Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA resident apply for AF/KLM AMEX credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, AF
USA resident apply for AF/KLM AMEX credit card?

I've seen a few members mention applying for and receiving the French and/or Dutch Flying Blue Amex card while being a resident of the US. I'm hoping someone could help me with some more specifics of how that would be possible -- either through a PM or reply to this thread. The SUB is okay, but looking to get those XPs to give me a head start each year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
If you're just trying to get the 60XP, why not sign up for this one instead?

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local...redit-Card.htm
mia and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, AF
Yeah, I should have said in my original. I actually have that card. I wanted to see if there was a way to double up on the XP.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Is it impossible to get the card twice then? Even if you do not get the SUB, I think you would be eligible for the additional 60 XP.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gasolin
Is it impossible to get the card twice ...
The card terms stipulate: Limit one opening of account XP bonus per Flying Blue member. i expect this would also preclude receiving an additional bonus by opening a similar card in another country, but it depends how the rule is implemented in the Flying Blue's system.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 2:14 pm

You can have both cards but you won't be able to apply if you don't have ties (e.g. bank account, residency, credit history) in NL/FR.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
You need a residency justification and a local bank to open an Amex card in France or The Netherlands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.