Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Card & Lounge Access?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
Pardon me if this has already been answered upthread, but does anyone know what "special industry reduced revenue tickets" are? Does that include mileage awards?

I'll be flying from SFO to Berlin soon with a C Class mileage award ticket on Delta. I'm not sure if the international C ticket will get me into the lounges, if my Amex Platinum will (is mine a "reduced revenue ticket"?), if either one works, or neither.
I have flown in Delta BE on an award ticket, and had no problem accessing the lounge with just my boarding pass. I had an AmEx with me, as well as Priority Pass, if there was a problem, but there were no questions asked at all once I presented a BE boarding pass.

Susan
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Thanks, Susan. Given your experience, I'll start with the boarding pass and keep the card in reserve if needed.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 4:20 pm

[QUOTE=dhuey;10404329] I'm not sure if the international C ticket will get me into the lounges, /QUOTE]

You will be able to access lounge of the airline you are flying juts by showing your boarding pass.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Question Hong Kong and Thailand Lounges?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I've tried searching a few threads and this seemed the most relevant to ask in:

I have the Platinum card and am flying CO to HKG and then Emirates to BKK and HKT. Is there Platinum Card lounge access in HKG, BKK, and/or HKT? Searching this site, there are no lounges listed in any of those airports.

(Note: We are flying in whY class, not at the front of the bus.)

I'd appreciate any help and input! Thanks!

peace,
~Ben~
Old Feb 4, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
NWA World Club

If I fly with DL, can I use NWA World Club with my AMEX Platinum since they merge?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Bookexp
If I fly with DL, can I use NWA World Club with my AMEX Platinum since they merge?
Much success has been reported recently. I'm not sure of the official policy, but many have reported that it is working that way.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
Sorry if this has been answered, but I've tried searching a few threads and this seemed the most relevant to ask in:

I have the Platinum card and am flying CO to HKG and then Emirates to BKK and HKT. Is there Platinum Card lounge access in HKG, BKK, and/or HKT?
peace,
~Ben~
No. See my posts above for T&C
Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:10 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sbm12
Much success has been reported recently. I'm not sure of the official policy, but many have reported that it is working that way.
I received the following in a recent e-mail from AMEX:

When flying Delta Air lines or Northwest Airlines you can now gain access to both Delta Crown Room Clubs® and Northwest Airlines WorldsClubs®. Simply show your Platinum Card®, Delta or Northwest airline ticket for same-day travel, and an official ID. Visit Airport Club Access for lounge locations and additional information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.