Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

amex buy now pay later..better options through chase and apple card in Sept?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:14 am
Original Poster

on my amex platinum, i used the buy now, pay later in monthly installments for a jetblue flight from last december, and it had a monthly fee. i noticed on my chase sapphire preferred card, there is a similar option to pay over time, with no monthly fee, and i believe apple pay will have the same option later this year to split up payments with no fees or interest...maybe avoiding amex is the way to go when possibly choosing this payment method?

thanks
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
1. Have you not seen the free Plan It offers from American Express?

$0 Fee “Plan It” Offers

2. No company is going to lend money with no fee, permanently. These are all introductory offers designed to get people accustomed to spending money they do not have.
dw and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
All my CHASE cards have something like this, but they all do have a fee.. small fee, but fee nonetheless.. I wonder why you think your chase cards do not? Maybe you have some promo? Indeed, APPLE CARD is going to offer something like this in the fall, but details are still lacking
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Chase does have some offers with the fee waived. Discussion here: My Chase Plan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.