Membership Rewards to Delta 35% bonus

Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Membership Rewards to Delta 35% bonus

Just got a flyer in the mail today --

Between Aug. 1 and Sept. 15, 2005

Earn a 35% Delta SkyMiles bonus when you transfer Membership Rewards points to your Delta SkyMiles account.

Register at delta.com/summerbonus or call 1-800-266-7077.

(I also posted this in the Delta Forum)
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:22 am

I'm still waiting for the 30% bonus from June to post
Old Aug 3, 2005, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Are we sure this isn't a targetted promo? If you go onto www.delta.com and look for the promo it doesn't show up. If you go to the link provided it does. I know there has been some discussion on the 30% promo that just ended being targetted as well and some people are concerned they will not be getting the promo points.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, AA 2M Miles (Llifetime Platinum)
I just tried to register and was not able to. I get "an error occurred". I will try later. Maybe it is a targetted promo.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:32 pm

No problem registering

I just register using the link provided above. It said "your card is registered" . I never received the promotion from actual mail. I didnt transfer yet but as long as the card can register. I think it can transfer with bonus.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:02 am

As with the recently ended 07/15/05 Promotion that offered a 30% bonus, I have successful registered on the link for the new promo that offers 35% bonus. However, when I called to AX in July to transfer at the 30% bonus, I was told I was not eligible for the promo or the 30% bonus. Ergo, I transferred nothing from MR to DL Skymiles and didn't push the situation even though I had supposedly registered successfully on the DL site.
I'll see what happens now with the 35% Promo. DL site says that my registration has been accepted and complete.
There have in fact been promos in the past when I tried to register and registration was denied. Me thinks that should have been the case in this situation as well. Seems to me that if the fine print in the promo says that any Skymile memeber living in the US is eligible for the promo. Is a bit frustrating to learn after the fact, that even though ones registration has been accepted, that inclusion into the promotion in not apparently assured.
Anyone else have this problem?
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:39 am

I was in the same boat with the 30% promo. I registered, and actually transferred a lot of points. After having been told by Delta it would work, they were unable to find my registration and referred me to amx. amx then denied me saying it was a targeted promo. After a little discussion, during which they looked at my annual spend, I was promised the bonus miles. Still waiting though as they won't post till 3 months later.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 2:50 pm
Original Member

AAPlatinum: Is there anything on the flyer you received that indicates that this offer is targeted?

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
They better not say it's targeted.. since the T&C don't suggest that...

Eligibility:
Registration is required in order to qualify for the bonus. This offer is valid only for SkyMiles members living in the United States.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:25 am

Thanks for the input "lessthanzero". I would imagine that AX will in fact award the bonus miles if they said they will do it. I quess I will try it again, and hope for the same promise from AX to award the bonus.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 9:26 am

Please do report on this thread when you get the 30% bonus. I had registered for the promo. Prior to the transfer of miles, I confirmed with AMEX that I was eligible and was registered for the 30% bonus. I believe that the promo ended July 15th and DL can take up to 8 weeks to post the bonus miles. So, they have up to Sep 15th to post the miles.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by MSP2000
Please do report on this thread when you get the 30% bonus. I had registered for the promo. Prior to the transfer of miles, I confirmed with AMEX that I was eligible and was registered for the 30% bonus. I believe that the promo ended July 15th and DL can take up to 8 weeks to post the bonus miles. So, they have up to Sep 15th to post the miles.
I concur. I registered 4 times for the offer ending July 15th, the last just before I made the transfer. The site said 'thank you, you are now registered'. At no time did it say 'Thank you, you are already registered' which many websites do. I did receive a postcard invitation to participate. So, I hope the bonus will show up - it has in the past. If it doesn't other measures may be necessary.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by pgary
AAPlatinum: Is there anything on the flyer you received that indicates that this offer is targeted?

Thanks.
I believe it is targetted. Recieved the email today. Here are the T&C

Terms and Conditions:
This offer is only valid for Cardmember named on this mailing. Registration is required in order to qualify for the bonus. To register online, go to delta.com/summerbonus, or if you don't have internet access, call 1-800-266-7077. Membership Rewards program enrollees will receive one mile for every eligible Membership Rewards point transferred. The bonus award will be based on the total number of Delta SkyMiles placed into your account as a result of all Membership Rewards points transfers between August 1 and September 15, 2005. This offer is valid only for SkyMiles members living in the 50 United States. If you are not yet a SkyMiles member, sign up at delta.com/skymiles or call 1-800-323-2323. Bonus Award Information: Allow up to 1 to 2 business days for Membership Rewards points to be transferred to your Delta SkyMiles account. Transferred points cannot be transferred back to the Cardmember's Membership Rewards program account. Bonus miles will be posted up to 8 weeks from the promotion expiration date of 9/15/05. Fees: Cardmembers transferring points to domestic airlines will be charged a fee of $.0004 per point, up to $50. This charge is to offset the excise taxes American Express currently pays to the government on such transactions.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:14 pm

Not sure whether it's targeted. I enrolled on the thread and called the MR and got registered.

Thanks for the post!

Mike
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:59 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
called and was told that the promo was targeted

Hi,

Like many readers of this thread, I "successfully" registered for this promotion online... with no confirmation that I was truly registered (and if you try to register again, it doesn't say, 'you're already registered for this promotion').

So today I decided to call the American Express number for the promotion and asked to enroll. The agent asked for my American Express number which I provided, then she said, "It appears that you weren't targeted for this promotion. It doesn't show in the system that you are registered or that you were targeted for the bonus. Even if you transfer the points, you will not receive the 35% bonus. Where did you hear about this promotion?" - so I guess it would be prudent for everyone to be careful in assuming that the 35% bonus will be posted, since according to Amex, it is a targeted promotion and may only apply to a subset of FTers who received the mailing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.