Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Aspire Benefits (T&C here)
Unchanged:
  • Annual free night certificate with cardmember anniversary. Separate thread here.
  • Additional free night certificate for $60k spent in a calendar year
  • Same spending bonus categories
  • Diamond status
  • $100 statement credit benefit for some Waldorf/Conrad stays. Separate thread here
New:
  • Additional free night certificate for $30k spent in a calendar year. Effective now so 2023 spending can earn this FNC
  • $200 statement credit at Hilton Resorts in H1 and $200 in H2. Begins 1/1/24 for existing cardholders
  • $50 statement credit every quarter when a ticket is purchased from any airline or AmexTravel.
    No airline selection required. Technically incidentals are ineligible, but it may depend on how they post. Travel agencies ineligible.
    New counter is already showing in Amex login
  • CLEAR Plus $189 credit per calendar year
  • $800 Cell phone insurance with $50 deductible
  • National Car Executive status
  • New physical card design
  • Annual fee increased from $450 to $550. For existing cardholders, this is effective 2/1/2024
Ending benefits:
  • $250 annual airline incidentals end 12/31/2023
  • $250 credit at Hilton Resorts ends 12/31/2023
  • Priority pass membership enrollment ends 1/31/2024. Must enroll by phone. If you enrolled before 2/1/2023 membership continues through 1/31/2024. If enrolled after, membership continues through 10/31/2024
Additional notes:

Print Wikipost

Hilton Aspire refresh October 2023

Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
Hilton Aspire refresh October 2023

I didn't see a thread on this so wanted to post some interesting changes I noticed while checking my Aspire account this evening. Seems Amex/Hilton may be making some changes to the Aspire benefits for 2024

$400 Hilton Resort Credit:

Get up to $200 in statement credits semi-annually for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts on your Hilton Aspire Card. That's up to $400 back annually.

(Annual credit increased by $150 but can only be used for $200 in resort spend semi annually)

$200 Flight Credit:

Get up to $50 in statement credits each quarter, for a total of up to $200 back each year, on flight purchases made directly with an airline or through amextravel using your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card.

($50 per quarter in airfare credits vs $250 in annual airline fee reimbursments)

I also noticed that the lounge access/Priority Pass sign up was gone which now has me wondering if they're cutting lounge access in 2024.

Anyone else notice any changes on their Hilton Amex card benefits?
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Yes, I am seeing the same.

Wonder if the Platinum will switch to a similar flight credit scheme.

Is this new for the Aspire? (I have it on my Amex Plat, so not particularly useful)

$189 CLEAR Plus Credit
Breeze through security with CLEARPlus at 50+ airports nationwide and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your Membership (subject to auto-renewal) when you use your Card.‡
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by drchrysler
Looks like there are free night certificates at $30k and $60k spend. (You can get an extra one this year if you spend $30k between now and the end of the year.)

Also, the Hilton Surpass is getting a $50 quarterly credit (good at any Hilton hotel I think?) and a 4x bonus category for online purchases.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
When looking at all available cards in an incognito window, the base Amex seems to be the only one on offer. Perhaps because the changes for the Surpass and Aspire haven’t quite percolated through the system yet?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:48 am

https://www.americanexpress.com/cont...10-19-2023.pdf

Aspire card AF will increase $100 ($450 -> $550), Surpass by $55 ($95 -> $150).
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:55 am

I didn't see a thread on this so wanted to post some interesting changes I noticed while checking my Aspire account this evening. Seems Amex/Hilton may be making some changes to the Aspire benefits for 2024

$400 Hilton Resort Credit:

Get up to $200 in statement credits semi-annually for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts on your Hilton Aspire Card. That's up to $400 back annually.

(Annual credit increased by $150 but can only be used for $200 in resort spend semi annually)

$200 Flight Credit:

Get up to $50 in statement credits each quarter, for a total of up to $200 back each year, on flight purchases made directly with an airline or through amextravel using your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card.

($50 per quarter in airfare credits vs $250 in annual airline fee reimbursments)

I also noticed that the lounge access/Priority Pass sign up was gone which now has me wondering if they're cutting lounge access in 2024.

