Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:07 pm

Warning. Amex is not honoring the $300 off $1000 amextravel offers. They are saying that "since the reservation was done through our travel team , I'm afraid the charge is not eligible for offer benefit." This is nuts.

I booked online but the offer allows you to call them too so this is very bad.

Last edited by olouie; Aug 10, 2022 at 4:13 pm
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Warning. Amex is not honoring the $300 off $1000 amextravel offers. They are saying that "since the reservation was done through our travel team , I'm afraid the charge is not eligible for offer benefit." This is nuts.

I booked online but the offer allows you to call them too so this is very bad.
Or the get X MR after spending Y, up to 3 times.

Mine was get 2500 MR for spending $4000. Hit that on April 22 or so for an offer that gave me until June 8, and I still haven’t received the points. Getting blown off by chat CS multiple times, even after verifying that yes, hit the spend. One told me the points have been issued but not posted (or something similar), another saying to give it another 5 business days (didn’t happen), then last time it would take 20-25 business days. That was sometime around mid-July. Had the plat for a year, and just about ready to give up. It’s just not worth the fee
SPN Lifer and olouie like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Had the plat for a year, and just about ready to give up. It’s just not worth the fee
If it makes you feel better I’ve had a platinum card for well over a dozen years now and they are still giving me the run around.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
99% of Amex Offers are not a good deal, unless you were already planning on purchasing from the vendor. Every so often there's 100% free offers so those are definitely worth it, like best buy $100 off $100 😁
I haven't seen one like this since 2020.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....They are saying ....
This is just their way of saying that they do not understand what went wrong. If the terms allow telephone booking you will get the money if you persist.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by mia
This is just their way of saying that they do not understand what went wrong. If the terms allow telephone booking you will get the money if you persist.
I booked online. What it comes down to is that amextravel / IAP codes showing the airline and not Amex on the statement, but Amex designed the offer to trigger when amextravel was the merchant. The bigger issue I have here is this seems designed to mislead people who went for the offers (or Amex is clueless). First time I’ve had to escalate and amex sent for “investigation” but the reps and supervisor both said if I don’t get email saying offer was triggered then it’s likely not going to get honored.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:45 am
mia

They are saying that "since the reservation was done through our travel team , I'm afraid the charge is not eligible for offer benefit.".
What it comes down to is that amextravel / IAP codes showing the airline and not Amex on the statement,.... I don’t get email saying offer was triggered then it’s likely not going to get honored.
I see two different explanations. Either way the likelihood that the automated system will not generate the credit does not mean you will not receive it, but as a matter of practice customer service will not manually issue a credit until the time listed in the terms has run.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by mia; Aug 11, 2022 at 8:50 am
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by mia
I see two different explanations. Either way the likelihood that the automated system will not generate the credit does not mean you will not receive it, but as a matter of practice customer service will not manually issue a credit until the time listed in the terms has run.
Thanks, Not my first time dealing with Amex and their various bits of “information” haha. Looks like time to just wait it out but will likely think twice about booking these offers next time.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:03 am

Hopefully you used their chat feature to get the determination that you qualified for the offer. While you cannot have them email the chat to you (as some other sites do), their system retains chats for a year. So when I have an issue, I use chat rather than a phone call, so i will have a record. I had issues with two offers in the spring and triggered a 3rd in June. It was ultimately resolved in my favor in early July. Credits were $130 total, so worth chatting with them about.
Segments likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:44 pm

Got $50 off $200 at Nespresso on my BBP
SanDiego1K and levilevi like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:50 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Troopers
thank you for the heads up. This is perfect for me. We need to replenish.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Hopefully you used their chat feature to get the determination that you qualified for the offer. While you cannot have them email the chat to you (as some other sites do), their system retains chats for a year. So when I have an issue, I use chat rather than a phone call, so i will have a record. I had issues with two offers in the spring and triggered a 3rd in June. It was ultimately resolved in my favor in early July. Credits were $130 total, so worth chatting with them about.
Waiting on their investigation that I qualified for the offer. But yes all via chat since I def want a record of this. $300 is a lot and the chat statements already kind of contradicting themselves is pretty good if I have to escalate.
466SHH likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I got “spend $50, get $15” on my Plat.
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:53 am

Darn it. No Nespresso offer on any of my cards, but I'll keep an eye out. I order direct from Nespresso all the time.
mfranzwa likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:07 am
mia

Originally Posted by SusanDK
,,,,order direct from Nespresso all the time.
Do you pay with American Express?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.