Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Interesting post and good pics. It's hard to tell for sure, but I have to say it looks a bit austere to the point of appearing almost a bit Mickey Mouse (especially the lounge picture). It is actually reminiscent of my company staff room.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:46 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its here:
https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...clubaccess.jsp

The MEX Cent club used to be listed there... now it just shows the CO club location...

Is there any other Cent/Plat club/lounge in the world other than MEX?
There is also on in GDL I posted a while back. I don't think thats even listed on the Cent site. Wouldn't know since im only a Plat Theres a few more, if I recall one in VIE, in Dubai, and a few others. there is a link somewhere in the AMEX forum for the list. GDL one was nice (no massages though). And I think those are the only 2 in Mexico.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
When you get down, restrooms are to the left and right in front of you is a new thing.. massages! You can come in, and get a free 15min massage.
Centurion members get happy endings.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by jason8612
There is also on in GDL I posted a while back. I don't think thats even listed on the Cent site. Wouldn't know since im only a Plat Theres a few more, if I recall one in VIE, in Dubai, and a few others. there is a link somewhere in the AMEX forum for the list. GDL one was nice (no massages though). And I think those are the only 2 in Mexico.
I was in GDL 9/06 and couldn't find any. Same for DXB in 7/06.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I was in GDL 9/06 and couldn't find any. Same for DXB in 7/06.
It was on the international part. If I remember, you turn left when you get up, and head like your heading towards the starbucks in the main hall. right before you get to the main hall, right hand side is the lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 7:00 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...+gru+centurion

I was in the DXB lounge 2 weeks ago and there was a sign stating that access was only available to middle east card holders.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I had read about the GDL one and went looking for it all over the place on the domestic side. I guess that explains it.

DXB: checked at all lounges if they let in Amex Plats. Nada.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8800: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I did a while back a review and photos of the old amex lounge near gate 19 and the new one near gate 32. Going through MEX today I see they opened up a new one on the ground floor near the elevators to the old one by gate 19. To get there there is a pathway across gate 23. The lounge has the plat and black entrance allowance. Looks like the usual snacks of sandwiches and booze but there is also a world travel lounge next door. Laptops and xbox 360 and seems to be reps to help you. No time for photos though but it looked a lot quieter than the one near the 32gate.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:59 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Is this lounge still open? Is it better than the other Priority Pass or Amex Plat/Cent options if flying Delta or AeroMexico?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by b8b
Is this lounge still open? Is it better than the other Priority Pass or Amex Plat/Cent options if flying Delta or AeroMexico?

Thanks!
This looks like the updated link: http://www.americanexpress.com/lacid...plounges.shtml

Moreover, simply by showing The Platinum Card®, you will have access to the following American Express VIP lounges
  • Mexico - Mexico City - Centurion Club
  • Argentina - Buenos Aires - Salón Centurion
  • Brazil - São Paulo - Centurión Club
  • India- Delhi- Centurion Club
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
MEX

This lounge is excellent - last time I went it was very crowded. Getting to it is like climbing up the steps of a Mexican pyramid - it is 2-3 stories up and all steps....
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Amex Platinum Lounge at Mexico City airport

Two caveats: I am not sure if this belongs in the Amex forum and I tried to find this information by searching but was unsuccessful. Please feel free to move this to the right place and/or provide a link to where this was earlier discussed.

I sometimes have AA flights out of MEX that leave at gates 31 and 30. I usually stop off at the AAdvantage Lounge but today I wanted to try the Amex Platinum Lounge that I'd seen near gate 31.

The review. It is much better than waiting outside near the gate, which is hot and crowded, but worse than the AAdvantage Lounge (which is near gate 19 and is a real schlepp from gate 30). They serve espresso, coffee, drinks and some food and appear to charge for all but the coffee/espresso.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 2:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Appended shawbridge's report to the established thread discussing what I think is the same lounge. Mention if I am mistaken.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
The Centurion Club is near gate 19, I think. This is a Platinum lounge all the way by gate 30. So I don't think this is the same lounge. I had seen the above thread but it seemed to be describing the Centurion Club.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:46 pm

Just wanted to give you an update about the Centurion Lounge in Terminal 2 at Mexico City Airport. This is really a nice lounge to have access to. It is located upstairs near the HSBC Lounge. With your Platinum card, you and 4 guest may enter and use the facilities. When we arrived, it was at 5am and the lounge just opened. We were able to have access to two of the cabanas (only for platinum guests) and some of my guest got to sleep for 3-4 hrs. Whats nice about the cabanas was the outlets that you can plug into. When we had the return layover, we arrived at 5pm and all of the cabanas were taken There is another special designated area for Platinum members upstairs with a big screen TV and some recliners. The Centurion members get another special room upstairs with its own bar and sofas. Food- More complimentary selections with the breakfast. Limited options with dinner. So we ordered the food and found it decent. Drinks were great. They had 3-4 options for tequila and 3-4 options for scotch (Buchanon 12ys was the best). Service was very prompt. I tipped a couple of the waiters early on and that may have helped. They were always there to get refills and take our order. The kids play room was decent and had 2 xboxs there. My son enjoyed it. Spa- Platinum members get a free 15min massage. But I opted for the 40min one and thoroughly enjoyed it. You get a 250 pesos discount as a platinum member (final cost is 350pesos) and I believe it is free for Centurion. There were 1-2 massage therapist so I would book the moment you arrive if you want one. There is only 1 shower facility but it is really nice. They have towels and all of the soaps and shampoos. Very refreshing. Only negative was that wifi was really slow. Maybe because a lot of people were trying to access it. You will get kicked off randomly. All in all, I really enjoyed the lounge and it made our layover much more tolerable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.