Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Feb 10, 22, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Sep 17, 22, 3:24 am

Programs: United Premier Gold
I'll be flying through SFO in mid-October, and I'd much rather buy a salad from a terminal shop than a grab and go sandwich of dubious origin. Maybe the fruit will be passable. Who knows. (I've had some good salads at SFO before, though.)
Old Sep 17, 22, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by cczzll View Post
I'll be flying through SFO in mid-October, and I'd much rather buy a salad from a terminal shop than a grab and go sandwich of dubious origin. Maybe the fruit will be passable. Who knows. (I've had some good salads at SFO before, though.)
It's free since you got a Platinum so what's there to complain about? I'll be back at SFO next week. Going to check it out. If it turns out to be a disappointment, then that's what my priority pass restaurant credits are for.
Old Sep 17, 22, 4:12 am

Programs: United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
It's free since you got a Platinum so what's there to complain about? I'll be back at SFO next week. Going to check it out. If it turns out to be a disappointment, then that's what my priority pass restaurant credits are for.
I have food allergies, so it's unlikely they'll have a wide enough variety of items I could have. I assume it's probably one or two sandwich types. I think that's fair to be bummed about.
Old Sep 18, 22, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have food allergies, so it's unlikely they'll have a wide enough variety of items I could have. I assume it's probably one or two sandwich types. I think that's fair to be bummed about.
​​​​​​
I'll report back in a few days. I'm going to be back at SFO.
Old Sep 18, 22, 11:07 am

​​​​​​
I'll report back in a few days. I'm going to be back at SFO.
Sure, I'll do that too. Now that Ts 2, 3 and Int'l G are all connected, it's easy enough. Regarding food allergies, there's a Lark Creek in T2 near the AS lounge that has a pretty nice burger. Far as I know, no one is allergic to beef or potatoes?
Flying Machine and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 19, 22, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
I will try to post photos, but I think there was zero selection. I arrived at 5 minutes before "closing" and after the normal checkin process I received a paper bag with a sandwich, BBQ chips, a mini-orange, Grandma's cookies, a wetnap and napkin and an aluminum water bottle (no plastic per SFO requirements).

I know I will be in the minority here but I see this as a vast improvement to the now-closed lounge as there was no waitlist, no queue, and prepackaged food that I could bring onto the airplane. Of course, if you want free booze you'll have to find another lounge or dining establishment...
Old Sep 24, 22, 4:56 am

Didn't know about the grab and go option, by found my UK Amex Platinum was good to use the Virgin Lounge, which is pretty good, TBH
Old Sep 28, 22, 4:41 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
What's going on here with the striking food service workers? Do they still have food?
Old Sep 28, 22, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
What's going on here with the striking food service workers? Do they still have food?
There's a strike? I was there a little more than a week ago and didn't see anyone striking at the lounge.
Old Sep 28, 22, 6:58 pm

There's a strike? I was there a little more than a week ago and didn't see anyone striking at the lounge.
The food workers started a strike earlier this week, so you wouldn't have seen anything when you were there.
Old Sep 28, 22, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion View Post
The food workers started a strike earlier this week, so you wouldn't have seen anything when you were there.
Is there a picket line outside the airport? So no more takeouts?
Old Sep 28, 22, 7:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Is there a picket line outside the airport? So no more takeouts?
there is: https://sf.eater.com/2022/9/27/23375...ts-open-closed
Strike by SFO food workers - many concessions closed
Due to service workers strike 27 Sept 2022-limited F&B, UCs &retail operations at SFO
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 28, 22, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had no idea!
Old Sep 29, 22, 11:57 pm

SFO labor dispute is over

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...-deal-reached/
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 30, 22, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was reported earlier today. Good news!

Search this Thread