probably pop in later today for lunch and/or dinner.

Hall G Departures and the Santander bank. From this point look to your left.

It's just to the left of Hall G departures

Here it is, between the Urban Corner restaurant and Hall G departures.

Getting warmer....

Finally, you're almost there...

Centurion member lounge on entry, the bar is at the far end

Clubby feel

View of the Centurion member lounge from the bar

Bar

Bar closeup

Brekkie in Spanish

Brekkie for us gringos.
DMSFCA, Statman and dtwlarry like this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Fantastic write up!

i've been there a number of times I don't think I've ever seen more than five people on the centurion side.

Yes, all the food at least on that side is free. I was there eight hours once during a flight issue. I think I ate all three meals they were that day.. The drinks were quite good too but it is a bummer there's no bar seating.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question

For some reason, I thought that visitors to the club had to pay for food and beverages--aside from maybe a coffee. Did something recently change? In the photo of the menu above, are all the items free for regular AMEX PLAT card holders (not Centurion)? The fine print at the bottom says that there's a separate free menu for different card holders -- but also says that "All dishes are complimentary for The Centurion Card AMEX and The Platinum Card AMEX."

Can anyone help clarify? (I've got like a 5.5 hour layover in MEX coming up and it would be nice to be able to relax in a quiet space with a coffee and a meal.)
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
For some reason, I thought that visitors to the club had to pay for food and beverages
You may find this page helpful: https://www.americanexpress.com/mx/b...u/mexico-city/
UVAhoo06 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Excellent! Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.