Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Personal Platinum (USA) Saks 5th Ave $50 credit Jan-Jun and Jul-Dec each year.

Personal Platinum (USA) Saks 5th Ave $50 credit Jan-Jun and Jul-Dec each year.

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 29, 22, 6:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Previous thread is HERE.

$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 10, 22, 8:52 am

So this is going to be a weird question, but does anyone have experience buying caviar from Saks? I don't know much about caviar in general and shelf life, but was thinking it would be a good chance to buy a tin with the $50 credit.
Old Jan 10, 22, 10:05 am

DP: Bought two $50 GCs from Saks in SF on 1/5. Reimbursed today.
Old Jan 10, 22, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I just placed my twice-per-year orders at Saks for La Maison du Chocolat boxes. Gourmet chocolate isn't my thing, but it is very much my wife's thing. My two orders were about $100 each, including shipping. So it's about a 50% discount, given the $50 statement credits. And I get spousal credit for doing this, big time.
Old Jan 11, 22, 5:36 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
I just placed my twice-per-year orders at Saks for La Maison du Chocolat boxes. Gourmet chocolate isn't my thing, but it is very much my wife's thing. My two orders were about $100 each, including shipping. So it's about a 50% discount, given the $50 statement credits. And I get spousal credit for doing this, big time.
And spousal credit is worth SO MUCH MORE than statement credits - happy wife, happy life!
Old Jan 11, 22, 8:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by ou5603 View Post
I got the promotion card last year 75 off 150 but I was ready for the trip and did not even read the fine print. When I read the threads today and went back to check, yeah the GC was only valid from Dec 12-Dec 19. Is it worth of my time to give them a call? if there a chance for extension, I definitely would.
Same thing happened to me. I called yesterday and they extended it for 48 hours so that I could make an immediate purchase.
Old Jan 11, 22, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ou5603 View Post
I got the promotion card last year 75 off 150 but I was ready for the trip and did not even read the fine print. When I read the threads today and went back to check, yeah the GC was only valid from Dec 12-Dec 19. Is it worth of my time to give them a call? if there a chance for extension, I definitely would.
Saks is very good about extending the benefits - when you call customer service you might want to select what you intend to purchase ahead of time and place the order directly with them - that way you know you received the $75.00 credit.
Old Jan 11, 22, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Finally remembered to use the credit. Managed to find something that I’ve been wanting that wasn’t a markup vs Amazon. Not the most useful benefit in the world but I would have bought this item anyway.
Old Jan 12, 22, 6:06 am

Programs: DL: Platinum, UA: Silver, AMEX Plat, Hyatt: Globalist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite & Ambassador
Physical gift cards still good in 2022 when purchasing at store?
Old Jan 12, 22, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
Physical gift cards purchased in the store do not have an expiration date - the gift cards mentioned in the last few posts have to do with a promotional gift card that was available as a black Friday special (spend $150, receive a $75 gift card that had to be used during a specific time period in December).
Old Jan 12, 22, 7:20 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Physical gift cards still good in 2022....
Originally Posted by gnomie View Post
Physical gift cards purchased in the store do not have an expiration date ...
I "think" LDNConsultant is asking if gift card purchases are still reimbursed.
LDNConsultant likes this.
Old Jan 12, 22, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Yes, credits just posted yesterday.
Old Jan 12, 22, 2:18 pm

bought gift cards in store 1/4
credits posted 1/8
Old Jan 12, 22, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL: Platinum, UA: Silver, AMEX Plat, Hyatt: Globalist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite & Ambassador
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel View Post
Yes, credits just posted yesterday.
Originally Posted by juicesweetpotatobat View Post
bought gift cards in store 1/4
credits posted 1/8
Thanks now will drive to a store when the NYC weather calms down a bit!!
Old Jan 12, 22, 2:58 pm
MTY

Purchased GC 1/7, credited 1/10.
Flyinglotus likes this.
Old Jan 12, 22, 4:31 pm
Community Director

Aesop hand wash. $50.65 including tax.
jamesteroh and DrForce like this.

Search this Thread