upgrade card question

Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

upgrade card question

hi, i just recently got an amex blue for students and was pre approved for a blue cash card which i accepted. is it true that if your a amex account is good for 6 months you are waived for the minimum income requirement for their other cards? If my cards are in good standing for the next 6 months, would I be easily approved for a Green rewards card, gold, or platinum?

thanks
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:56 pm

Yes, AFAIK the minimum income requirement is waived for people that already have an AMEX. Good luck with whatever card you choose, I'd go for the gold ^
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:25 pm

Programs: AmEx Plat, CO Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
You will get gold no problem as long as you are a current card member in good standing.

I took a shot and went for platinum and got it (21 years old, still a student). I use the benefits since I travel a lot and have been very happy with the card.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
From personal experience in the UK once you have any card for a year, you can apply for any (non-invite only) card and you will get it. Just pay all your bills in full, on time and you won't have a problem

Chris
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I don't know about it being a minimum 6 months, but it is printed on the online applications that if you have an AMEX card, the minimum income requirement is waived.

Just make sure your account is in good standing.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:15 pm

There is a 6 month minimum for applying on the short, existing member application on line. If your account is less than 6 months old maybe you should call.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:16 am
Original Poster

thanks for the replies, should I be spending alot on these cards so they will consider me for gold or platinum?
Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:45 pm

As long as you're a customer that pays his bills consistently, they'll give you either one if you're willing to pay the annual fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.