Amex upgrade process for DL cards.

Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG
Amex upgrade process for DL cards.

This might belong to a previous thread, but this morning I called for an issue and at the end of the call, where they promote things, I was offered a DL Platinum upgrade, 15000 miles and 100.00 statement credit if spend 2000.00 within 6 months. She asked me if I want to think about it, I said yes and we ended the call. Well she obviously hit declined because the offer is gone now, and the promotion spiel at the end of the call is the normal add an additional user again.

How do I get back to that offer? Is it a wait 24hrs kind of thing? Sorry if this is addressed in a previous thread. If it has, please point it out. Thank you for your time!

Last edited by Boogywoogy; Sep 9, 2022 at 6:29 pm
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:10 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
....she obviously hit declined because the offer is gone....
Not necessarily. This is a standard American Express marketing gambit, make an offer once and then remove it. This "trains" us to accept the first offer. The offer will probably cycle back, but it could be a long while. When you called back did you speak with anyone about the offer?
SPN Lifer and Boogywoogy like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Not necessarily. This is a standard American Express marketing gambit, make an offer once and then remove it. This "trains" us to accept the first offer. The offer will probably cycle back, but it could be a long while. When you called back did you speak with anyone about the offer?
I did and they said only the standard promo was available and they had not heard of the one I'm referring to.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Resulting in CFPB Complaint

So, given the situation and the context surrounding the call, I feel it is deceptive to throw out an offer to someone who just got out of bed in a panic; say it's ok to think about it, and then yesterday I'm told I declined the offer?? I filed a CFPB complaint claiming UDAAP. What are the odds of it resulting in my favor? I've never had to do one before and I've been doing credit card stuff since before the CFPB was formed. Thank you.

Last edited by Boogywoogy; Oct 4, 2022 at 3:24 pm
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:08 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

....someone who just got out of bed in a panic....
My reading on the first post is that you initiated the call. How is American Express to know your sleep pattern or state or mind?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
My reading on the first post is that you initiated the call. How is American Express to know your sleep pattern or state or mind?
I hear where you're coming from mia, but that doesn't really answer my question. Do you think it would be successful? The agent said it was ok to think about it and call back and apparently it wasn't.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Smile

This is an update. After waiting until I earned the 100.00 flight credit, I wanted to upgrade to the platinum. I was going to take the standard offer of 10,000 miles after 1,000.00 spent in six months. Then I figured I'd call a number I found that gets me to the upgrade area. They said 30,000 miles with 3,000 spent in six months. The were asking for a code that I didn't have nor could find, so they said don't worry about. Any who, I got a better deal than was being offered last year and I feel a little better about this company now.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:45 pm
mia

.... The were asking for a code that I didn't have nor could find, so they said don't worry about. ....
Have the bonus miles posted to your account?
Old Aug 10, 2023, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Have the bonus miles posted to your account?
No not yet, I have not met the spending requirement. But a link was sent to me via text with more details of the upgrade with a button to cancel, and in those details it did confirm the bonus. I took a screen shot of it too lol. So, we shall see. I will update the thread when and if they post.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
This is an update.
What happened to your CFPB complaint?
Old Aug 10, 2023, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What happened to your CFPB complaint?
LOL!!! Waste of time, unless this is the result of it, which I doubt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.