Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I pay for a BMW Lease on my card?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PIT_Flyer
Good luck with the Bimmer. It's one car that you can't go wrong with..!
I don't want to diverge too far off-topic, but I HAVE to disagree with this! My M Roadster was in the shop so much that I very clearly DID go wrong with it. It's too early to tell about 6-series reliability, but given all the recent problems (I-Drive, M3 engines, styling disasters, etc.) I don't think you can say anymore that you can't go wrong with a Bimmer.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I don't want to diverge too far off-topic, but I HAVE to disagree with this! My M Roadster was in the shop so much that I very clearly DID go wrong with it. It's too early to tell about 6-series reliability, but given all the recent problems (I-Drive, M3 engines, styling disasters, etc.) I don't think you can say anymore that you can't go wrong with a Bimmer.
You know, I dreaded the I-Drive for a while, but, after using it for a while, I kind of got used to it and then liked it some. Styling and M3 engines? I think I have to agree with you there...Like you, don't want to go off-topic, but my $0.02
Old Nov 22, 2004, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by sapman986
Care to elaborate why not? It does sound too easy to be true..
For one, ebay is very strict about two things. 1st, people bidding on there own auctions. 2nd, It will send up a red flag if you bid $2000 on a paper clip (they do browse the site).

And also there are all kinds of paypal rules about this type of thing.

Read the T&C and rules (ebay & paypal), there are a half dozen reasons why you can't do this.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:14 pm
RCC

for those that didnt know, paypal is owned by ebay.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Care to elaborate why not? It does sound too easy to be true..
Ebay charges fees to list an auction. After all related ebay fees are charged to the seller, the total cost for selling the paperclip to yourself would be $55.42. That's not something I would want to do every month.

Last edited by BeCarlson; Nov 23, 2004 at 6:56 pm
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by BeCarlson
Ebay charges fees to list an auction. After all related ebay fees are charged to the seller, the total cost for selling the paperclip to yourself would be $55.42. That's not something I would want to do every month.
Okay, that explains why it doesn't make sense to do it, rather than the other explanation why you shouldn't do it...
Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
Congratulations. Did you get the coupe or convertible?
Got the coupe. It's a fun machine.

-Peter
Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by geekfactory
Got the coupe. It's a fun machine.

-Peter
Did you win in the lottery? 645Ci is 80K$ more or less (80,000$ = 80,000 Miles + 20,000 Miles Bonus for new CC = 100,000 miles = Business Class Flight to Munich to pick up the car!)
Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:04 pm
RCC

Originally Posted by USAFAN
Did you win in the lottery? 645Ci is 80K$ more or less (80,000$ = 80,000 Miles + 20,000 Miles Bonus for new CC = 100,000 miles = Business Class Flight to Munich to pick up the car!)
in most cases if you do a Euro delivery you can save 10% on the price of the car. If you buy a Benz, they have a hotel on site where you can stay for free, up to a week I beleive.

If you buy a porsche, they will take you out on the track & show you how to drive it! I beleive porsche charges a premium for this service.

I had a friend that did this on a 330ic bmw, so long you drive it like 15 miles (something like that) do a euro delivery your car is exported as a USED car, apperantly taxes/tariffs are less & makes for a new car to cost less. he said incorporating the the cost of the trip to germany yada yada he still saved like $1,800...lotta $$
Old Nov 25, 2004, 6:37 am

RCC:

You are correct, you can safe even money. However, a European delivery needs a little planning.
My point was: Pay the whole sales price with credit card .. and you (almost) have a free flight in business class to pick up the car. I know, that my dealer would accept a credit card ... bad news, the dealer has no BMW, only Porsche, Aston Martin and Jaguar

Regarding lottery: Florida has $60,000,000 in the Jack Pot ... go and get it.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by USAFAN
RCC:

You are correct, you can safe even money. However, a European delivery needs a little planning.
My point was: Pay the whole sales price with credit card .. and you (almost) have a free flight in business class to pick up the car. I know, that my dealer would accept a credit card ... bad news, the dealer has no BMW, only \:
And thus, we go back to the original query - It's a lease, not a buy... Otherwise, yeah, I would have put it all on the card.

Oh well...
Old Dec 12, 2004, 3:17 pm
pod

Programs: UA 1K (MM)
My lease is just about to end on my BMW. Can I buy out the lease upon its expiry using my Amex then, seeing as I have the first right of refusal? Does it count as a purchase of a car? Or could they refuse credit card for payment? Anyone had any luck/experiene with this?
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pod
My lease is just about to end on my BMW. Can I buy out the lease upon its expiry using my Amex then, seeing as I have the first right of refusal? Does it count as a purchase of a car? Or could they refuse credit card for payment? Anyone had any luck/experiene with this?
Depends on the terms and conditions of the lease. My hunch is no, since at the end of most leases you're buying the car directly from the financing company rather than from the dealer. If BMW Financial Services doesn't accept credit cards then you'll just have to pay cash for the balance, turn the vehicle in, or refinance it.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
13 years later...

BMW lets you make lease payments online using a debit card. Same day only. Anyone tried a VGC or AGC for this?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have a lease on a 2016 X5... I make payments via plastiq, that is the best option available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.