Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:27 am

So as an update on a Friday morning @ 8AM, the lounge is an absolute zoo, so much so that I'm seriously considering cancelling my plat card after this visit. I haven't had the food today, but looks standard as in past (eggs, chorizo, probably a scramble of some sort, biscuits, etc.). To be frank, this lounge has always been busy, but the last few times over the previous 4 months have been akin to mayhem. Further, the constant masking police / abrasive demeanor from the staff is borderline rude.

I understand they are building this lounge out further, but with the new $695 annual fee, I'm having a hard time justifying the cost when my main selling point was the lounge. Perhaps when the lounge is fully renovated, I'd re-apply for the card, and I'll wait to see what my retention offer is before cancelling.

I'd still say the food and drink offerings are certainly better than the Delta Sky Club, but the limitations and guest restrictions at the Sky Club are a deterrent for sure. The ambiance and views though at the sky club is much superior to this lounge.

If I were based out of another airport, I'd considering keeping the card, as some of the other Centurion lounges are much superior to this one (DEN, despite it's bad location, IAD, SEA ... haven't been to the others).

Perhaps the only saving grace is the fact that you can now access this lounge from T2 airside, which is solid. But between the new Venture X card that offers Priority Pass restaurant options, a significantly cheaper annual fee, better lounges (although limited), a much easier travel credit, etc. - I don't really think the plat card is worth it.

Just want to temper anyone's expectations going forward with this particular location ... I used to love coming here pre-covid days, particularly for transatlantic flights on UA, LH, Swiss, etc. Any semblance of relaxation here has vanished entirely.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
And pretty much all other days and times as well..
That's a real bummer to hear. I used to look forward to visiting the SFO CL pre-pandemic but sounds like it has become a mess. Oh well, maybe we won't visit after all.

We're flying on UA out of T3. Any recommendations instead of the CL?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by thatsku
That's a real bummer to hear. I used to look forward to visiting the SFO CL pre-pandemic but sounds like it has become a mess. Oh well, maybe we won't visit after all.

We're flying on UA out of T3. Any recommendations instead of the CL?
if I read correctly youre leaving on a Sunday morning, probably wont have too much of an issue at that time as long as you get there close to opening hours. Wish you well, I know what its like to have kids in tow (my son is soon to be 25, and by age 8, I think he was saying what we dont have lounge access)😀
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
if I read correctly youre leaving on a Sunday morning, probably wont have too much of an issue at that time as long as you get there close to opening hours.
Last time were there on a Sunday morning it was pretty crowded by 8 am. Weekends have become the heavy family travel days.

But to OP, no harm in walking by and checking it out. Maybe you'll get lucky.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Last time were there on a Sunday morning it was pretty crowded by 8 am. Weekends have become the heavy family travel days.

But to OP, no harm in walking by and checking it out. Maybe you'll get lucky.

True it won't hurt. We'll be flying out of SFO with a departure time of 11:20am so thinking of arriving at the CL ~9:30am. Sounds like the CL will likely be already packed but we'll try regardless. Fingers crossed!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
here right now and it's a zoo (Friday 4-6pm)... Also very disappointing it is still closing at 7pm...
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by simong
here right now and it's a zoo (Friday 4-6pm)... Also very disappointing it is still closing at 7pm...
Saddened to hear, bar and food cut off early too??
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
how bout the wine thingy?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Good question I really like the wine dispenser, it wasnt available the last few times I was there.

whomever designed that room made a mistake for the placement, cause youre always disturbing the people whom are sitting at the table with their backs facing the front of the machine
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
All the negatives reviews kept us from even trying the Centurion Club in our first SFO layover in years. Used our JPMR card for UC access and quick bite at the Pier. Hopefully club renovation leads to more positive reviews.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Wine all is available - you just need to grab a ticket from the bartender. Wine, however, is nothing special at all ... sub $15 btls, some even $9-$10 at safeway.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
Wine all is available - you just need to grab a ticket from the bartender. Wine, however, is nothing special at all ... sub $15 btls, some even $9-$10 at safeway.
Ouch! They normally have some nice wines in the dispenser. Besides the lower dollar value do you remember any names?
Old May 2, 2022, 9:31 pm

Ouch! They normally have some nice wines in the dispenser. Besides the lower dollar value do you remember any names?
I don't generally drink red wine, particularly in the morning (when I'm usually at the Centurion Lounge), but I do recall seeing Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc Viognier that I buy at Safeway for $12/btl...
Old May 2, 2022, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
I don't generally drink red wine, particularly in the morning (when I'm usually at the Centurion Lounge), but I do recall seeing Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc Viognier that I buy at Safeway for $12/btl...
Thanks for posting! Thats an interesting blend, I bet its actually quite serviceable

https://www.reversewinesnob.com/pine...blanc-viognier
Old May 3, 2022, 4:44 pm

Thanks for posting! Thats an interesting blend, I bet its actually quite serviceable

https://www.reversewinesnob.com/pine...blanc-viognier
Yea I don't want to digress too much, but I actually quite enjoy that wine, just not sure I want it off of a wine wall that is supposedly nice wine...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.