Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Living experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Personal Centurion, Amex Business Centurion(cancelled), Merril+, CitiGold, JP Morgan Palladium
Centurion Living experiences

Has anyone attended or will be attending the Centurion Living experiences? Wondering what the feedback is on these. Worth the time/flight/hotel to attend?
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: CO Plat (UA 1K), DL Plat, AXP Cent, FS By Invitatn
Hi there,

We attended the Yo-Yo Ma concert in New York and really enjoyed it. There was a reception beforehand with cocktails and appetizers; the concert itself was 45 minutes long (including his commentary on specific passages of music), followed by audience Q&A.

I’d say about 200, 250 people were there. I think it was a great format. What would have made it even more memorable was if there was a meet and greet with Yo-Yo afterwards but this was probably not possible with Covid. We still had to mask up in the concert hall and show vaccination cards.

I was glad I went, and we did travel to attend the event.

I’d love to hear other impressions of these events too.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I went to one of the Salman Rushdie talks in NYC. I very much enjoyed it and am glad I went. It was a much smaller group of attendees than Yo-Yo Ma. Maybe about 40 or so. It was well organized, with free flowing Champagne before and after the event. And the author joined us for the after-reception for plenty of one-on-one chats.

Everyone was well dressed and intelligent. I noticed that they never made a "turn off all cell phone ringers" announcement like you have to do these days. And yet not a single cell phone ring was heard. Smart crowd!
MSPeconomist and Ghoulish like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Personal Centurion, Amex Business Centurion(cancelled), Merril+, CitiGold, JP Morgan Palladium
Planning on attending the YoYo Ma event this weekend for the “Intro to Classical Music”. Hoping it would be similar to the Salman Rushdie event where the artist will come out and take time to meet the crowd. Looking forward to it and will let everyone know how it goes…
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by DMDortho
Planning on attending the YoYo Ma event this weekend for the “Intro to Classical Music”. Hoping it would be similar to the Salman Rushdie event where the artist will come out and take time to meet the crowd. Looking forward to it and will let everyone know how it goes…
I was there too! How did you like it? I thought the program was very interesting and such a unique experience. The venue was also spectacular and perfect for such a longer lecture because the backdrop was fascinating as well.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went to the Dianne Reeves concert in NYC. It was a bit different in the reception as they had both Champagne and hors d'oeuvres. There wasn't a lot of people so there ended up being enough food to make a dinner out of it. However there was no after-party this time.

After the last song, Madame Reeves and her band stood beside the stage to greet anyone who wanted an autograph or photo. It was a very good experience overall.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Latkesanddimsum
I was there too! How did you like it? I thought the program was very interesting and such a unique experience. The venue was also spectacular and perfect for such a longer lecture because the backdrop was fascinating as well.
Program was lovely and the space was appropriate for the small group size. It’s a wonderful experience and we loved the whole ambiance and experience! Would definitely rate this a must attend event…too bad it was only for those two days. Seems like there were many empty spaces not occupied…
The only disappointment was we were not allowed to have photographs taken with the musicians(Yo-Yo Ma and his friends)…they were ushered out before we could go up to the stage area.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:20 pm

I would have loved a quick chat or a photograph too. Hopefully they can have another iteration.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I enjoyed an excellent Living event in Paris this weekend. I don't know how the wine events were in NYC, but this one was really well done. It was in the fabulous newly renovated Lutetia hotel. And we enjoyed a really good set of a dozen quality wines. Plus a lovely lunch. And an interesting panel of speakers. By far the best Living event I attended.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
I'm poking around on the Centurion website and can't find anything about this. I was getting ready to book an international flight online at the Amex website and saw that I was eligible for a Centurion Living flight discount because (I guess?) there is a Centurion Living event planned at my destination. Is there a list posted on the website?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 8:45 pm

I think you are confused. You should have an email long ago. Also when you log into centurion site you will see it

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
I'm poking around on the Centurion website and can't find anything about this. I was getting ready to book an international flight online at the Amex website and saw that I was eligible for a Centurion Living flight discount because (I guess?) there is a Centurion Living event planned at my destination. Is there a list posted on the website?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Centurion
Also when you log into centurion site you will see it
Actually, not true. At least in the US.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:36 pm

Look again. You will find it. The website pages are kind of stupid and hard to navigate. Amex could have made it clean.

Originally Posted by stimpy
Actually, not true. At least in the US.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:38 am

Check your email today they have two events in USA
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, I see that they moved it to a new spot on the site. Also if you do a search on the site there is no mention of it. But thanks, I see it now. And that reminds me I booked Salif Keïta for next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.