Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saks $50 Credit Reversed

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Saks $50 Credit Reversed

Noticed a $50 "Shop Saks with Platinum Credit" Charge on my Plat card. Wasn't a credit, was a charge. Contacted Live Chat, and they said it was a charge to Saks, which it obviously wasn't. Finally after 10 minutes of convincing him that it wasn't, he checked and realized that it was a reversal of the $50 credit from an earlier purchase this year. He said that refunded the item and that's why the charge was reversed.

I did not get a refund of the item and could even proved it. Asked for a supervisor and requested that he go over my bill to see if there's a refund on the purchase. Obviously there wasn't. I also gave my my order number where he could check on the saks website that there wasn't a refund. He refused both these things and basically suggest that I was SOL and that Saks had to fix it. I asked him how, and he said just contact Saks with no other details. Basically there isn't a way to fix this, even though I had full evidence there was no refund.

Anyone else go through this situation and is there anything that can be done? Thanks.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
That’s what I have come to expect from Amex customer service in recent years. In addition to several credit issues from their temporary Covid offers, I had two other issues that all ended in disappointing results when trying to get standard customer service to deal with it, and other recent threads here reported similar non-results.

It’s only $50, so I would send a letter straight to the top and let them know that their customer service managers are mishandling customer service issues. Spending a ton of time escalating it slowly up the chain makes little sense to me.

https://www.elliott.org/company-cont...rican-express/
Old May 21, 2022, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Your purchase wasn't a $50 gift card (which sometimes is credited) or an item that was returned to a physical store or one of the other things that have resulted in clawbacks in the past?
$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)
Personal Platinum (USA) Saks 5th Ave $50 credit Jan-Jun and Jul-Dec each year.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Your purchase wasn't a $50 gift card (which sometimes is credited) or an item that was returned to a physical store or one of the other things that have resulted in clawbacks in the past?
$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)
Personal Platinum (USA) Saks 5th Ave $50 credit Jan-Jun and Jul-Dec each year.
Nope, it was just a child's toy. Marble run.
Old May 22, 2022, 1:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bobu
.... Saks had to fix it.....
Have you contacted Saks? The credits are issued by Saks, not by American Express. Your credit was reversed by Saks, not by American Express.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mia
Have you contacted Saks? The credits are issued by Saks, not by American Express. Your credit was reversed by Saks, not by American Express.
What are the chances that a random CS rep at Saks even knows about the Amex $50 credit benefit and can track down the root cause?
Old May 22, 2022, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What are the chances that a random CS rep at Saks even knows about the Amex $50 credit benefit and can track down the root cause?
I'd say about zero.
notquiteaff and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Better than the probability of a spontaneous refund after doing nothing. The front line agent only needs to know how to pass the inquiry to someone with more knowledge.
Old May 22, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
This appears to be from 2021. In August 1st week, I had brought something for $98.76 and had got $50 credit soon after. But I had to return it in end of September. Looks like they clawed back $49.93 on 5/18
dw likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Better than the probability of a spontaneous refund after doing nothing. The front line agent only needs to know how to pass the inquiry to someone with more knowledge.
Maybe, if Saks has someone with more knowledge or someone who takes more interest in Amex customers than Amex’ own customer service reps and managers. The way I look at, Amex promised the OP $50 twice a year as a benefit, and it’s up to Amex to deliver. Saks never promised me anything when I made a purchase from them.
Old May 22, 2022, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you still dispute the original purchase? I mean if Amex insists it was returned, and there's no credit on your account, then that seems the most "logical" thing to do.
bobu likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Can you still dispute the original purchase? I mean if Amex insists it was returned, and there's no credit on your account, then that seems the most "logical" thing to do.
LOL, haven't thought of this. Next level thinking. Problem is i have like 1M MR points, i rather not take the risk to do anything with the account. I will just go out and spend another $50 on something else.
notquiteaff and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.