Downgraded from Swiss Centurion to Travelclub Amex

Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:00 pm
hrm
Original Poster

Downgraded from Swiss Centurion to Travelclub Amex

I moved from the UK to Switzerland and had no trouble getting a Swiss Centurion to replace my UK one.

However the Swiss Travelclub Amex gives one mile per franc, whereas the Centurion program gave one mile per two francs (if I recall correctly).

The Swiss centurion program did not provide english language services (I speak fluent French, but my native language is English) and since companies such as Swisscom provide excellent English-language services, I was disappointed that they didn't offer English.

So I've cancelled Centurion and moved to the Travelclub Platinum Amex.

FYI.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 8:19 am

Programs: some
Does the Travelclub Amex offer the same features as the "normal" Amex? I have been thinking about switching, but the STC-Site it doesn't list any of the standard Platin Deals (FHR, Flight Companion, Concierge Service,...)
Old Nov 14, 2004, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by verve
Does the Travelclub Amex offer the same features as the "normal" Amex? I have been thinking about switching, but the STC-Site it doesn't list any of the standard Platin Deals (FHR, Flight Companion, Concierge Service,...)
No such features as Centurion has with Swiss TravelClub Amex in Switzerland, no phone lines no nothing : NO deals (FHR, Flight Companion, Concierge Service,...) just the 1 CHF for 1 mile... The miles are credited at the end of the month and that s it... No Hotel credit programms....

So before changing from Amex Plat "standard" or Amex Centurion in Switzerland you shuld really think of what you want, miles or Service...

At least once every year or so standard Amex in Switzerland gives you the choice to transfer 1 Amex points for 1 miles.... but I dont know when would be next time...

Kooks.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by kooks

At least once every year or so standard Amex in Switzerland gives you the choice to transfer 1 Amex points for 1 miles.... but I dont know when would be next time...

Kooks.
Kooks,

I have never seen this offer ... I want to transfer swiss plat MR to flying blue and get 1 for 2. I seem to recall that air france always had a better conversion (5 for 4 ?) but never was intertesed in AF until they were given KLM.

Peter
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by kooks

Kooks.
I think the last time was in 2003 as far as I can remember - been stocking up on points for some time.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:38 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Swiss Travelclub Platinum Amex also gives First Class check-in with LX. I wonder how that will change after March 31 when LX TC ceases to exist.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:47 am

SWISS Travel Club will be replaced by LH Miles&More .

SWISS is now fully owned by Lufthansa, and Lufthansa has no deal with Amex. I guess that the Travel Club Amex will not be offered anymore soon.

I would think twice before cancelling the swiss Centurion...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.