Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone get Bonus starpoints for annual renewal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2004, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Anyone get Bonus starpoints for annual renewal

Just about to hit my 1 year anniversary period with Starwood card, and got 6000 starpoints as thank-you bonus for using the card. anyone else get this. When i called amex, they told me they occasionally give out bonuses to people who use the card and pay on time.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 5:42 am

Not me.

Didn't do it for me, and I've had the card since June 2001. Always pay on time and in full, too. However, I average only $2K - $3K per month, so that might not be enough for the bonus.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Haven't gotten such a bonus, I've had the card since summer '01, spend lots...
Old Jun 17, 2004, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Just about to hit my 1 year anniversary period with Starwood card, and got 6000 starpoints as thank-you bonus for using the card. anyone else get this. When i called amex, they told me they occasionally give out bonuses to people who use the card and pay on time.
Just today, I wanted to switch my Delta Plat to Delta Gold and save $50 in member fees, but they offered me $25 or 4k miles to keep me. I took 4K miles.
nice bonus
Old Jun 18, 2004, 8:04 pm

Post Just an SPG50

No bonus points, but I did get another SPG50 to add to my coupon stack.

Old Jun 23, 2004, 11:49 pm

My card was up for renewal last month. Called AmEx customer service and asked for bonus starpoints. No dice.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 5:40 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Originally Posted by Miles8
My card was up for renewal last month. Called AmEx customer service and asked for bonus starpoints. No dice.
Did you tell them you wanted to cancel or just ask for a bonus? They normally only give a cash/points/waived annual fee if you ask them to cancel the card and get put through to card rentention.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 9:43 am

I just spoke with the cancellation department and got them to waive the annual fee almost without asking.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 7:47 pm

My Starwood card was up for renewal

this summer. I also hold an AmEx Platinum in addition to the Starwood Platinum. I called AmEx to "cancel" my card. I was transferred to the cancellation department where they offered to credit me $20 since I was a valued cardmember. They specifically notes that it was NOT a credit towards my annual fee, but instead was a result of me being a valued customer. My sense is that AmEx doesn't want to get into the habit of waiving fees so they called it a valued cardmember credit. I wasn't offered any points, but I didn't ask either. It seems that experiences vary wildly in this regard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.