Search

What's your "Average" balance?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2004, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
Talking Amex Wishes and questions...

Hi guys...

Bored on a Friday night. Sitting at home, recovering from an annoying Bronchoscopy - was recommended by my doctor to not go out tonight. Oh, lucky me.

So now I sit here, bored. My question of the evening, then...

What do you spend the most on per month? Food? Gas? Rent? Travel?

How much of your monthly balance is "automated?" I.e., monthly recurring charges, like Mobile bills, utilities, etc...

Anything you can't put on Amex that you wish you could?

Go forth and amuse me.

-Peter, who sounds suspiciously like the Godfather tonight, and hopes that he's back to normal by tomorrow, for he has to go to a gala, and has no desire to explain why he's talking like this.

Last edited by geekfactory; Aug 21, 2004 at 6:44 am Reason: removed "average" part, kept "wishes" part Damn anesthesia.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by geekfactory
Anything you can't put on Amex that you wish you could?
I'll see what other people post before I start divulging that other info however, I am quite happy to oblige with the what I wish I could put on Amex request....

Add to that:
-damage my brother made to my car!
-my Dads travel expense budget (well for his previous job, has just changed)
-my student bus pass
Old Aug 22, 2004, 7:14 pm

What do you spend the most on per month? Food? Gas? Rent? Travel?

How much of your monthly balance is "automated?" I.e., monthly recurring charges, like Mobile bills, utilities, etc...
Should I send you my monthly statements ?
Old Aug 22, 2004, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Next thread: "What is your average ajdusted gross income on federal form 1040, years 1999-2003?"
Old Aug 23, 2004, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: COPP/UAGS SPG Platinum, USAir Gold Hyatt Diamond, Amex Centurion
not.

Originally Posted by dhuey
Next thread: "What is your average ajdusted gross income on federal form 1040, years 1999-2003?"
I don't really care who you are/how much you make. Only reason I'm asking is because I have a chance to convert my entire apartment building (400 units) into being allowed to pay their rent on a credit card. I'm trying to get a feel for how many people would do it.

Don't worry - I have more exciting things to do than find out how much you paid to the government last year.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 9:28 am

I don't really care who you are/how much you make. Only reason I'm asking is because I have a chance to convert my entire apartment building (400 units) into being allowed to pay their rent on a credit card. I'm trying to get a feel for how many people would do it.

Don't worry - I have more exciting things to do than find out how much you paid to the government last year.

You must live at a Related property in New York. We do a lot of business with them, they are good people.

www.relatedrentals.com
(It's an MR steal if you can pay rent with AMEX, it's practially a free biz transatlantic ticket)
Old Aug 23, 2004, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper

Fair enough, gf. Your original post gave me the impression that this was simply a thread to show off the size of your spending power.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 6:29 pm

Thumbs up

Count me as a vote for credit card payment.

I used to live in an apartment and would have loved to pay that way. My payments were by cashier's check that were a pain to get. I did not want to use personal checks due to I just don't like large checks looming out there. The one time I paid by personal check management waited until the 7th of the month to cash it.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 2:37 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA
are there rental properties in L.A. that allow tenants to pay rent with amex? i've read before that some properties in nyc do, any updated info would be great! thanks in advance.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by turnerk2
are there rental properties in L.A. that allow tenants to pay rent with amex? i've read before that some properties in nyc do, any updated info would be great! thanks in advance.
Yes, there are a few in LA that do (VISA/MC/AMEX), but they give you a surcharge, usually about 2-3%. Not really worth it...
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:41 pm

Programs: SPG, HH Gold, Priority Pass, Chairman, Amex
It is an option for where I am now (Austin, TX) and decided it was a skip because a 2.5% surcharge. I personally value my MR points a 1%.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Would be very nice to put my rent on the Amex....^ (and latest medical expenses )
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG, HH Gold, Priority Pass, Chairman, Amex
Anyone know of a way to pay for transactions normally paid by check on the amex? Do we get MR points for using Travelers Checks?
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:49 am

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by SOhp101
Yes, there are a few in LA that do (VISA/MC/AMEX), but they give you a surcharge, usually about 2-3%. Not really worth it...
I'm not sure about AMEX, but it is against the TOS for a merchant to charge you to use your CC with MC/VISA. I'd post a link but I'm too lazy. Look it up though. However, they can give a "cash discount"
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:17 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum; Starwood; AAdvantage
My apartment complex in dowtown Miami accepts Visa/MC but not AMEX. Sucks big time! They said the fee is too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.