FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Centurion Lounge at LAS [Opened February 2013] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/2068490-centurion-lounge-las-opened-february-2013-a.html)

marconess Jan 28, 2022 11:30 am

Centurion Lounge at LAS [Opened February 2013]

Any reports on how busy the LAS has been recently? Have never been to the lounge so not sure if it's rammed and I'm better off at my airline lounge? Do they operate a waiting list?
I'm heading around lunchtime one day and early evening another.

Cat88L3 Jan 28, 2022 11:48 am

Originally Posted by marconess (Post 33943709)
Any reports on how busy the LAS has been recently? Have never been to the lounge so not sure if it's rammed and I'm better off at my airline lounge? Do they operate a waiting list?

I was at the lounge 3 weeks ago evening before NYE...Not busy at all. I love the LAS lounge..I think it's worth it. I've been there 3 separate times and I've never had to use the waiting list

Troopers Jan 28, 2022 12:01 pm

I've been there 3 times in the last few weeks. It's definitely busy, prob 80% full each visit. The app said very full each time but I never had to wait nor had any difficulties finding a table.

Yahtzee Jan 28, 2022 2:02 pm

Last time I was (Sunday morning around 9 or 10), there was a line of 7-8 people waiting to get in as I left.

Visconti Feb 10, 2022 12:32 pm

While not making any predictions here, I have a feeling Vegas is returning to normal pretty soon. So, thought I'd offer my unscientific views on when this lounge will be the most busy--anecdotal but viewed after over 100 visits.

11 am - 1 pm on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays are the times where overcrowding may cause a line. Until the guest access policy takes hold next year, these are the times where I'd be most prepared to experience the unpleasant limited space scenario.

Also, in early March, probably on 6th or 7th, LAS will return to 5 am - 9 pm operating hours, and hopefully eventually to the 4:30 am - 11 pm pre-covid hours. Still, in my humble opinion, the overall best CL and staff in the entire Amex portfolio.

marconess Feb 10, 2022 5:44 pm

As a point of reference, popped in today at 12pm (Thursday) with no queue and plenty of space but the odd queue for the bar.

jamesteroh Feb 11, 2022 4:22 pm

Delta announced they are building a skyclub in Terminal D at LAS. Hopefully that will cut down on some of the crowding.

https://pointsmilesandmartinis.board...s-las-airport/

RoutingWonk Feb 17, 2022 12:11 am

They added live updates to the crowding of the centurion lounges to the Amex Phone app so you can check if its worth going to when you're in the airline lounge.

marconess Feb 17, 2022 4:32 am

Saw this publicised but can't seem to ever view it in my app for any of the lounges (Amex UK Plat if maybe that makes a difference?)

sdix Mar 1, 2022 4:09 pm

Went to the lounge Sunday. Went thru the app check in process. In big red letters it said lounge is close to full.

Get there, no problem getting in, usual courteous greeting at the front desk.

Lounge was maybe 3/4 full. Plenty of tables and chairs.

Travelling solo so I sat at the bar. Ordered a drink and the glass was hot. Not warm but hot. Bartender said all they had were straight from the dishwasher and nothing she could (or would?) do. Barback overheard and tried to chill a glass for me but it was still warm.

A warm Negroni is not a good drink

scubadu Mar 1, 2022 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by sdix (Post 34036834)
<snip>A warm Negroni is not a good drink

On that, we can certainly agree.

Regards

bworrell Mar 14, 2022 11:29 am

I just noticed that hours were changed on the website (https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/las/) to 5AM to 9PM.

Great to have it open early again! (And later, but earlier helps me most.)

Visconti Mar 14, 2022 11:34 am

Originally Posted by bworrell (Post 34074672)
I just noticed that hours were changed on the website (https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/las/) to 5AM to 9PM.

Great to have it open early again! (And later, but earlier helps me most.)

Yeah!

I'm hoping a return to 10 or 11 pm when those SE Asia flights start to from LAS again. By the way, very crowded last night (it's a Sunday, their fun day) and saw the waiting list for the first time for quite a while. It was bad enough where they decided to seal off some added "reserved" sections. Kind of noticed it last month, but you could pick up on vibe that Vegas was roaring back.

Though generally I don't like crowds, it's nonetheless good to see!

luv2ctheworld Mar 17, 2022 12:22 pm

Does anyone have any recent experience as far as meals/food grab and go bags? Not sure if that is an option there or not.

TIA.

Yahtzee Mar 17, 2022 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld (Post 34083994)
Does anyone have any recent experience as far as meals/food grab and go bags? Not sure if that is an option there or not.

TIA.

I have never seen takeout containers or meals provided/made available at the lounge.