Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Norwegian Cruise Line $1000/$250 exp 9/12/22
Peacock $4.99/$4.99 once a month for up to 3 months, exp 8/31/22
AMC+ $8.99/4 up to 4x exp 7/29/22
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by mia
Is the offer 3% back on ALL purchases, up to $100 bonus, -or- is it 3% back on purchases at HILTON properties in USA?
Sorry about that, but yes, as others have said, it’s for Hilton stays:

“Get 3% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Business Card to make purchases on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Hilton properties from 6/14/2022 to 12/14/2022. Book at hilton.com. Limit of $100 back in total statement credits. See terms.”
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
This one is a new LOW one for AMEX......... On my Platinum Card:
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $500 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels® & JW Marriott® from 4/15/2022 to 6/30/2022.

"Offer valid only on room rate and room charges at the following Marriott Bonvoy® participating hotels in the U.S. and U.S. Territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels® & JW Marriott®.
"

and I had an eligible expense of $600 from St. Regis in Bermuda.... AMEX Back office is stating that I'm not eligible since they are considering BERMUDA TO BE A BRITISH TERRITORY therefore its 'Europe' and not Caribbean....
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:33 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
. AMEX Back office is stating that I'm not eligible since they are considering BERMUDA TO BE A BRITISH TERRITORY therefore its 'Europe' and not Caribbean....
The Offer is from Marriott, not from American Express. Marriott shows Bermuda as a Caribbean market.

Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The Offer is from Marriott, not from American Express. Marriott shows Bermuda as a Caribbean market.

+1

Now AMEX Backoffice is stating that I had to make reservation via online (which I did) and the payment should have been online as well instead of the folio closing via in person at the hotel. The offer has no mention of the payment condition and only states that

"Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only on room rate and room charges at the following Marriott Bonvoy® participating hotels in the U.S. and U.S. Territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean: The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels® & JW Marriott®. Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy® App or by calling 1-888-236-2427. Excludes all other Marriott brands: Marriott Hotels®, Sheraton® Hotels & Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club®, Delta Hotels by Marriott®, Le Méridien® Hotels & Resorts, Westin® Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Design Hotels™, Renaissance® Hotels, Tribute Portfolio®, Gaylord Hotels®, Courtyard by Marriott®, Four Points® by Sheraton, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Fairfield by Marriott®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft® Hotels, Moxy® Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites® by Marriott, Element by Westin®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International®, and Vistana™. Excludes gift card purchases. Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities, or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points. Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott International luxury brand made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. "

Like is this a joke...... and they created a case for this but are they going to nit pick EVERYTHING NOW

Last edited by LDNConsultant; Jun 16, 2022 at 12:53 pm
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, somebody at Amex seems to be making things up. (No, you don't need to make the reservation online, per the T&Cs you can also call).

Are they also going to consider the Ritz Carlton's in Turks & Caicos and Grand Cayman to be Europe, not Caribbean? Those are both British overseas territories.
volabam and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Clearly, as a matter of geography, Bermuda is in the Atlantic Ocean and not in the Caribbean Sea.

However, for administrative purposes, Marriott is free to group its properties however it wishes. Beaucoup Bonvy!

🌴 🎶 💚 🤠
volabam likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Norwegian Cruise Line $1000/$250 exp 9/12/22
Peacock $4.99/$4.99 once a month for up to 3 months, exp 8/31/22
AMC+ $8.99/4 up to 4x exp 7/29/22
The NCL offer on our cards is $500/$125 same expiration date.

