Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Anyone know if the SFO lounge was ever open late enough to be useful for red eyes (ie, UA redeye bank), (ie, pre-COVID), or plans to expand hours to do so at some point?

As I look at booking more travel into spring/summer, seems this could be a good benefit for those heading for destinations served by redeye. Also on a wish list, would be nice if it would be open earlier to serve the early morning bank to the Midwest/east destinations. For me, seeing it open at like 4:30, or as late as 11:30 or so would be ideal. I have a feeling that it would be a good opportunity for those of us to actually make use of the lounge without having to wait so long to get in, which IME is all day from about 7:30am and later.

(and yeah, while on a wish list…improving food quality would be helpful, especially since I visited DEN before this one, so got spoiled…both cappuccino machines at SFO were also broken last time I was there).
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Reaching
I wonder what input the local partner executive chef has into the food menu (Ravi Kapur of Liholiho Yacht Club). If I were the chef, I would be embarrassed by what the SFO CL serves.
They just pay a fee to use his name? I can't imagine he's ever stepped inside and tried or reviewed the menu the past several years. You guys remember that comical show with that celebrity chef--the famous English guy who keeps yelling (can't remember his name)--doing shows where he shows up and helps a restaurant improve? Well, they need a show like this here. Godon Ramsey was his name, I think.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Anyone know if the SFO lounge was ever open late enough to be useful for red eyes (ie, UA redeye bank), (ie, pre-COVID), or plans to expand hours to do so at some point?
Ah, if I recall, they used to be open until 10 pm? LAS as late as 11 pm, which I think is the latest during the pre-pandemic era.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe

As I look at booking more travel into spring/summer, seems this could be a good benefit for those heading for destinations served by redeye. Also on a wish list, would be nice if it would be open earlier to serve the early morning bank to the Midwest/east destinations. For me, seeing it open at like 4:30, or as late as 11:30 or so would be ideal. I have a feeling that it would be a good opportunity for those of us to actually make use of the lounge without having to wait so long to get in, which IME is all day from about 7:30am and later.

(and yeah, while on a wish list…improving food quality would be helpful, especially since I visited DEN before this one, so got spoiled…both cappuccino machines at SFO were also broken last time I was there).
IIRC they were open from 5am to 11pm pre-COVID.
emcampbe and ccna101 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
The breakfast at the SFO lounge is extremely disappointing. The overall experience the last couple months doesn’t seem to be getting better either.

I did walk by the lounge last week and saw they put up walls to start the buildout of the expansion.
Flying Machine and ccna101 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Can I directly access the Centurion lounge through international terminal after the security check? or only be able to access from Terminal 3?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chocotravelguide
Can I directly access the Centurion lounge through international terminal after the security check? or only be able to access from Terminal 3?
International gates in Terminal G are connected airside to Terminal 3 by a connector. The connector on the G side can be found right by the United Polaris lounge.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
IIRC they were open from 5am to 11pm pre-COVID.
Yes, I also remember 11 pm closing.

Food options began to dwindle around an hour or so before closing, IIRC.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
Food options began to dwindle around an hour or so before closing, IIRC.
There was no food at all from 10 pm on.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Can you get there from Terminal 2 post-security? I know the answer used to be no, but I read that a post-security connecter opened. While that was posted by the airport and I hope it's true, I would love a confirmation because it seems too good to be true!

https://www.flysfo.com/media/press-r...ole-lot-easier
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by cpworld
Can you get there from Terminal 2 post-security?
Yes.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Currently sitting in the lounge. Had a 15 minute wait at 6:15 PM. It was the typical crowded scene. Not very relaxing. As typical, the staff is not very friendly. They really need to extend their hours.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Offthegrid
Currently sitting in the lounge. Had a 15 minute wait at 6:15 PM. It was the typical crowded scene. Not very relaxing. As typical, the staff is not very friendly. They really need to extend their hours.
yup, and get the expansion open stat.

Must have almost crossed paths….we tried to get in around 5:45, but had a flight from G boarding at 6:25, and needed to grab food. We were quoted ~30 minute wait time. In fact, waited probably 6-10 minutes in the line downstairs just to find that out.
SPN Lifer and Vaclav like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:06 pm

Hey gang - I don't post much but wanted to get you guys' experience on crowdedness on Sunday mornings. I plan on taking the fam (wife + two kids) to the lounge before we depart. Don't hate - I know how we feel about kids in the CL but I do want to give them a chance to feel a bit more relaxed before boarding.

Also, how has breakfast been lately? Our flight will depart in the AM and I haven't been to the CL since the pandemic.

Any insights welcome! TIA!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You can expect the lounge to be full on a Sunday morning.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
You can expect the lounge to be full on a Sunday morning.
And pretty much all other days and times as well..
Boraxo and IndyHoosier like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.