Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
after going to the distillery in Lexington Kentucky I have a fondness for Evan Williams which is the bourbon that United pours in their clubs. They don’t allow doubles no matter how much you tip, but you can keep on ordering one after another if you like. It’s the house pour so there’s no charge. It’s funny that the bartenders in the G lounge never say thank you
No excuse for the bartenders, but probably an explanation in that the clientele is mostly international travelers, many of whom are not accustomed to tipping culture, and those bartenders are bitter that they've been relegated to the G pier.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:33 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by thatsku
Will try our luck tomorrow at 9am. Hopefully the line won't be too long.

How was it at that time?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:10 am

Surprisingly we didn't have to wait. We showed up at 9:15 and my party of four walked right in. The lounge wasn't super busy when we got there, but was packed by 10am with folks trying to find a place to sit.

The food was OK - the food wasn't the best but I've had worse breakfasts at lounges.

I guess we got lucky.
kirkwoodj and AZwldcats like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
7pm close time is pretty pathetic.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yep. As is the 8 am opening.
I'm surprised nothing has changed. I may have posted the 7 PM closing time here based on my last visit in early May. It's already summer and these guys should get their act together and start closing much late. 9 PM would be a nice start!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm surprised nothing has changed. I may have posted the 7 PM closing time here based on my last visit in early May. It's already summer and these guys should get their act together and start closing much late. 9 PM would be a nice start!
Yeah, wish they would stay open for the UA redeye bank, at least for the bulk of them, and could be helpful for those on the late night ULH flights - SIN, for example, still leaves at night, doesn’t it. UA has ORD departures ~midnight, and I think even a 1am to to IAH.

And opening time is 6am, not 8. 6 already misses some of the UA early bank of flights (to Midwest/east).
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by emcampbe
And opening time is 6am, not 8.
That just changed within the past week or two.
Flying Machine and lsquare like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Yeah, wish they would stay open for the UA redeye bank, at least for the bulk of them, and could be helpful for those on the late night ULH flights - SIN, for example, still leaves at night, doesn’t it. UA has ORD departures ~midnight, and I think even a 1am to to IAH.

And opening time is 6am, not 8. 6 already misses some of the UA early bank of flights (to Midwest/east).
Absolutely! I think the SYD flights depart late at night as well. It seems like the SIN flights got pushed back later? In May, it departed SFO at around 10:45 PM. I had to leave the CL at about 6:50 PM as the crew began ushering people out. It's not the end of the world as the UC near F5 closes late, but the food sucks. I think the PP restaurants close later in the evening as well.

Originally Posted by Kacee
That just changed within the past week or two.
It would be more beneficial if the CL closes later rather than opening earlier.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well I think that depends on when your flight departs. From a numbers perspective, the earlier opening will serve more cardholders than a later closing would - SFO starts getting busy around 6:30 am, whereas it's pretty empty after 7 pm.

This has never been a good lounge for the late Asia departures . . . pre-pandemic, it was a 10 pm close, but they pulled all the food around 9 pm, i.e., same as Polaris.
SPN Lifer, mia and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by wylek
Asked about the shower suite today and was told it is closed due to omicron.
Have the showers reopened?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:41 am
Suspended

It would be more beneficial if CL is open and available when you want to use it.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KFG84
Have the showers reopened?
I would like to know too!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
I would like to know too!
The showers are closed as of today. They did not have an estimate as to when they will re-open.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
Just noticed the hours are now 6AM to 9PM!
kirkwoodj and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Was on the way from United Polaris Lounge to E4 yesterday around 10am, thought I'd try checking in to CL. No line or wait, but man was it packed in there, didn't see any seats available. Just looked around, grabbed a buttermilk biscuit from the buffet, and continued on to my gate.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:52 pm

Stopped by here on the 20th around 9:30AM, no lines as well but it was packed inside with no seats available. Grabbed 2 bananas and what I thought were 2 apples but ended up being nectarines and left. I love nectarines so I count that as a win.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.