Centurion Lounge food quality

Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
With the price of chicken these days, I'm surprised they haven't switched over to pork.

Chicken Breast/Thighs are pushing $9-10/lb. where I'm at, and Pork Chops are $7.99.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
For dinner, the standard CL meal is a chicken thigh, some kind of vegatable and some kind of rice, along with soups. I've seen this meal at JFK, MIA, LGA recently.

In contrast, the NYC Delta SkyClubs often have salmon, a variety of sides, and also a variety of cold options (including sandwiches).

Overall, I for me, the CL used to be miles superior in terms of food. I remember going to the LGA CL and seeing a lot of effort put into the food, desserts, presentation. That era is gone, and CL food may or may not be better than an airline club depending on the location. Given the growth in access to the club, it is what it is, but it it's a noticeable trend
SPN Lifer, Mama, happychic and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Your request of AX is exactly what it is doing - focusing on the bottom lines, i.e., the cheapest edible animal proteins that the customers will typically eat. I know your premise was to the contrary, but AX is doing what you asked!
Salient point.

You're right, so long as their stock price keeps going up, I'll not only deal with the chicken but also learn to love it! One should always have his priorities straight and increasing shareholders' equity should always be the primary objective of any private for profit enterprise.

Amex CL Chefs - Why not try Chicken a la King? Seems cheap enough, actually has some taste, and you can make almost any cheap starch taste ok by drowning it.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Visconti
Salient point.

You're right, so long as their stock price keeps going up, I'll not only deal with the chicken but also learn to love it! One should always have his priorities straight and increasing shareholders' equity should always be the primary objective of any private for profit enterprise.

Amex CL Chefs - Why not try Chicken a la King? Seems cheap enough, actually has some taste, and you can make almost any cheap starch taste ok by drowning it.
The menus are "crafted" by local celebrity chefs. You did mean "Poulet Royale," didn't you?
Vaclav likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Polytonic
With the price of chicken these days, I'm surprised they haven't switched over to pork.

Chicken Breast/Thighs are pushing $9-10/lb. where I'm at, and Pork Chops are $7.99.
Many people cant eat pork but can eat chicken
Old Feb 10, 2023, 12:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ryu2
Many people cant eat pork but can eat chicken
Many people cant eat pork but can eat beef. But no, beef is to expensive for Amex CL.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Don't have a [sacred] cow!
Old Feb 10, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM
SEA was fantastic. At JFK, I've only had the morning menu and they are alright.

I'm surprised that there's no Centurion Lounge @ ATL.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by golfr
SEA was fantastic. At JFK, I've only had the morning menu and they are alright.

Because the Delta SkyClub at ATL has better food.
Mama likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by SP03
Because the Delta SkyClub at ATL has better food.
ATL is ok. I'd put SEA, LAX, ORD, JFK, SFO, HNL all above ATL.

ATL could use TWO Centurion Lounges.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 5:57 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by golfr

There will be: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...oming-atl.html
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mama
Many people cant eat pork but can eat beef. But no, beef is to expensive for Amex CL.
Unless you have an allergy to pork, everybody can, some choose not to.

The IAH CL frequently has a shredded beef entree that is served with a green salsa that is rather tasty, so Amex doesn't have a chicken or nothing type rule. As always it depends on the particular lounge.
Eastbay1K, SPN Lifer and golfr like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.