Flight purchases I don't mind, especially as I also have the Plat so an additional $250 in incidental purchases were always a pain to use (and the 'loopholes' on either card to get things like airfare out of it could always be closed and a clawback of prior purchases done like that - Amex has done it before). Plus I did the Frontier status match for some leisure travel next year so worst comes to worst I can likely do a quick weekend trip using some of these credits

Resort credit is always a pain to use - there isn't much to use it on and most of the Hilton resorts are not for me (I prefer upscale All-inclusives for a resort and most of the Hilton AIs are a step or 2 down from that), so about neutral on that one.

Loss of Priority Pass isn't much, although I expect there is a niche group on the Surpass who had it for the 10 free visits

Annual fee increase is annoying, but may pay it if they keep the annual free night - will have to see if any other benefits change.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:20 am

Let me guess, family language added here too?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by nall

My bad, did read it wrong...free night upon renewal, free night #2 after 30K spend, free night #3 after 60K spend.

I still don't like having to have resort charges twice a year (we barely were able to eke out one every year), even with the increase.

And same with the airline credit, our travel is more sporadic than a steady stream of flights with charges that qualify. I can see a lot of breakage here.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Oct 19, 2023 at 5:58 am
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Loss of Priority Pass isn't much, although I expect there is a niche group on the Surpass who had it for the 10 free visits.
I just have the Surpass, but this morning Priority Pass has been expunged from the online benefits list there too.

It was a mediocre benefit, but I liked it when it worked (maybe three or four times per year). I wonder when the expiry date for access is. My PP "card" shows expiry of February 2026 -- will they honor that?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
As a long time Aspire holder (converted from the original Citi Reserve card), I think I'm going with the Surpass

Sad to drop from Diamond to Gold (more of a mental thing than actual loss of benefits)

The + $50 fee is made up by having the $50x4=$200 hotel credit, even if you just use it once (which you would obviously be doing if you have a certificate)

$15K spend is reasonable.

I don't travel enough to trigger all the flight credits on the Aspire, I was only justifying it by using the additional collection trick to trigger the $250 airline credit for a flight, seems doing this quarterly would now be too much risk

I wonder if any of the cards are physical METAL like the Delta ones
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:07 am

Since the Priority Pass sign-up is already missing, it seems cut effective today. Maybe they'll allow sign-up by phone since that seems harsh.

P.S. Sister thread here.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by drchrysler (Post # 1)
​​​​​
Originally Posted by nall (Post # 5)
Card . . . Resort . . . Air . . . . . Annual Fee
Old: . . . $250 . . . . $250 . . . . $450 ("+$50")
New: . . $400 . . . . $200 . . . . $550 ("+$50")
​​​​​​
Essentially, Hilton is making Aspire AmEx cardholders stay and fly more often to gain the same "$50 net profit", excluding free nights.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Oct 19, 2023 at 6:15 am
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If my AF billing date is in Nov, should I expect to be charged the old $450 or new $550?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
My bad, did read it wrong...free night upon renewal, free night #2 after 30K spend, free night #3 after 60K spend.

I still don't like having to have resort charges twice a year (we barely were able to eke out one every year), even with the increase.

And same with the airline credit, our travel is more sporadic than a steady stream of flights with charges that qualify. I can see a lot of breakage here.
I dont see the free night on renewal on the Aspire Cardholder Agreement posted. Where do you see it?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:20 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Priority Pass has been expunged from the online benefits list there too.
It's better to read the terms than to rely on the advertising copy.

ASPIRE: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

Effective February 1, 2024, the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card will no longer offer a complimentary membership to the Priority Pass Select program. Through January 31, 2024, you may still enroll in the benefit by calling the American Express customer service number on the back of your Card. If you enrolled in the Priority Pass Select program on or before January 31, 2023, your Priority Pass membership will continue through January 31, 2024 and will be cancelled as of February 1, 2024. If you enrolled in the Priority Pass Select program between February 1, 2023 and January 31, 2024, your membership will continue through October 31, 2024 and will be cancelled as of November 1, 2024.
SURPASS: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

​​​​​​​Effective February 1, 2024, the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card will no longer offer a complimentary membership to the Priority Pass Select program. Through January 31, 2024, you may still enroll in the benefit by calling the American Express customer service number on the back of your Card. If you enrolled in the Priority Pass Select program on or before January 31, 2023, your Priority Pass membership will continue through January 31, 2024 and will be cancelled as of February 1, 2024. If you enrolled in the Priority Pass Select program between February 1, 2023 and January 31, 2024, your membership will continue through October 31, 2024 and will be cancelled as of November 1, 2024.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.