Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips on Getting Plat?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW PE, Marriott GE, HHonors Gold, *wood Gold, Priority Club, Hertz 5*, Avis Wizard
Tips on Getting Plat?

Funny thing. My wife and I BOTH recevied "invitations" for the Amex Gold card in the past two weeks. Since each was individually addressed I assume each of us qualifies since it was pre-approved. Any chance combined we would qualify for Plat?
Old Jun 6, 2005, 8:44 pm

Programs: CO/OnePass Platinum, *wood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HiltonHonors Gold, Amex Platinum, Hertz #1CG 5*
Originally Posted by nnightmar
Funny thing. My wife and I BOTH recevied "invitations" for the Amex Gold card in the past two weeks. Since each was individually addressed I assume each of us qualifies since it was pre-approved. Any chance combined we would qualify for Plat?
Apply for Gold...let the account age a month or two, then call customer service and upgrade to Platinum. Simple as paying the $395/year fee. Much easier than applying for Platinum outright.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 9:00 pm

Location: Memphis, TN USA UA 1K, NW Platinum, AA Gold, Starwood Platinum, HHonors Gold
In Years gone by, Platinum used to be hard to get...

Originally Posted by nnightmar

It seems when the Centurion Card was introduced, that Platinum became a lot more ubiquitous and very easy to get.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 9:04 pm

Programs: Leaders Program, Supreme Commander Platinum
Wink

Though I am not sure why you would want a platinum ASAP, being a big supporter of immediate gratification I have to ask...why don't you just call?
Old Jun 7, 2005, 6:36 am

The Platinum card does not hold the prestige that it once did. If you are willing to pay the annual fee, it's all yours.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 8:33 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103
The Platinum card does not hold the prestige that it once did. If you are willing to pay the annual fee, it's all yours.

In D you have to be a cardmember for at least one year to get the Plat card.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 8:51 am
Suspended

In the us one can acquire the platinum immediately. I went from green to plat in one week.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by peter42
In D you have to be a cardmember for at least one year to get the Plat card.
You can apply for the Platinum Card without ever had held an American Express account. Just apply online at the Amex website. If you already have an account with Amex, you can apply as an existing card member. Otherwise, just use the new card member application form.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:46 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kyle53719
You can apply for the Platinum Card without ever had held an American Express account. Just apply online at the Amex website. If you already have an account with Amex, you can apply as an existing card member. Otherwise, just use the new card member application form.

There is no Plat. application form on the german amex site!
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:51 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Unhappy

They been bugging me to get the Platinum card for the longest time, now I don't feel that special anymore
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:40 am

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
More often than not...

Just show them the money!!!
Old Jun 8, 2005, 3:31 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold
In Italy you must use the Gold card for all payment ( from supermarket at fuel ), spend 26.000 euro at year and have a gold card from at least 1 year.

There isn't a Platinum application form on the Italian amex site, only the description of the card.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 6:58 pm
Suspended

In the us ,uk and canada its quite easy to get. In other countries its invitation only.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 12:32 am

Programs: LH-Hon
There is a platinum card application on the german website:

Choose the card consultor and click "lifestyle service" or "car rental cdw-insurance" as your preffered perks and click annual income "over 60000 Euros".

After that you will be transmitted to the platinum card online application.

So it's no more by invitation only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:16 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold
Originally Posted by FraCent
There is a platinum card application on the german website:

Choose the card consultor and click "lifestyle service" or "car rental cdw-insurance" as your preffered perks and click annual income "over 60000 Euros".

After that you will be transmitted to the platinum card online application.

So it's no more by invitation only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Way !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.