Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
The terms of the Celebrity offer state Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 3/27/2022, which is the end of the promotion. It sounds as if Celebrity has chosen to review and pay everyone at the end, rather than after individual transactions.
I had in on my Platinum card also, and also had a bonus MR Points Celebrity offer double dip and I charged those back a few months ago and both posted right away like normal. I am hoping these will post after the promo is over, just feeling like this is going to become a hassle to get the credit.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:00 pm

I had the Adidas $20 off $100 amex offer. Bought some shoes and clothes. It was easily over $100, I got the email saying i used my amex offer.
I did notice that Adidas ended up doing multiple charges instead of 1. I assume it is like Amazon, and they had shipped from different warehouses and charged each one separately. This ended up with have 2 charges in the around $92 which is under $100. I assume Amex knows this stuff happens and I should be good?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I rarely have ever received notifications.
I get them. I got one for Turbotax and always for when I use my $15 Uber credit.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Drew523
I had the Adidas $20 off $100 amex offer. Bought some shoes and clothes. It was easily over $100, I got the email saying i used my amex offer.
I did notice that Adidas ended up doing multiple charges instead of 1. I assume it is like Amazon, and they had shipped from different warehouses and charged each one separately. This ended up with have 2 charges in the around $92 which is under $100. I assume Amex knows this stuff happens and I should be good?
depends on the offer. Some specify in a single purchase, some allow for multiple. Check the terms.

i had a Chase 10% off on While Foods, which I did as a pick up on Amazon, and got to the max of $60, but somehow the charge got split. Had to call in to have them apply the balance of the offer, since it was the same transaction.

Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I get them. I got one for Turbotax and always for when I use my $15 Uber credit.
when you use your Uber credit?

I’ve never gotten anything when I use Uber credit - only when the $ goes into my account, and pretty sure that notification is from Uber and not Amex.

as for my Peets offer, I think I’m going to use chat to figure out what’s going on. that was March 20th, and still not credited. Also missing my digital credit (charged on March 19), and Walmart (charged on March 13) - something definitely wrong with the credits. I think there are people saying the Saks credits are not posting either (funny enough, I got a $7+ credit from Saks a few days ago and I’m not sure what for - already used the Saks credit in Jan, and theres no purchase I have returned or anything that I’m due credit for - but I won’t complain too much!).
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
when you use your Uber credit?

I’ve never gotten anything when I use Uber credit - only when the $ goes into my account, and pretty sure that notification is from Uber and not Amex.
Yes that notification comes from Uber when the credits are loaded into your account. I don't get anything from Amex either - how would they knew when I wishy use that $15 credit anyway?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Anyone else waiting for the credit to post for many weeks? Used to be a couple of days, but now it’s weeks - DL via AmEx offer hasn’t posted for 3 weeks and counting, same with Marriott. Also, I’m not receiving emails when an offer is used. I wonder if it’s a widespread issue or just me 🙈
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Anyone else waiting for the credit to post for many weeks? Used to be a couple of days, but now it’s weeks - DL via AmEx offer hasn’t posted for 3 weeks and counting, same with Marriott. Also, I’m not receiving emails when an offer is used. I wonder if it’s a widespread issue or just me 🙈
Yes- used to post within days. Marriott charged on 2 cards 19 March. Did receive emails 26 March on both. Credits not posted yet.

===
Platinum credit of $50 posted 3 April. Still awaiting posting of credit to AMEX Blue Open card- credited 7 April. All up to date now.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by zebranz; Apr 8, 2022 at 11:58 am Reason: Update
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:11 am

Ah, as far as I know, every credit has always posted for me in a relatively timely fashion, generally within days or at 7 days, at the most. The only exception was if I recall the PayPay $30 or $50 (can't recall which) credit for 6 months; during one of the months, it didn't post. I called and the CSR credited it immediately, only to see the credit come in a few weeks later. I unwittingly double dipped but they never clawed it back.

Not that I'm a big fan of PayPay or anything, but I'd love it if there were to do this again, say, at $100 credit this time!

PS - Oh, not that I really keep track but it does appear that I do receive less frequent email confirms.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by zebranz
Yes- used to post within days. Marriott charged on 2 cards 19 March. Did receive emails 26 March on both. Credits not posted yet.
Same with me. Delta AmexTravel charge posted to card on 03/19. Got the email on 03/25. Until now, still haven't received the credit.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:09 pm

Wow -- InstaCart is back: $20/$75 up to 2X, exp. 2022/05/23
Spoiler

Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:57 am

Staples
Spend $100 or more, get $25 back
EXPIRES 06/30/2022

DETAILS
Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Business Card to spend a minimum of $100 in one or more eligible transactions in-store at Staples or online at staples.com by 6/30/2022. See terms.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:06 am

$200 off $1k on AF/KL.us showed up on my gold and plat.
Visconti likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by desafino
$200 off $1k on AF/KL.us showed up on my gold and plat.
That's a good one, especially if it's the direct purchase without having to use amex travel. I'm gonna go check to see if I may have it too!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
That's a good one, especially if it's the direct purchase without having to use amex travel. I'm gonna go check to see if I may have it too!
We're you able to check your account? I can't even access my offers because the system appears to be down.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
We're you able to check your account? I can't even access my offers because the system appears to be down.
No, it says "system unavailable." Ah, I can't imagine that we're all so eager to cross the pond that we're all checking at once? LOL

PS - App is working - I have it! And, Waldorf $100 for spending $500 too. Also, Hilton too. It seems like they know I'm itching to travel or something.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.