Wiki Posts
Search

Titanium Centurion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2005, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Leaders Program, Supreme Commander Platinum
Talking Titanium Centurion

It was my understanding that sometime this year AMEX was going to reissue the Centurion card in the US in titanium instead of plastic. Anyone have an update on this?
Old Mar 17, 2005, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Supreme Leader of the Free World
It was my understanding that sometime this year AMEX was going to reissue the Centurion card in the US in titanium instead of plastic. Anyone have an update on this?

Someone alos mentioned this for the UK.

Got my new card this week. Plastic.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:39 am

Programs: Various
All good things come to those who wait.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
All good things come to those who wait.

Thanks,
Richard
Let me translate what Richard is say....'I have no idea! '.

Cheers,
Chuck
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, Lifetime Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
A problem developed with the machine that made the cards. AMEX sent it back to the manufacturer to get retooled.

Stay tuned.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:31 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
i am waiting for my card too.

Originally Posted by Echelon
A problem developed with the machine that made the cards. AMEX sent it back to the manufacturer to get retooled.

Stay tuned.
who told you this? i thought amex is not printing their cards themselves. normally companies like G&D do this for amex.

dp
Old Mar 21, 2005, 4:07 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
In the DL Crown room yesterday the deskclerk asked me why I didn't have a metal one yet. She said she sees a lot of them. No one in the US has one yet, right?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by damon88
In the DL Crown room yesterday the deskclerk asked me why I didn't have a metal one yet. She said she sees a lot of them. No one in the US has one yet, right?
Hmm... I wonder if we can find a picture of one online...
Old Mar 21, 2005, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by damon88
I've had one since November. They sent out a number to those that had agreed to be part of a test panel, and we were required to log our experienced for a few weeks. Of course in typical AMEX fashion, despite comments that asked for someone to contact me, I never heard from anyone. Biggest problem - the card can't seem to be read in ATM type machines like Amtrak's Quik-Tik. Almost made me miss the Acela when I tried picking up some tickets.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 2:13 pm

So I called CS and they told me it was sent out for testing last year and they have not yet decided to issue the cards in titanium yet....
Old Mar 22, 2005, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Leaders Program, Supreme Commander Platinum
I just called and asked to be a "tester". They said they were just finishing up testing and that there was "a lot" of interest in these and she was hopeful they would be rolling it out soon.

Soo...nothing concrete. Maybe there really is a lot of interest? I know I would prefer a titanium one even if it didn't do some machine type charging.

(This is US version)
Old Mar 23, 2005, 6:41 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
new cards

i am sure in germany they will introduce the card, the titan version and new benefits and than a higher annual fee
Old Apr 1, 2005, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, Lifetime Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
The test sample was really small - only 150 cards. So I think the Crown Room person was exaggerating.

They're still sorting out the manufacturing problem.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:44 am
Original Member

I have one. I was also a tester and also never heard from them until a battered Priority Mail package arrived in January, well after the testing period was over. I called them and asked if they still wanted me to fill it out and they never returned my call.

QL
Old Apr 6, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Echelon
The test sample was really small - only 150 cards. So I think the Crown Room person was exaggerating.

They're still sorting out the manufacturing problem.
If it was a high traffic crown room and this person saw 3, that would register as "a lot"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.