Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: AS only (2024)

Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
To read previous reports, click HERE.

You must enroll and select your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase: http://www.americanexpress.com/airlinechoice -or-
"Call the number on the back of your Card to select a qualifying airline."

To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Gift certificates purchases are not reimbursed since 2017.

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem.

Print Wikipost

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: AS only (2024)

Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:11 am

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by wmchan051
Thank you for the DP.
Can you confirm that the category of this $88.1 charge is coded as "Travel - Airline"? Thank you!

Yup that is indeed correct. Shows up as 'Travel - Airline' under the Amex mobile app.

If I click Additional Information it shows up as:033009 AIRLINE/AIR CARRIER
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Yup that is indeed correct. Shows up as 'Travel - Airline' under the Amex mobile app.

If I click Additional Information it shows up as:033009 AIRLINE/AIR CARRIER
Thank you!
I just did the same :-) I will report soon.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:17 pm

Low airfares (or charges that look like airfares) are hit or miss. Somebody will get reimbursed and somebody else may not.

I had two award ticket fee charges on Feb 19, both for < $50, still not reimbursed and the $25 partner award fee also not reimbursed.

-David
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:28 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Confirming receipt of credit for an $8 AS club charge for an extremely generous pour of Glenlivet.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:31 pm

Did wallet credit + $39 and wasn't reimbursed. last year did something similar for $44 I think and that was reimbursed
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Low airfares (or charges that look like airfares) are hit or miss. Somebody will get reimbursed and somebody else may not.

I had two award ticket fee charges on Feb 19, both for < $50, still not reimbursed and the $25 partner award fee also not reimbursed.

-David
Did your award charges post the same way as a non-award ticket?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Did your award charges post the same way as a non-award ticket?
They always do.

-David
Old May 11, 2024, 9:34 am

Looking to confirm a booking and cancel to deposit value into wallet. I'm a Noob at this. So, I should be ok to buy & cancel any MAIN cabin domestic flight on Alaksa metal. O/W or R/T shouldn't make a difference. No Saver fare. Wait well past 24 hours and cancel and request for fund deposited into wallet. TIA
Old May 11, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Main cabin flights with Alaska Airlines, whether one way or R/T, can be refunded to the original payment when cancelled within 24 hours, or the funds can be deposited into your wallet if you cancel more than 24 hours after booking but before the flight departs.
Old May 16, 2024, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by teocon18
Manually got 3 x $24 seat assignment credits after six weeks. The rep mentioned something about AS coding the charge as new ticket. Not sure if that was accurate, but i'm satisfied the charges were credited to the account.
The chat agent is giving me pushback here, how did you manage to convince them?
Old May 17, 2024, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
The chat agent is giving me pushback here, how did you manage to convince them?
1. Was this actually a seat assignment fee?

2. Did you affirm that it was a seat assignment fee (using those words or similar) and specifically did not use the U-word (upgrade)? If so, and if I could not convince them, I'd end the session and try with another agent (the chat version of "HUCA" -- hang up and call again".
pmblinn likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by ziggy29
Still waiting for reimbursements for "seat selection fees" on February 12 and 24, but got the standard boilerplate "can take 6-8 weeks" stuff when I inquired. I decided not to push back, but in my experience if you didn't get the credit within about 7-10 days, it's not coming unless you call/chat for it.
Just to follow up, about three weeks ago I opened a new chat session with Amex and got these seat selection fees (about $194 in total) credited. The agent was a bit persistent about making sure these were NOT upgrades but seat selections, and I assured them multiple times that they were all seat selections, and got the credit.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:13 pm

Got unexpectedly credited on 5/17 for a premium class seat that I purchased on 5/12 for $55. This is the first time out of maybe 7 premium class purchases that I was credited automatically for. Another premium class purchase for $183 never credited and I have to chat them for that
Old May 22, 2024, 9:54 pm

Using airline credit for alaska first class seat

Hi All,
My apologies in advance if this has been repeatedly asked. Just trying to get confirmation from anyone who might have tried. So the amex $200 airline credit i have seen work for seat upgrades for premium seats. I would buy the alaska airline flight with some other credit card and then buy the premium seat upgrade at a later time with my amex. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the same process but for first class seat upgrade and got the credit to trigger.
Old May 24, 2024, 9:54 am

Is it possible to get credit from AS award ticket fee? it's 250 USD, not sure if I can get it back...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.