Amex MR and JetBlue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, BA, SPG
Amex MR and JetBlue

For those that didn't see this in the Jetblue forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365306

Now what is the cheapest way to earn MR points? Like many others around here, I got rid of my Amex charge card in favor of the SPG card. But if I could get one cheaply and earn a Jetblue roundtrip for spending $12500 at gas stations, post office, drugstores, etc I would consider it worthwhile.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmorgans
For those that didn't see this in the Jetblue forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365306

Now what is the cheapest way to earn MR points? Like many others around here, I got rid of my Amex charge card in favor of the SPG card. But if I could get one cheaply and earn a Jetblue roundtrip for spending $12500 at gas stations, post office, drugstores, etc I would consider it worthwhile.
Well--the minimum is probably to get the basic green card which earns MR points. You can get other cards that give double MR points on stuff like gas stations, drug stores, etc.

Once you have one of the MR point earning AMEX cards--you can link certain other AMEX cards to that one and earn points on both--like AMEX Blue would be one--I have Rewards Gold with AMEX Blue linked to earn MR points on both.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

25,000 points?

Southwest is only 20,000 points. That's a shame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.