There is also a Celebrity $175/$500 expires 08/15/2022,

Last edited by Happy; Jun 18, 2022 at 10:31 am
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Sorry about that, but yes, as others have said, it’s for Hilton stays:

“Get 3% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Business Card to make purchases on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Hilton properties from 6/14/2022 to 12/14/2022. Book at hilton.com. Limit of $100 back in total statement credits. See terms.”
HOW do we know which Hilton participates?! 3% is not an enough incentive for me to use a Hilton but the wording of "participating" is truly ambiguous. The offer also does not show on Hilton cards.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: delta, hilton, marriott
I just noticed 7% back on my platinum business card. Since I'm staying in hilton properties next week, it sounds like a better bonus than using my hilton aspire for the first $700.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, $150 off $750, Expires 7/17/2022
"Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid for eligible U.S. Card Members for purchases at one of the participating properties in the Four Seasons Private Retreats Collection of luxury home rentals in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, Anguilla and Saint Kitts and Nevis. Offer also available at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts properties in the same locations, plus the Bahamas. Reservations must be made online at U.S. website fourseasons.com or in-person. Excludes Four Seasons Gift Cards purchased online. Not valid for Four Seasons eGift Card purchases. Excludes any service or amenity not charged to a room, third party bookings, Four Seasons Private Jet, The Four Seasons Beds, Four Seasons Magazine subscriptions and other amenities. Qualifying purchase means a purchase at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts or Private Retreats luxury Rentals made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $750 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/17/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items/services from your qualifying purchase have been provided by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your purchase as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account. The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Amex Offers are dynamic and personalized, so the offers you see may change. For questions regarding your Card Account, please call the number on the back of your Card. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K3QC:0001"

Last edited by mia; Jun 20, 2022 at 6:23 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Marriott, spend $250, $50 off, expires 6/30/22. On my blue biz AMEX and personal Gold AMEX. Have yet to find on any of my husband's myriad AMEX cards.
Originally Posted by zebranz
I have this on only 1 card but have the spend $500 get $100 on certain M hotels on ALL my cards.
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I have the Marriot International Luxury Brands, $100 off $500 and the regular Marriott one for $50 off $250. Got both of them on all my cards including Delta Amex.

*The Luxury offer only includes W Hotels, JW Marriot, Ritz Carlton, St Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection in the US/US Territories, Canada and Mexico.

*The Regular offer includes all Marriott properties in Canada/US/Mexico... EXCEPT Ritz Carlton, St Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, JW Marriott, Marriot Vacation Club, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Homes &Villas and Vistana.
OK - bringing back up the Marriott GC offers - the recent slate expire 6/30... as luck would have it, checking into a StR on 7/1... of course.
So I have BOTH these offers somehow saved to my Biz Plat.

I gather really hard to find physical Marriott GCs on properties... but is there a thread/wiki somewhere (I looked a bit, but didn't find) anyone knows of? Can try calling of course a bit... but I'm thinking if one place for GCs is a unicorn, finding that one "regular" and a "luxury" brand in the same region will be impossible.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:19 pm

Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $50 in one or more purchases in-store at Walmart or online at walmart.com by 7/31/2022. See terms.
jamesteroh, levilevi and Pocatello like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:42 am

is any of you guys experiencing Amex offer credit not getting posted recently?

Amex used to be quite reliable, but recently, it seems like credits are not posting. I used Air France/KLM offer for over $1000 charged on 5/29, but I still don't see $200 credit as of today 6/22. I used Fedex offer for 50% back on 6/13, but as of today, 50% credit is not posted.

Is this normal? Should I give Amex more time? Amex offer credit used to always post only a few days after transaction dates... now it's getting a little unreliable.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Wow, somebody at Amex seems to be making things up. (No, you don't need to make the reservation online, per the T&Cs you can also call).

Are they also going to consider the Ritz Carlton's in Turks & Caicos and Grand Cayman to be Europe, not Caribbean? Those are both British overseas territories.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Clearly, as a matter of geography, Bermuda is in the Atlantic Ocean and not in the Caribbean Sea.

However, for administrative purposes, Marriott is free to group its properties however it wishes. Beaucoup Bonvy!

🌴 🎶 💚 🤠
+1 they raised an escalation but I've called back and got a friendly rep whom manually credited the $100 for this and gave me 10,000 MR points for inconvenience since the other Rep agreed with me. I did get extra MR but it is kinda annoying to follow-up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.