Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Centurion & Platinum Eurostar lounge access [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Centurion & Platinum Eurostar lounge access [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM
Has anyone tried access at St. Pancras lately? How strict are they on the "no guests"?
Old May 16, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
They seem stricter than ever lately. Have had issues w UK business platinum which I never had in previous years. Canceling that card now.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:23 pm

Rejected again today w UK business plat and USA plat both. They've definitely been restrained to only let on UK and euro plat.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Rejected again today w UK business plat and USA plat both. They've definitely been restrained to only let on UK and euro plat.
Do they actually scan the card? I thought all the platinum and centurion cards look alike.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:07 pm

Nope purely visual. They know to look for business on the card or otherwise check the obverse for a USA # for USA cards
Old May 22, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I gave up on using the business platinum about two years ago. Both London and Brussels refused it. I think at one point they looked very similar, and then they reissued one which made it clear it was business, and since then never had access.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:55 am

After a lot of experience this summer they've absolutely cracked down now. Only European platinum and centurion get in. Absolutely no American cards even USA centurion. They check the numbers on the back of the card every time to see origin country. All European non-business platinum and centurion would qualify however.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:17 am

I think the recent price hike in UK Platinum business means that you do get the lounge now.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Smid
I think the recent price hike in UK Platinum business means that you do get the lounge now.
UK personal platinum yes, no change. Business still does not get access as of yesterday at least
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:50 am

UK personal platinum yes, no change. Business still does not get access as of yesterday at least
Dammit, I thought the recent massive price hike to same as personal platinum brought the same benefits. There goes my plan to take the Eurostar in November.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:29 pm

Dammit, I thought the recent massive price hike to same as personal platinum brought the same benefits. There goes my plan to take the Eurostar in November.
they've made the security process a mess now so I'd generally recommend flying anyways
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Your decision on what mode of transport to use to get from one city to another is based upon access to a train lounge? Seriously?

If Eurostar is the best method to get to where you need to be, I can't fathom someone not using that method just because they cannot access the Eurostar lounge...

Regards
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Your decision on what mode of transport to use to get from one city to another is based upon access to a train lounge? Seriously?

If Eurostar is the best method to get to where you need to be, I can't fathom someone not using that method just because they cannot access the Eurostar lounge...
I love how some people are incapable of thinking outside of their own experiences.

I used to live in Antwerp. Thus I love the city. I like to go back once in a while. Via the Eurostar to Brussels.

I also have Hilton Diamond at the moment, and the Antwerp Hilton, on sale at the moment, seems ripe for a nice long weekend in the autumn via the sale.

With the Eurostar lounge access due to supposed access on Business Platinum, meant that I'd get the lounge again, but since I paid £300 for december for the platinum amex, and I will not pay £595 this December. So the platinum card is getting binned. And this the lounge access would be for a limited period only for me.

So I thought this was a ripe time to do a weekend in Anwerp, via the Eurostar, using the lounges (which I regularly used when I was carte blanche for two years, and they allowed business platinum, but not for about three years now), as one last trip that way.

But the alternative now is to just not go at this point.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
After a lot of experience this summer they've absolutely cracked down now. Only European platinum and centurion get in. Absolutely no American cards even USA centurion. They check the numbers on the back of the card every time to see origin country. All European non-business platinum and centurion would qualify however.
Thanks for the information, as at least this way I won’t try to go where I may not be welcomed.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
What about for rest-of-world markets (non-Euro, non-North American)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.