Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

90K Points for Amex Gold or 125K+ Points for Amex Plat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Hello, I have an Amex Blue Cash Everyday card and as an Amex customer, I just received a targeted offer saying I was pre-approved for the Amex Gold with a 90K MR Point bonus offered (terms and conditions say this offer will expire by the end of Sept). I was originally planning on getting the Amex Plat next, for which I would get a 125K MR Point bonus, but that was before I got this offer for the Gold card. What would you recommend that I do? Do you think it's best to lock in the 90K bonus, or the 125K bonus? How standard / unique are these current sign-up bonuses? It will take me at least a few months to hit the minimum spend threshold, and I don't know what offers will be available in the future. Thanks in advance FTers!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Both are quite regular. I've been getting 90K offer for AMEX Gold as my referral for about a good 4-5 months as well as the AMEX Platinum 125K
rbrad likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by rbrad
… the 90K bonus, or the 125K bonus? How standard / unique are these current sign-up bonuses? It will take me at least a few months to hit the minimum spend threshold, and …
The aggressive strategy would be to apply for both, AmEx limitations do not prohibit it (90 days minimum between applications for the SAME card). Understood “few months to hit the minimum spend”, perhaps estimated tax payments (as many of us do) might help?

BTW, based on many datapoints here (other threads) you might start receiving more offers, so called targeted NLL (no lifetime language) offers for biz Gold and biz Plat. Some people have managed to get a biz Plat (almost) every 90 days and a biz Gold (almost) every 90 days.
rbrad and Mama like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:36 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
The aggressive strategy would be to apply for both, AmEx limitations do not prohibit it (90 days minimum between applications for the SAME card). Understood “few months to hit the minimum spend”, perhaps estimated tax payments (as many of us do) might help?

BTW, based on many datapoints here (other threads) you might start receiving more offers, so called targeted NLL (no lifetime language) offers for biz Gold and biz Plat. Some people have managed to get a biz Plat (almost) every 90 days and a biz Gold (almost) every 90 days.
I have 2 Biz Plats only opened for SUBS. I got another email offer for 150k points if I open another. And I got the Gold email too for 90k.

how many cards does AMEX want to give me? Haha
rbrad likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by 355F1
... how many cards does AMEX want to give me? ...
I have the exact same question, just posted a slight variation on AmEx Targeted NLL CC Offers.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you only want one, I'd pick the one that offered me the most value. Gold is a food card; Plat is a coupon book, and somewhat of a travel card.
Dr Jabadski and Mama like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

always check here too
resy.com/amex-offers
125k plat 10x restaurant
75k gold
vs 100k and 60k on amex site
resy is owned by amex since 2019

when amex had 10x shop small, resy had 15x
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:34 pm

It really depends on how much you will spend & how you will use the card. Personally I will choose the Platinum one.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
The 90K MR for the Personal Gold isn't a bad offer. But 125k for the Platinum is. Referrals are up to 150k MR right now (at least that what I see when I check my referral link).
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:27 pm

Recently I signed up for the Business Gold card directly through the AMEX website. Stupidly, I didn't do my research and signed up at a 70k offer on 10k spend. That same day, I received a targeted offer email from AMEX offering 90k points on 10k spend. If I reach out to AMEX, any chance they'd honor the 90k that they offered me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.