Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Card & Lounge Access?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Only if those lounges are part of the Priority Pass programme, since Priority Pass gets you in regardless of airline.

If you want to get in by flashing your Plat Amex, the answer is No - you must be flying DL / CO / NW (and BMI / Eurostar in the UK).
Old Jun 13, 2007, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Can you access one of the DL/CO/NW clubs even if you are not flying one of those airlines? I'm looking at the Platinum Business card partly to replace my PriorityPass membership, but I don't always fly these airlines (you'll usually find me on UA or F9).

I think it specificly says in T&C that you have to be flying on a corresponding airline in order to access it's club
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Can you access one of the DL/CO/NW clubs even if you are not flying one of those airlines?
Assuming you mean a USA issued Platinum Card, enjoy complimentary access to participating Continental Airlines Presidents Club®, Delta Crown Room Club®, and Northwest Airlines WorldClub® locations worldwide when traveling with the respective airline that is operating the club
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: united airlines
A goodly number of MR points (~25K) and a useful benefit like lounge access might induce me to pony up the extra money ($450?) to go Platinum. But as someone who flies almost exclusively on UA, I wouldn't see that lounge benefit that NW/CO/DL flyers get, is that right? Are there other benefits with Platinum that might make the more expensive card worthwhile for me? (They must be giving something of substantial value for the substantial fee, mustn't they?)
Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by itsme
A goodly number of MR points (~25K) and a useful benefit like lounge access might induce me to pony up the extra money ($450?) to go Platinum. But as someone who flies almost exclusively on UA, I wouldn't see that lounge benefit that NW/CO/DL flyers get, is that right? Are there other benefits with Platinum that might make the more expensive card worthwhile for me? (They must be giving something of substantial value for the substantial fee, mustn't they?)
As a fellow United traveler, I feel your pain. Unfortunately, United and AMEX have parted ways and it does not look like they will be getting back together ANYTIME soon. It would be amazing if AMEX would make the US program more similare to the UK program in this regard and give up Priority Pass which is a fantastic value. Right now I pay for it out of pocket and I love it.

I feel that the FHR program is a great value. I think that I easily use in excess of $450 of discounts use. I really need to nug down a bit more in the detain there, but I feel that I am getting great value with this benefit.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by Paolo01
As a fellow United traveler, I feel your pain. Unfortunately, United and AMEX have parted ways and it does not look like they will be getting back together ANYTIME soon. It would be amazing if AMEX would make the US program more similare to the UK program in this regard and give up Priority Pass which is a fantastic value. Right now I pay for it out of pocket and I love it.

I feel that the FHR program is a great value. I think that I easily use in excess of $450 of discounts use. I really need to nug down a bit more in the detain there, but I feel that I am getting great value with this benefit.
Thanks, but I don't follow all of this. How do AmEx's US and UK programs differ? The UK program includes Priority Pass in the benefit package?

What is "FHR," and what sorts of discounts? Also, don't u;nderstand "need to nug down a bit more in the detain there," is it UK slang?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by itsme
Thanks, but I don't follow all of this. How do AmEx's US and UK programs differ? The UK program includes Priority Pass in the benefit package?

What is "FHR," and what sorts of discounts? Also, don't u;nderstand "need to nug down a bit more in the detain there," is it UK slang?
This thread has a lot of great info http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...inum+centurion

FHR is Fine Hotels and resorts program. Here is a US website with more info http://www.americanexpress.com/fhr
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:01 pm

Centurion Lounge in EZE Access?

I am travelling to EZE tomorrow and would like to use the Centurion Lounge in EZE with my US Plat Card. When I check the Platinum Card Website, it is no longer listing any of the Centurion Lounges as accessible. Has anyone used their Plat card to gain access recently?
Old Jul 6, 2007, 3:39 am

Two cards for lounge access

I've also had concerns about the limited lounge access w/the AMEX Platinum charge card. You all are probably already aware of this, but if you've enough assets with Bank of America, you can get the new BOA Accolades American Express Card with the $295 AF assessed, then immediately credited back to you. Basically with $200K in FDIC and investment accounts with BOA (or 30K in annual spending on the Accolades card -- not something I plan on, since they use WorldPoints), you get a complimentary Priority Pass Prestige membership. The cardholder has free lounge access, and pays $24 for each guest. That benefit alone might make the card worthwhile, especially w/no AF. Here's a link to a FatWallet discussion about the card: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...143&lastpage=1
I know the card and the link have been referred to in other FlyerTalk threads, but it seems pertinent to this thread, too. Having both the Plat and the Accolades cards makes lounge access very flexible, although still obviously not at the level of the AMEX Centurion, which I believe is a custom PPass level that allows free lounge access for guests.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by glxpass
...not at the level of the AMEX Centurion, which I believe is a custom PPass level that allows free lounge access for guests.
. Never heard of that.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by bhd87
. Never heard of that.
The UK Plat version of Priority Pass allows you to also give a PP to your main supplementary card holder - not sure if that is what is meant here.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:46 am

Regarding the AMEX Centurion and Priority Pass with free access for guests, I thought that dolmar had referenced this previously, but I could have misunderstood it. I guess someone with a USA Centurion card could definitively answer that question. Sorry for any confusion this has caused; my main point was that the Accolades card in combination with the AMEX Plat charge card would give you flexible options for airport lounge access.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:52 am

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Can I access lounge using Platinum upon arrival at my final destination or it is only at departure city? I might have to do some business calls and it might provide me a quite environment.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: Bus. Platinum Amex..Amex Bus. Plat. Skymiles..Visa Signature
With platinum card you can take up to 2 guest with you in DL Crown Room. Not sure about the other ones I only fly DL.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:09 am

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Originally Posted by Brakes
With platinum card you can take up to 2 guest with you in DL Crown Room. Not sure about the other ones I only fly DL.
Do you mean I can also do it upon arrival to my final destination?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.