Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Lookout Amex your Platinum/Centurion cardholders will switch to Merrill Lynch Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lookout Amex your Platinum/Centurion cardholders will switch to Merrill Lynch Visa

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
Dude, I dislike "Merrill Lynched" as much as the next guy. But seriously, what does the color of the card mean to anyone except the person who thinks they are dignified for carrying it. I'd use a pink CC with a flower and a puppy dog on it if I liked the benefits. I cant believe anyone really cares about your CC.

Ken in Phx

I concur! There once was a time when the Platinum card was obtained by invitation only. Now anyone can obtain/purchase one. It really takes an insecure person with a big ego to think that he/she will impress a stranger by the color of their card.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 9:20 am

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
As an update... and an attempt to put the thread back on track, free Ritz nights have been removed from the list of benefits.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingToFly
As an update... and an attempt to put the thread back on track, free Ritz nights have been removed from the list of benefits.

Are you sure about this? They have issued me a Ritz certificate for reaching the +2 level recently and expect to receive it this coming week. Furthermore, the rep gave me a code which grants me a free night in case I don't want to wait for the certificate to arrive in the mail.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster and GameStop, several libraries
Originally Posted by FlyingToFly

Well, there goes the only reason I would get the card. (And I was going to apply because of that too.)
Old Oct 23, 2005, 3:31 am

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
Originally Posted by CopyrightBoy
Are you sure about this? They have issued me a Ritz certificate for reaching the +2 level recently and expect to receive it this coming week. Furthermore, the rep gave me a code which grants me a free night in case I don't want to wait for the certificate to arrive in the mail.
Yes, I am quite sure. Free Ritz nights are no longer in the list of benefits for the next calendar year. You were able to redeem them because the year has yet to end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.