Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm not in the SFO CL much (visited twice last year, this is my first visit this year) but I'm a regular at the CLT CL and often at DFW, PHL, LGA and SEA. Compared to those lounges I considered this food spread to be above average.

As to the rest of your post I think you're being a touch hyperbolic. I've never been "disgusted" by an airline lounge or the people in it.
While I’ve been outspoken about the SFO CL in the past. Mostly regarding their managers. However, I totally agree with your statement and thoughts
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Mama
How often do you go to SFO Cen lounge? Their food is the same everyday for the last 5 years. It's disgusting. The crowd gobble down the food and drink like they are in a refugee camp. And the workers push the food supply carts through the front entrance, stacking up food supply by the doorway, by the restrooms, by the bar table. Try afternoon, you will be disgusted.
Don't go anymore then.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Their food is the same everyday for the last 5 years.
I was in the DEN lounge recently. The guy in front of me on the buffet line commented to his wife "This is the same food they had last week." I said "I hope they reheated it."
SPN Lifer, Boraxo, Mama and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lsquare
Don't go anymore then.
Thank goodness I am not based in SFO anymore. I rarely fly domestic now. When I fly international, I use airline lounge. The better ones these days are United Paloris, Delta One, American Flagship. These lounges have very restricted entry rule (business class ticket holders only) to prevent crowding, so they can provide better food and lounge experience.
I posted in other threads that I wish Amex Plat increase their annual fee to >$1000, or make Cen Lounge access as a separate benefit for additional annual fee.
As it stands now, the Amex CL is more of a economy lounge.
Boraxo likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Aug 30, 2022 at 5:41 pm
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Steve M
I was in the DEN lounge recently. The guy in front of me on the buffet line commented to his wife "This is the same food they had last week." I said "I hope they reheated it."
Please excuse my bad choice of words. I should edit it to say "the same food choice for the past 5 years or more".
I hope this make you feel better about CL now. Thank you for your humor.

Last edited by Mama; Aug 30, 2022 at 5:52 pm
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Thank goodness I am not based in SFO anymore. I rarely fly domestic now. When I fly international, I use airline lounge. The better ones these days are United Paloris, Delta One, American Flagship. These lounges have very restricted entry rule (business class ticket holders only) to prevent crowding, so they can provide better food and lounge experience.
I posted in other threads that I wish Amex Plat increase their annual fee to >$1000, or make Cen Lounge access as a separate benefit for additional annual fee.
As it stands now, the Amex CL is more of a economy lounge.
At least for American, I wouldn’t say they are very restrictive. OW Sapphire and Emerald get access regardless of cabin ticketed. In addition to business class on not only international but also select domestic transcons, so they can get just as busy as CL.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The better ones these days are United Paloris, Delta One, American Flagship. These lounges have very restricted entry rule (business class ticket holders only) to prevent crowding, so they can provide better food and lounge experience.
Delta One lounges? Which one of those have you visited?

As already noted, you've misstated the entry requirements for the AA Flagship lounges.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was at SFO yesterday and the Centurion Lounge closed at 5:30 PM. Apparently, they'll close next week for renovation.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Delta One lounges? Which one of those have you visited?

As already noted, you've misstated the entry requirements for the AA Flagship lounges.
​​​​​​​Is he making things up?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:28 pm
Suspended

All of you who are ready and waiting to jump out to argue...but, apparently nobody can contest my statement above about the state of SFO CL.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All of you who are ready and waiting to jump out to argue...but, apparently nobody can contest my statement above about the state of SFO CL.
When you're wrong, you're wrong.
IndyHoosier and mildfrequence like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:44 pm
Suspended

I have rest my case on the state of SFO CL, but please feel free to elaborate on this CL. Tell us how much you love the infamous grilled chicken there for the past 5 years.
About United, Delta, AA, perhaps I was wrong on Delta, AA. So I guess this put United Polaris to the top. Is Polaris a nice lounge? I say yes.

Last edited by Mama; Sep 1, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

A few posts have been removed. Write about American Express products, policies and practices, not about each other. The function of a Flyertalk thread is to exchange information and ideas. Please do this respectfully, or do not post.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:49 am

I have rest my case on the state of SFO CL, but please feel free to elaborate on this CL. Tell us how much you love the infamous grilled chicken there for the past 5 years.
About United, Delta, AA, perhaps I was wrong on Delta, AA. So I guess this put United Polaris to the top. Is Polaris a nice lounge? I say yes.
Your criticism of the CL is fair. However, comparing the CL to the Polaris is inappropriate where access is very restrictive compared to the CL.

I expect the CL to be significantly better in Feb when the access is more restrictive and expansion is completed.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:29 pm

Just saw this notice that the lounge is closing for maintenance starting on 9/6 on the SFO Centurion Lounge site. Was looking forward to visiting before my flight next Friday.

The Centurion® Lounge at San Francisco International Airport will be temporarily
closed for maintenance, beginning September 6.

Grab-and-go pre-packaged food and non-alcoholic beverage options will be
provided for eligible Card Members to enjoy, beginning September 12 from
8:00 am – 6:00 pm.

The Centurion Lounge at SFO is providing grab-and-go pre-packaged food options
and limited non-alcoholic beverage options for Card Members to enjoy.

Grab & Go Menu8:00 am - 6:00 pm

Cold Sandwich

Bag of Chips

Protein Bar

Hand Fruit

The Centurion Lounge at SFO is providing limited non-alcoholic beverage
options for Card Members to enjoy, including flavored sparkling or distilled
water and bottled coffee.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Until...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.